Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
It's corny as hell when people do it for sports teams or colleges but nobody ever complains.

Cats sitting on the couch eating Cheetos talking about "we just got a touchdown". HOW SWAY?
jsvRtO4.png

Fred.
True

So some how this is not tho?:dwillhuh:

:mjlol: we

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
True

So some how this is not tho?:dwillhuh:

:mjlol: we

I'm saying you'd be hard pressed to find people to criticize stanning sports or colleges....but virtually everyone would criticize Marvel vs DC, or Android vs Apple, or Microsoft vs Sony, or literally anything else. It's all exactly the same. Likewise if somebody was sitting around talking about....I dunno, stats in an RPG they'd be a nerd but cats obsess over their fantasy football league like the shyt is different....it's not, at all. One is socially accepted nerd shyt, the other isn't.

Fred.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I'm saying you'd be hard pressed to find people to criticize stanning sports or colleges....but virtually everyone would criticize Marvel vs DC, or Android vs Apple, or Microsoft vs Sony, or literally anything else. It's all exactly the same. Likewise if somebody was sitting around talking about....I dunno, stats in an RPG they'd be a nerd but cats obsess over their fantasy football league like the shyt is different....it's not, at all. One is socially accepted nerd shyt, the other isn't.

Fred.

Yep. I been saying that shyt for years. The stanning over traditional sports, if you're not actually either a. the players, b. the coaches or c. the owners, then all that stat busting memorizing shyt is just as nerdy as it is in any other medium.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Fred.
No it's not exactly the same:mjlol:

Marvel doesn't represent a city's entity:mjlol:

U can't get a degree from Android:mjlol:

Stop it:mjlol:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps

Fred.
Major difference is my tax money paid for the stadium of my sports team and I’m an alum of the college sports team I cheer for. It actually is “we”.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No it's not exactly the same:mjlol:

Marvel doesn't represent a city's entity:mjlol:

U can't get a degree from Android:mjlol:

Stop it:mjlol:

C'mon son. You know good and God damn well there's thousands of sports fans of teams not from their own city....and obviously not every college sports fan is actually in college. So what are you talking about? And :gucci: at "represents a city's entity"....again, HOW SWAY? There's millions of people living in any major city in America that don't give a fukk about who their home team is. In some cases, like I said, they don't even fukk with the team from their own city.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Major difference is my tax money paid for the stadium of my sports team and I’m an alum of the college sports team I cheer for. It actually is “we”.

Your tax dollars paid for the stadium. Aight cool....fans are directly responsible for the success of, let's say "Thor: Raganarok". So again....why does one get to brag...and one doesn't? :jbhmm:
And everyone that has ever cheered for a college team has been an alum, right? :jbhmm:

Fred.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C'mon son. You know good and God damn well there's thousands of sports fans of teams not from their own city....and obviously not every college sports fan is actually in college. So what are you talking about? And :gucci: at "represents a city's entity"....again, HOW SWAY? There's millions of people living in any major city in America that don't give a fukk about who their home team is. In some cases, like I said, they don't even fukk with the team from their own city.

Fred.
And I clown them too:hhh:

So what's the point

:francis:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And I clown them too:hhh:

So what's the point

:francis:
Then I got no issue with you. :hubie:

But most people ain't looking at these types of situations with a microscope. You can dikk ride a sports team all day and nobody bats an eye, or goes into "well....did you actually go to college....are you really from that city?"....shyt literally never happens.

Fred.