Official The Suicide Squad Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Haven't the last run of DC movies been pretty much free of interference from the suit at WB?

James Wan made the Aquaman movie he wanted.
Patty Jenkins made the movie she wanted with WW84.
Sandberg made the Shazam movie he wanted.
Cathy Yan pretty much had final say on the Birds of Prey movie.

I don't think the "Studio Interference" claim can be made about any of the movies post Justice League.
All those movies sucked to me outside of Shazam

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Does DCEU not have a Vision head in the same manner MCU has Fiege?
The decision was made to let directors make the film they envisioned after the last big reshuffling of executives at the top of WB studios.

So instead of their movies being managed by one guy's vision for what he wants like the MCU does with Fiege; over at WB the DC movies are more director focused films and the idea of an "Extended Universe" is basically there if the folks making the movie want to utilize it but it's not something that is being forced on them while they are making their movies.

This is basically what's going on with DC movie:

1. Some films occur in their own universe (Joker)
2. Some films occur in the shared universe where the heroes exist and interact with/reference one another (Birds of Prey/Shazam)
3. Some occur in that shared universe but only focus on the character the movie is about (Aquaman/WW84).

This Suicide Squad film is an instance of #2.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
FB-IMG-1616934819891.jpg

The last team of executives got fired Lol but I can see why fans would ask that. :russ: