Official The Irishman Thread

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Only made it an hour in. shyt is just ok so far. The cgi shyt looks weird, don't like it. Gonna try and finish it tonight but so far the movie is just ok.
After 5 minutes I don't even notice it

I'm more bothered by their old ass flabby n sick faces when it jumps to present time

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Joe pesci is such a natural fukking actor

Idk why he didnt do more movies
He seems like a fukkin nut. And singing seemed to be his passion. Plus I can see him being tired of playing a gangster all the time. I'd like to see him in a comedy again.

That prison scene was depressing as fukk.

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
Lol it’s still hard to take that cgi shyt serious

I mean we KNOW what Bob DeNiro and Al looked like at 50

heat.jpg

Heat-La-premiere-rencontre-entre-Al-Pacino-et-Robert-De-Niro.jpg

Oville

Pro
Daps
:trash:

Good performances and cinematography, but as a movie this shyt did not work, never mind for 3.5 hours :dahell:

They telegraphed everything to the point that there was zero suspense. None of the hits had any tension whatsoever and Frank had no story problem/dilemma throughout the entire first half of the movie. Somehow his family/Peggy subplot was left underdeveloped in 3.5 hours... All these hints that Peggy knows exactly what her Dad does for a living and she NEVER confronts him or her mother about it once :mindblown: Are we really supposed to believe that his wife made no attempt to figure out who Russell was?

TBR none of the main characters in this film have an actual dilemma. Jimmy Hoffa has a story problem w/ the FBI and the Mob but without seeing the rise of the Teamsters/his rise to being a union leader, it's pretty hollow to anchor a 3.5 hour movie.

The whole film seems to be going for an "undramatized" interpretation of the source material but far too many of the moments it chooses to focus on are asinine. That whole award ceremony scene was literally restating everything that had already been covered in the previous sequence (Hoffa's pissing off the wrong people in the Mob) and added no new information whatsoever other than showing that Russell cared enough about Hoffa to personally try to talk some sense into him before the inevitable. It dragged on for 10 whole minutes and nothing remotely interesting nor suspenseful happened :shaq2:

From the POV that we see an entire crew of mobsters and affiliates throw their lives away/get wacked over frivolous shyt, the movie has some interesting commentary about the futility of building up your legacy in the underworld. That being said...

This is a 5/10 movie with great dialogue, cinematography and a great cast. The screenplay and editing/pacing really are that bad.

Don't think I'd give it a 5/10 but I have more or less the same issues with the film.