Official The Many Saints of Newark Thread

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished watching the movie. I liked it if you're a huge The Sopranos fan.

There are some references from the Sopranos seasons which is I'm glad they did. Uncle Junior's famous lines :deadrose:

The trailer did trick me cause there's one scene had me wtf :dahell:

I was so surprised they did well with black characters :leon:. I know there are gonna be a lot of white folks don't like it.

James' son Michael did great job for playing "Tony" and he studied his father so well and mannerism so well. Lol at Silvio and Paulie especially Silvio. You will see...:mjlol:

At the end had me :ohhh:

When the music hit at credit started rolling had me :mjcry:

Edited: Forgot to mentioned. David Chase pulled himself Alfred Hitchcock in one scene if you caught him.

Last edited:

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
This felt like getting my dikk sucked until I was 10 seconds from cumming and the chick just gets up and leaves.

So anti-climactic in so many ways, they set up so much stuff that really just needed more time, it definitely should’ve been a mini series. It felt like an outline for a 2-3 season series stuffed into two hours

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
#LWO
If you're a Sopranos stan you'll love this. It's a damn shame we didn't get the scene.

Edie Falco, 58, whose performance as Carmela Soprano on “The Sopranos” earned her countless awards, was supposed to open the upcoming prequel movie, “The Many Saints of Newark,” which debuts on HBO and in theaters Oct. 1.

Edie Falco had scene cut from 'Many Saints of Newark'
Christopher being the narrator from hell :wow:

Uncle June was the one who took out dikkie not a dirty cop :mindblown:

Last edited:

Nino Soprano

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bmore
As a Sopranos stan,
Good movie but i was kinda disappointed…feeling a lil letdown…maybe my expectations were too high lol..

while watching it, i had a feeling Junior was gonna get dikkie murked, u can see the jealousy building up….but i thought Tony would somehow find out or witness it…cuz in Sopranos, they kinda made it seem like Tony was misleading Chrissy…or maybe June had that cop do the hit…who knows…

but i was happy how they did Harold…he was a real one, went to war with them straight up!

I didn’t know Sil was that much older than Tony…i thought they came up together….nice Carmela sighting….Livia was played perfectly lol…I wasn’t expecting dikkie to kill his pops either….nice twist with the twin uncle….Ima watch again later to catch lil small shyt i missed….7/10

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
:mjpls: I see a lot of those people aren’t happy with one scene. And the focus on Harold and the black side of things. But when we were portrayed as bumbling caricatures on The Sopranos it was all good.

And I don’t like how they did Uncle Junior:mjcry:. He was one of the funniest characters in the main series. On here you don’t see any of that and he’s a weirdo.

Overall I’d give it a 6.5 or 7/10.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Worst movie I ever seen in my life. Awful pacing, no structure, and worse of all ZERO quotables.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you're a Sopranos stan you'll love this. It's a damn shame we didn't get the scene.

Christopher being the narrator from hell :wow:

Uncle June was the one who took our dikkie not a dirty cop :mindblown:

That's explain when an old lady explained to Tony at the dinner scene when Christopher as a baby was crying.

Carmela is in there, where the photo booth scene, Tony tried to call Uncle Dikkie.

:wow: Uncle Junoir was always jealous

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
:mjpls: I see a lot of those people aren’t happy with one scene. And the focus on Harold and the black side of things. But when we were portrayed as bumbling caricatures on The Sopranos it was all good.

And I don’t like how they did Uncle Junior:mjcry:. He was one of the funniest characters in the main series. On here you don’t see any of that and he’s a weirdo.

Overall I’d give it a 6.5 or 7/10.
Give me examples of black people being portrayed as “bumbling caricatures” on the show please

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
:comeon:

uhhhh take your pic...

I'm not gonna post more examples cos you just gonna :cape:regardless :rudy:

How are these caricatures nikka these dudes are killers. If they was in POWER would you be sayin this shyt?

Clowns don’t even have knowledge of themselves and are straight savages but think they experts on blackness