Official The Walking Dead: Season 3 Thread

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding

I'm saying though....the tyrese we expected wouldn't have taken ricks shyt

Right, cause if he came at Rick in that scene, he would have been killed with the quickness. Get real.

Tyrese is a bad ass no doubt but he was not in a position to do anything there. If anything, he should have waited til things calmed down and Rick was more rationale because clearly the majority of the group wanted them to stay.

Ill be very disappointed if Tyrese doesn't end up on Rick's side in this war.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not that... It's just some of the characters are written terribly...

We are supposed to feel bad for Rick going crazy cause he lost his wife but Carl lost his mom too and had to shoot him. Carol lost her daughter and husband. Hershel lost his wife and Son. Everybody has lost people.

Also, you have Andrea (whose character has been written the worst by far, especially this season) defending the people of Woodbury as good people yet they've really done nothing to indicate they are. They wanted Darryl and Merle to kill each other plus they go to gladiator fights with the zombies. Them wanting to leave Woodbury after the attack yet the night before they had no problem hoping to watch Merle and Darryl murdered. As far as Andrea goes, her ditching Michonne who saved her life and protected her to stay with the governor who she loves yet she knows he called a hit of Michonne, tried to kill her friends, and has a flipping trophy case of decapitated heads in fish tanks is completely stupid.

Tyrese basically being a bytch...

This season has really been destructive to the shows long term plan and the show runner deserves to be fired.

Have you ever watched tv before ?? Some of your faulty points are based completely off the comics when you need to accept it as a completely different medium :ufdup: you guys completely ignoring all the criticism twd comic got and still gets . Its slow , repetitive etc
I believe your the same guy as before who didn't understand how the leader has more stress than another team member :usure: Rick went crazy in the comics when his wife and baby die , he goes crazy now when his wife dies why are you complaining ?
Andreas character is annoying but pretty consistent with her show portrayal . She's been selfish and annoying since the moment she let her sister animate before shooting her and got mad at dale for saving her from the CDC .

Tyrese is trying to keep his sister alive . He said he'd do what he needs too to stay big deal did you want him to punch the governor in his face and take over ?

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Have you ever watched tv before ?? Some of your faulty points are based completely off the comics when you need to accept it as a completely different medium :ufdup: you guys completely ignoring all the criticism twd comic got and still gets . Its slow , repetitive etc
I believe your the same guy as before who didn't understand how the leader has more stress than another team member :usure: Rick went crazy in the comics when his wife and baby die , he goes crazy now when his wife dies why are you complaining ?
Andreas character is annoying but pretty consistent with her show portrayal . She's been selfish and annoying since the moment she let her sister animate before shooting her and got mad at dale for saving her from the CDC .

Tyrese is trying to keep his sister alive . He said he'd do what he needs too to stay big deal did you want him to punch the governor in his face and take over ?

I understand tyrese's perspective with the situation the writers have put him in and I don't mind that they don't follow the comics exactly but there are plotholes and character development issues that could have been handled better. Like I said, as long as Tyrese ends up a good guy alongside Rick, ill be happy.

We can go back and forth all day about this but I feel strongly that there are several things in season 3 that have hurt the show

Michonne and Andrea are the big fukkups in my opinion, Andrea should not be this unlikable... Michonne is supposed to be a much more prominent character, although the next episode appears to indicate maybe things will change with that...

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:russ: At this bullshyt show.

The back n forth between the Prison & Woodbury is wack as fukk. Nobody cares about that lil nerd fukk or The Governor putting his Captain Hook eye patch on.

These nikkas treated Andrea like the enemy for like 20 mins only to let her leave with a damn Car (Yea we can spare it, can you??? :wtf )

Michonne still comes off like an unlikable black bytch (I'm starting to think this is intentional)

You got one legged Pastor Herschel tryna have a heart to heart w/ Meryl who was conveniently subdued this episode. Not a single line of comedic racism this whole episode

What takes the cake is Tyrese and his folks going to Woodbury and joining up with them :lol talk about lazy bullshyt writing

That song at the end.....WHAT THEEEEEE Mcfukk was that?!?! they wasted like 3 mins w/ that lil bytches yoddling :lol fukk You AMC :fu

They have RUINED the Prison arc. Idk how many episodes are left but this shyt needs to end ASAP. Sad thing is this was arguably the best arc of the comics. So if they botched this what hope do we have going forward? :doh:smh
pretty much...

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It fails because Woodbury doesn't matter.

In the comics, Woodbury wasn't a town. I mean, it was literally, but in the comics Woodbury was just an alliteration for The Governor. Woodbury was that town where the Governor lived and it was NEVER focused on. Woodbury was just the enemy and we never had to deal with any of its stupid residents, save for a few cronies here and there. We saw the Woodbury army attacking the prison twice, we saw the zombie arena, but that was it. There was practically no Woodbury in the comics and that worked, because you always got the feeling the Prison was fighting this mythical enemy. The group never knew what they were up against, they didn't know how big Woodbury was, the people in it. Robert Kirkman keeping Woodbury away in the dark made things so much more exciting, because the audience didn't know what the prison was up against. It was just like, "well, Woodbury could be 10 people, or it could be 100 people, or 1,000 people." We never knew what Woodbury was hiding, and that made it all the more exciting and intriguing.

And it also gave Kirkman a chance to finally TRULY develop ALL the characters and bring them to their true selves.

Woodbury doesn't work on the show because the show has tried to humanize Woodbury and I'm sorry, I don't care about Woodbury's humanization. I don't care about Milton, Karen, Haley, Tom (or whatever the asthma kid's name was). These people are just wasting my time. I feel like the writers just use them as filler. Don't give me Milton if you're not going to develop him and he's just gonna say some lines here and there.

It's kind of ironic that the ONLY Comic Woodbury resident that actually mattered and became important to the prison, Alice, was never introduced to the show. Having Alice would be SO MUCH better than having to deal with the constant stream of Woodbury residents that no one gives a shyt about.

Woodbury feels like a cop out, like Mazzara just didn't have enough material for the prison, so he needed to introduce this other universe to fill in the gaps. I can just picture the writer's room:

Writer 1: Oh, shyt, guys. Why is Merle at the prison? Why would the prison accept Merle? I feel like we should explore this.
Writer 2: We still have 18 minutes to cover.
Mazzara: Hmmm.... Well, Merle needs to be at the prison because of reasons.
Writer 1: .... Glen, it just doesn't make any sense that--
Mazzara: Just cut to a Woodbury resident.
Writer 3: What?
Writer 2: Who?
Mazzara: That one... with the dark hair.
Writer 1: ... Who are we talking about?
Writer 3: You mean Penny?
Writer 4: Dude, Penny's a walker.
Writer 2: Glen, we killed Haley and we can't give Martinez any humanity because character depth is just not our thing, remember?
Mazzara: Hmm. Okay, easy. Just give Karen some lines.
Writer 1: ...What?
Writer 2: Who the fukk is Karen?
Writer 3: Don't you mean Haley?
Writer 1: No, we just killed Haley.
Writer 4: Who the fukk is Haley? We have a character named Haley?
Mazzara: Just give some lines to Karen.
Writer 2: Glen... who's Karen?
Mazzara: She's in Woodbury, okay? She's just like... a girl in Woodbury. Do I have to do all the thinking?
Writer 1: ...
Writer 2: ...
Writer 3: ...
Writer 4: ...Glen, can you just explain what it is you want us to do?
Mazzara: LOL look guys. I got a rubber pencil going on here.

:dead:

Daps
Reppin
St louis
name a movie that was better than the comic.....I'll wait.
point is as a stand alone show (with out a comic to hold it against)
it's still one of the greatest shows to date.

some of you cats could be handed 1000$ free and go.
why didnt you give me 1001$:ohhh:

a0yqua.jpg

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
name a movie that was better than the comic.....I'll wait.
point is as a stand alone show (with out a comic to hold it against)
it's still one of the greatest shows to date.

some of you cats could be handed 1000$ free and go.
why didnt you give me 1001$:ohhh:

a0yqua.jpg

Got to disagree with you on that one. This is nowhere near The Shield, Breaking Bad, The Wire, Game of Thrones, or Sopranos level of television. If anything it's reminding me more of the fall off of Heroes.

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
ya needa stop having high expectations, just let it be what it is. If you don't enjoy it, cool, but fukk outta here with that crybaby shyt.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Man I hope the lighting is better in the scene that zombie shows up in becuase all brightened up like that it looks as shytty as the Swamp Thing movie costume/makeup.