Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
They didn't go to any different dimensions, they were just going to different planets in different parts of the Universe.

The only MCU films that acknowledge or deal with different dimensions are Ant-Man and Dr Strange.
Isn't the devil's anus like some sort of portal or something?

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
This isn't even a complaint what I'm about to say but somehow someway I wish Marvel could have kept Hulk's role in this movie a secret.

Imagine if we had not known he was in the movie until the point when the Grandmaster introduced him in the arena? :wow:
From a movie going standpoint, sure. But from a business standpoint, not showing Hulk would be a terrible marketing blunder.

We can't forget that mainstream movies are not just art, it's also a business. The end goal is always to maximize profits.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Isn't the devil's anus like some sort of portal or something?

It was basically a wormhole just like the Bifrost. It bends space and time so they can get to various points quicker but didn't take them to a different dimension.

Remember at the end they leave Asgard and head to earth on a regular spaceship. Asgard is in the same dimension as earth, just in a different part of the universe.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This was a dope flick. Loved it. Loved how it's essentially a farce mixed with an 80s sci-fi flick like Flash Gordon. In fact, it's a big budget better acted version of Flash Gordon. The Asgard stuff was :snooze: which in turn made Hela kinda meh but Cate Blanchett was clearly going for the gold and saved what was probably bland on paper.

Goldblum basically did the Goldblum thing and was the real life version of hedonism bot. Everything on his planet was perfect and it's obvious the director cared more about that than the Asgard stuff.

Nice three movie arc for Thor also and felt very self-contained while still setting up future stuff (Asgardians on earth, Loki and the tesseract, Thanos) but the star of the show was Valkyrie. Tessa Thompson owned every scene she was in and hopefully this means we'll be seeing more of her. I'm normally not into chicks who drink like a fish but I'd make an exception for her. Easily the best Thor flick although that's not saying much, and found its footing by trying not to make "Thor" so important and grandiose, which is where I think the first two Thor flicks messed up.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Easily the best Thor flick although that's not saying much, and found its footing by trying not to make "Thor" so important and grandiose, which is where I think the first two Thor flicks messed up.

You think Thor 1 tries too hard to make him look important? I felt like it was the same brand of humor. He gets hit by a car, he can't lift his hammer for most of the film, and he keeps hurting himself and damaging property. I mean they almost make him look completely useless until the last act. I guess I don't get how people can diss Thor 1 and like Thor 3 when he's almost dealing with the same issues with the same level of comedy.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You think Thor 1 tries too hard to make him look important? I felt like it was the same brand of humor. He gets hit by a car, he can't lift his hammer for most of the film, and he keeps hurting himself and damaging property. I mean they almost make him look completely useless until the last act. I guess I don't get how people can diss Thor 1 and like Thor 3 when he's almost dealing with the same issues with the same level of comedy.

Not him important but the story. The Shakespeare tragedy of it all just fell flat for me. Especially when they barely spent any time in the place where all of that would be necessary (Asgard). Bragnauh approached it with the grandiose nature of an old story and it never felt alive to me. Thor 2 is just boring as hell. This one is irreverent enough for me and I always gravitate more to irreverence

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Not him important but the story. The Shakespeare tragedy of it all just fell flat for me. Especially when they barely spent any time in the place where all of that would be necessary (Asgard). Bragnauh approached it with the grandiose nature of an old story and it never felt alive to me. Thor 2 is just boring as hell. This one is irreverent enough for me and I always gravitate more to irreverence

Gotcha. We'll agree to disagree on that. Odin casting Thor out in the first movie is still one of my favorite scenes from a Marvel movie.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Hulk scene asking Thor not to leave was priceless. :mjcry:
Hulk has the best individual arc of the MCU and it only gets better.

Tessa Thompson stole the show :blessed: honorable mention to whoever played Korg

Black widow :scust:

My wife was sick of the overall comedy. I was fine with it......but yeah it was a little distracting. They amped it up past GoTG levels.

I was a little late ...... did Thor Kill Surtur in the beginning:dwillhuh:

Because if Thor can kill Surtur then hela surely could have killed Surtur too because she was way more powerful than thor, i got lost there. Im just gonna assume he was weak in the beginning but the eternal flame brings you back in your prime.

WTF happened to Hela at the end, the goddess of death surely didnt die did she :smugfavre:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Gotcha. We'll agree to disagree on that. Odin casting Thor out in the first movie is still one of my favorite scenes from a Marvel movie.

Yeah that stuff is interesting. But the movie spends more time on earth and earth in that movie was boring as hell. Kenneth clearly cared more about Asgard than earth like Taika clearly cared more about the Planet Hulk stuff. So his movie spent more time in the place and story he was interested in while Kenneth didn't have that luxury. Those first two Thor movies are just flat as hell to me serviceable at best. Even though they both have their moments, this one felt more consistent even though it still has its issues

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
So, Heimdall had alot of Asgardians in that temple on the mountain...what happened to the people that was in that courtyard when Scurge was about to behead ole girl?:dwillhuh:

-Too much comedy. Normally i don't complain about it in the MCU, but yeah it was too much.
-i love that they didn't waste time explaining Surter, Valkerie, Grand Master, Hela, etc...
-Dr. Strange was keeping an eye on shyt and he couldn't help anybody out with some portals?:stopitslime:
-So did Thor have the Odin Force or was that just his own power?:jbhmm:
-Did they break up the Hammer so that Jane Foster could get it in another movie in the future?
-Overall i liked it. They finally made a good Thor movie. :ehh:

Last edited:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
This isn't even a complaint what I'm about to say but somehow someway I wish Marvel could have kept Hulk's role in this movie a secret.

Imagine if we had not known he was in the movie until the point when the Grandmaster introduced him in the arena? :wow:

I hope the Contest of Champions stuff gets revisited somehow considering the faces that are on the tower
yeah looking back yeah that shyt would of been dope.... but folks wanst really checking for this third thor movie untill the news of hulk being in it dropped

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Did he say dampen? I thought he said The hammer was just to help him control and focus his powers but wasn't the source of his strength.

In fact immediately following Odin's death we saw Thor's lightning powers start to flicker and he was holding Mojlnir at the time.
thats exactly what he said
thats why he said he wasnt the god of hammers

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Random question but wasn't they saying in this movie Thor would be indifferent to Loki and over his shenanigans especially after what he did too Odin. Thor didn't seem particularly upset with Loki

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
They could have expanded it,given other side characters on sakaar more screen time, made goldblum the main villain and focused on the rebellion.

It felt clumsy and awkward trying to mash together the stories. Like the executioner character only existed in this film so that hela could spew out exposition to someone. Karl urban was wasted in this. I died at his intro with the look at my stuff shyt but beyond that he just stood around listening to hela talk.

It just didn't mesh for me at all because the sakaar plot was so much better than the Ragnarok/hela stuff. I'm not opposed to meshing together stories and arcs but if one is just head and shoulders above the other in quality it doesn't work.

I can't express enough how much I really loved everything on sakaar.
-The stuff on Sakaar was just Thor picking up Hulk and Loki.
-Skurge is a marvel character in the comics. He wasn't just a movie creation.
-And the Sakaar/Planet hulk stuff would probably take alot of movies to get through. Between the illuminati sending hulk there, to hulk wifing up and having a son, to explaining how hulk got back and doing all the World Breaker Hulk stuff. Like it would have been a huge tangent to the stuff with Thanos. I think they give the proper nod to Planet Hulk and pulled out just enough to keep it moving.