Official The Many Saints of Newark Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw this last night as it’s out over here in the Uk

if you’re a Sopranos fan you will like it.

if you’re not….:mjcry:

There were multiple Easter eggs and call backs to the show that my audience clearly didn’t get as they simply didn’t react. The movie does a great job of pointing things out that are prominent and that you should recognize but not in a forced way.

The casting was superb, they knocked it out the park with both look and mannerisms

The run time is long but you don’t notice it at all. I am a Sopranos Stan though so maybe that’s why I enjoyed it so much. My friend who wasn’t that into the Sopranos was disappointed.

The only flaw for me was the clear age discrepancies - that aside I thought it was dope. A must watch for all Sopranos fans

HomieSoprano

Whattaya hear, whattaya say?
Daps
Reppin
Northeast Ohio
Gonna be a great weekend. Seeing this on Friday then going to the Conversation with The Sopranos live show Saturday

tony-soprano-tony-and-piocosta.gif

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Saw this yesterday. You won't get some of the references if you never seen The Sopranos, but 95% of the people going to see it would be fans of the show anyway. Trailers have a way of fooling people lol. It wasn't what I expected but I'm not gonna elaborate on that.

dikkie Moltisanti is an animal. :picard: Christopher is definitely a chip off the old block.

A little surprise at the end will have you :ohhh:

It was cool, but I was a bit underwhelmed to be honest. At least the black characters weren't buffoons and clowns like in the series and it didn't go too overboard with the :mjpls: like I was expecting. In fact, there's one scene a lot of eye-talians won't like. :mjgrin:

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Saw this yesterday. You won't get some of the references if you never seen The Sopranos, but 95% of the people going to see it would be fans of the show anyway. Trailers have a way of fooling people lol. It wasn't what I expected but I'm not gonna elaborate on that.

dikkie Moltisanti is an animal. :picard: Christopher is definitely a chip off the old block.

A little surprise at the end will have you :ohhh:

It was cool, but I was a bit underwhelmed to be honest. At least the black characters weren't buffoons and clowns like in the series and it didn't go too overboard with the :mjpls: like I was expecting. In fact, there's one scene a lot of eye-talians won't like. :mjgrin:
What did you think of the actors' performances? Who stood out the most, who didn't do well enough?

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
What did you think of the actors' performances? Who stood out the most, who didn't do well enough?

Gandolfini's kid did good, dude who played dikkie, Vera Farmiga as his mother and dude who played a younger Silvio especially was SPOT ON with the mannerisms and facial expressions (actor looked much older than the younger cast). The guys who played the younger dad and uncle Junior were OK but I preferred the ones from the series.

The main black actor who played Harold was good. He reminds me of the gangsters in Godfather of Harlem....he wasn't taking any shyt from cacs and stood up to them. I'm glad he wasn't some goofball pushover who kept taking Ls.