Official The Walking Dead: Season 3 Thread

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everything non-Merle in this episode annoyed the hell out of me.
I still say that having Rick seriously contemplating the Governor's Michonne offer did nothing but make Rick look like a weak , wishy washy idiot and the show could have just as easily gotten to the same point (Merle and Michonne's little zombie adventure) without causing even more damage the character that is supposed to be the lead "hero" of the piece. And even his coming to his senses was done in a way that reinforced the weaker aspects of Rick's character.
The only saving grace of Rick's taking back the proclamation of the "Rictatorship" was the way Carl lowered his head like "my dad is such a confused p*ssy" when Rick told the group about how he was considering giving Michonne to The Governor.

But the Merle stuff overcame all of the Rick and Maggie/Glenn nonsense. Michael Rooker was great as always and this episode gave us more of a glimpse into who Michonne is than any other episode so far even the one where she went on a road trip with Rick and Carl.

And Darryl finding Zombie Merle was sad as fukk.

Nah, hell nah. Rick's entire character is based on catching Ls and making some of the hardest decisions. That's what makes Rick, Rick - in the comics and the show.

What would you do if you were in Rick's shoes? Take a chance and give up Michone, especially after Merle told you what he would do to her or stay and fight?

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
yeah, pretty much. it's happened ever since the original show runner left. which leads me to believe he had a loyal crew that's purposely leaking shyt. happened with shanes death and sophias death as well.

word. thanks for clearing that up breh :salute: i didn't know other deaths leaked before

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
I felt for Daryl mayne

:to:

but Merle definitely redeemed himself, dude was literally a second away from killing the Governor but that stupid ass lil kid got in the way at the last min

Merle gained alot of respect from me this episode. RIP my dude

I'll play Walking Dead Survival Instincts video game in your memory

:salute:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Actually had some good writing tonight...these scenes between Michonne and Meryl pretty much redeemed both characters. Meryl proves that somewhere, he did have a heart. Michonne actually TALKED a lot for once, in a NORMAL fukking voice, and she was dropping KNOWLEDGE.

You know the writing team put in work when they have me cheering on that cac. Was that Motorhead on the radio....:mjpls: :russ:

And while Rick may have come off as a p*ssy...I don't necessarily think he was out of character. It seems like a common theme for him is that he has a hard time balancing what is morally right against what is logistically right. Same thing with the kid in the barn in Season 2....Carl was sitting there like "Yo, Merc this nicca pops" and Rick just couldn't pull the trigger.

Daryl's acting >>>

"And Shepard's we shall be, for thee my lord for thee...."....:salute:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
The only saving grace of Rick's taking back the proclamation of the "Rictatorship" was the way Carl lowered his head like "my dad is such a confused p*ssy" when Rick told the group about how he was considering giving Michonne to The Governor.

Carl STAYS disgusted with his pops. He's probably hoping that he and Asskicker are Shane's kid....:lolbron:

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
This episode was :yeshrug:

People are really easy to please with this show. All that Rick/Glen stuff was filler. Probably due to budget and showrunner issues. Problem is there was no conflict or tension in those scenes. They were like deleted scenes you'd watch on a DVD.

However, even with its missteps, its still better than a lot of crap currently airing. It's entertaining but the show is getting kinda repetitive and predictable. Besides a character suddenly dying or a character becoming a zombie, what other surprises can the writers pull put of their bag? New writers characters and better internal group conflicts may help. Easier said than done though.

Creator of scifi/action series OSIRIS. OsirisTheSeries.com Get Some.

vdhp.gif

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I rolled my eyes a bit when Glenn was going to propose

Aww, poor Daryl. It's for the best, but that was heartbreaking.

I knew once it became clear that Merle wasn't trying to pretend he was acting on Rick's orders when he abducted Michonne that he was going to back out of it, but I really enjoyed watching he and Michonne together as he came to that decision. It built of Michonne's recent growth and it added some depth to Merle that wasn't at all inconsistent with what we knew of him. Ultimately, he was a small-time assh0le, who wasn't good for much except hurting people. Good of him to put that to use for a good cause in the end.