Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

Jefe Blanco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Dope movie, but the Hela/Raganarok parts were a buzzkill. Like others said, the Thor/Hulk scenes and everything in Sakaar was much more interesting and better done.

This is the first time I really cared for a MCU score as well. The 80s sounding music was dope.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Thought it was pretty good. I probably had my expectations up too high for it being a Thor movie. It’s probably sitting around # 8 or 9 out of the MCU.

it seems like they really wanted to make a ragnarok movie and a planet hulk movie but they knew they’d only be able to make 1 more Thor movie, so they said fukk it and smashed them together.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I always just figured Thor held back his power on Earth. Whenever he was on another planet he looked far more powerful.

I always remember that ep of Justice League were they're fighting Darkseid and Superman says that when he usually fights, he always has to hold back, but he can go all out on Darkseid cuz he can take it.

Nah, Odin made a point in the movie to

point out that the hammer itself was just a means to dampen/suppress Thor's true power (which Thor clearly wasn't aware of, until Oden's spirit came to him in those near death experiences). I doubt Thor was holding back when Earth was about to be destroyed in Avengers 1 or when Ultron was about to blow up the earth in Avengers 2.

I think we can conjur up in-story explanations to connect the dots (tho the movie already did that for us) but that aside, I just see it as the MCU folks saying "we hear yall and we gon turn shyt up a notch next time" :manny:

And I applaud them for that.

Last edited:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, Odin made a point in the movie to

point out that the hammer itself was just a means to dampen/suppress Thor's true power (which Thor clearly wasn't aware of, until Oden's spirit came to him in those near death experiences). I doubt Thor was holding back when Earth was about to be destroyed in Avengers 1 or when Ultron was about to blow up the earth in Avengers 2.

I think we can conjur up in-story explanations to connect the dots (tho the movie already did that for us) but that aside, I just see it as the MCU folks saying "we hear yall and we gon turn shyt up a notch next time" :manny:

And I applaud them for that.

Did he say dampen? I thought he said The hammer was just to help him control and focus his powers but wasn't the source of his strength.

In fact immediately following Odin's death we saw Thor's lightning powers start to flicker and he was holding Mojlnir at the time.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
Thought it was pretty good. I probably had my expectations up too high for it being a Thor movie. It’s probably sitting around # 8 or 9 out of the MCU.

it seems like they really wanted to make a ragnarok movie and a planet hulk movie but they knew they’d only be able to make 1 more Thor movie, so they said fukk it and smashed them together.
How would you rank the mcu movies?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Did they cut a scene that was in the early screenings?

I remember hearing in an earlier review that there was a really dirty joke that was borderline too far for a Disney marvel movie. I kept waiting for it to happen...but I don’t remember seeing anything that matched that description. I thought it was going to be Hulk naked but nothing happened there so...

Any word of a scene being cut for the U.S release?

I saw the scene you talembout.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This was entertaining as fukk..just got out the theater...easily the best of the Thor movies

Where was sif though?

Balder has yet to make an appearance in this and this should have been the adventure balder the brave showed up.
As balder, is the character I read Thor for in the Walt Simonson era.
Past that this film ratchets it up to the same level of overall quality winter soldier did for cap. While taking Thor in a nee direction and giving it a new avenue to give it a distinction from the other large number of marvel movies, at this point. While also fitting it into similar realms, of other marvel properties.
that keep thor from feeling out of place.

I actually was really amazed at the color palette of this movie and the fact it was a dimension jumping film and I typically always hate dimension or time warp style properties. Yet this one gave simple setups and fixes and did not take it self too seriously when it could have. Just an excellent film and I had more fun watching this than guardians 2.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Balder has yet to make an appearance in this and this should have been the adventure balder the brave showed up.
As balder, is the character I read Thor for in the Walt Simonson era.
Past that this film ratchets it up to the same level of overall quality winter soldier did for cap. While taking Thor in a nee direction and giving it a new avenue to give it a distinction from the marvel movies. While also fitting it into similar realms, of other marvel properties.
that keep thor from feeling out of place.

I actually was really amazed at the color palette of this movie and the fact it was a dimension jumping film and I typically always hate dimension or time warp style properties. Yt this one gave simple setups and fixes and did not take it self to seriously when it could have. Just an excellent film and I had more fun watching this than guardians 2.

Art Barr

They didn't go to any different dimensions, they were just going to different planets in different parts of the Universe.

The only MCU films that acknowledge or deal with different dimensions are Ant-Man and Dr Strange.