Official The Suicide Squad Thread

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
:russ: Because when he gave us the Batman vs Superman movie that lived up to its hype.
He was working with Joe Manganiello and the Ideas they came up with that he's been sharing lately are all spot on.

Plus It's deathstroke, he's not that complex of a character to nail like superman and batman. (Well not all the time) The fact that they were using the Arkham Origins fight as the basis for their ideas is a sign they were headed in the right direction.

mtg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was working with Joe Manganiello and the Ideas they came up with that he's been sharing lately are all spot on.

Plus It's deathstroke, he's not that complex of a character to nail like superman and batman. (Well not all the time) The fact that they were using the Arkham Origins fight as the basis for their ideas is a sign they were headed in the right direction.

Ok I just really don’t understand this fascination with Snyder they’re so many directors I would rather give a shot to direct. Also it’s pretty obvious what Snyder’s strengths and weaknesses are so wanting him to be in charge of the story telling for the whole dceu as there version of feige and to direct is crazy. If Warner really wants to create the dceu to rival mcu then they need to get someone who’s job it is just to run it; someone who understands dc to its core( not Geoff Johns) Although it seems like the Warner president is fine with letting people do whatever they want with their dc licensing and isn’t concerned with having an extended universe thats cohesive .

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Ok I just really don’t understand this fascination with Snyder they’re so many directors I would rather give a shot to direct. Also it’s pretty obvious what Snyder’s strengths and weaknesses are so wanting him to be in charge of the story telling for the whole dceu as there version of feige and to direct is crazy. If Warner really wants to create the dceu to rival mcu then they need to get someone who’s job it is just to run it; someone who understands dc to its core( not Geoff Johns) Although it seems like the Warner president is fine with letting people do whatever they want with their dc licensing and isn’t concerned with having an extended universe thats cohesive .
Simple, he has a unique vision, artistic reverence for mythological characters, and covers comics that other creators wouldn't. That's why we want him on HBOMax, NOT WB. It's a good place for auteur style mature CBMs. Let WB do stuff more mainstream for example, The Suicide Squad; cheesy, goofy, vibrant. Etc.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
and snyder's vision... is just not great. :manny:

mtg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Simple, he has a unique vision, artistic reverence for mythological characters, and covers comics that other creators wouldn't. That's why we want him on HBOMax, NOT WB. It's a good place for auteur style mature CBMs. Let WB do stuff more mainstream for example, The Suicide Squad; cheesy, goofy, vibrant. Etc.
I just disagree I wouldn’t want him anywhere near their lesser known comics i like, it would be pretty upsetting if he got ahold of animal man, 7 soldiers or really anything that’s gaiman adjacent. I saw what he did with lesser known when he did the watchmen and then I saw what he did with heroes everyone knows I just think we fundamentally disagree about what kind of director Snyder is.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Zack is artsy mythological and fantasy narratives. Marvel is comedy action with a heart. I think he himself said he never tried to rival them. Theyre two totally different approaches. In fact, he said they Are the best, and that they (dceu) are dumb to try and compete. WB are the ones trying to beat them at their own game.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
Zack is artsy mythological and fantasy narratives. Marvel is comedy action with a heart. I think he himself said he never tried to rival them. Theyre two totally different approaches. In fact, he said they Are the best, and that they (dceu) are dumb to try and compete. WB are the ones trying to beat them at their own game.

We get the intent, the execution is shyt

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!

I was really looking forward to see Deathstroke so it really hurts the Snyderverse might get the kibosh. :francis:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
This looks like it’s gonna be a lot of fun.

Part of me wishes they’d rate it PG-13 to maximize the potential audience, but whatever.

John Cena will undoubtedly surpass The Rock in terms of film resumes with this one. He’s already had a better career IMO, but this one (and the stuff that’ll come after as this character) will end the conversation.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
FB-IMG-1616934819891.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Haven't the last run of DC movies been pretty much free of interference from the suit at WB?

James Wan made the Aquaman movie he wanted.
Patty Jenkins made the movie she wanted with WW84.
Sandberg made the Shazam movie he wanted.
Cathy Yan pretty much had final say on the Birds of Prey movie.

I don't think the "Studio Interference" claim can be made about any of the movies post Justice League.