Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Can anyone explain lokis motivations, is he simply a trickster or does he really care about Thor and help him at times, because he tried to betray Thor when they were trying to get off the planet but then ends up helping
I actually asked my homie the same question. I don't understand his character anymore

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I'm sure he got paid handsomely for those apartments.com ads

He's run his course.
I honestly thought he was gonna die after that elevator talk. I think it would've been for the best if he did tbh.

Last edited:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Coworkers dragged me to see this again. It's still fun.

Three things I noticed though that I didn't notice the first time:

In all of the earlier paintings on the ceiling Hella was holding Thor's hammer. Like oh shyt. Was Mjolnir's hers first? Or did she create it?

Second, when Loki invade's Valkyrie's mind, the woman who gets stabbed right in front of her looks like the comic book depiction of Valkyrie. Since Valkyrie often are named for the battles in which they fought, this makes me think that Tessa's character took the name of her fallen friend. I'm wondering if Valkyrie is her real name.

Third, when Loki is running back to get the crown to put it in the eternal flame, he pauses when he passes the tesseract cube. There's no way he didn't take that thing. But is the cube in the vault the real thing? Hella made a point of saying there are a lot of fake things in the vault. I just wonder if it's a red herring and if it will figure in IW at all.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
These speeches make clear that Hela wants to take over the universe, but we’re given little motivation for that desire beyond the fact that she’s the goddess of death and this is apparently what goddesses of death do.

Really? :skip:

Despite Blanchett’s best efforts, her character is ultimately no more dangerous or consequential than any of the villains who come off of Marvel’s assembly line

Really? :skip:

Thor had to sacrifice his country to get rid of her and she isn't even gone permanently. Whoever wrote this just needs to say they didn't watch the movie cuz this is some shyt :pachaha:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Movie was good, but this Marvel trend of dumbing down characters to make them more accessible is getting old and detracting from the movies. Hulk has kindergarten IQ levels now? That rock-man running gag fell fast.

Felt like a GOTG movie using Thor pieces.

Bout time he fights like the GOD OF THUNDER. Smh.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Coworkers dragged me to see this again. It's still fun.

Three things I noticed though that I didn't notice the first time:

In all of the earlier paintings on the ceiling Hella was holding Thor's hammer. Like oh shyt. Was Mjolnir's hers first? Or did she create it?

Second, when Loki invade's Valkyrie's mind, the woman who gets stabbed right in front of her looks like the comic book depiction of Valkyrie. Since Valkyrie often are named for the battles in which they fought, this makes me think that Tessa's character took the name of her fallen friend. I'm wondering if Valkyrie is her real name.

Third, when Loki is running back to get the crown to put it in the eternal flame, he pauses when he passes the tesseract cube. There's no way he didn't take that thing. But is the cube in the vault the real thing? Hella made a point of saying there are a lot of fake things in the vault. I just wonder if it's a red herring and if it will figure in IW at all.
We know that Asgard had the real cube because Thor took it back there after the first Avengers movie. Also Hela saw the cube in the vault and said it was impressive, basically acknowledging it was the real thing.

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
My questions are is Loki running into Thanos intentional, and how the fukk did the Quinjet find a wormhole?

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
My questions are is Loki running into Thanos intentional, and how the fukk did the Quinjet find a wormhole?
Yes and I think it was said that those portals randomly open up at places. That whole planet was said to not make any kind of sense so I just labelled it as fukkery lol

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
Sooooo let me get this straight....

In the last Thor movie his mother got murdered, Loki died (Thor believed he did), Asgard was ruined, in Age of Ultron he had a terrible vision of death and destruction of the 9 realms and the forthcoming of Thanos.......

But he's a happy go lucky comedian now?
:mindblown:

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
Sooooo let me get this straight....

In the last Thor movie his mother got murdered, Loki died (Thor believed he did), Asgard was ruined, in Age of Ultron he had a terrible vision of death and destruction of the 9 realms and the forthcoming of Thanos.......

But he's a happy go lucky comedian now?
:mindblown:

He didn't really have time to brood in this movie. Pacing was quick and he had a mission on his mind.

But I do agree sometimes characters get lost in inconsistency because the movies won't always have the same tone.