Official The Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor Thread

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
This show man.....

I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of someone literally breaking through my bedroom door. Like how a SWAT team uses an enforcer to raid a household.

......the door was shut. Nobody had came in....I even got up to check to see if anyone was in the hallway. Everybody else was asleep.:heh: This shyt happened at around 2am. :merchant:

So now I'm up and can't fall back asleep. I get on the phone to call my bank and get put on hold. Out of nowhere I hear the sound of someone breathing heavily (this shyt rivaled Tony Soprano's) in and out on some slasher flick shyt. This nikka would NOT STOP! I hung up and called back. I threw my hahas in to the operator afterwards, telling her what a nice stunt that was considering Halloween is right around the corner.

.....she tells me she has no clue what I'm talking about and that she'll report it to her security team. Now I'm fukking spooked. :damn:
:gucci:

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
after episode 5 im convinced this is just childhood trauma

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Mr. Smiley.
iRJcmUJ.gif

Episode 1 and 2 were ok but episode 3 was dope as fukk. Gonna continue tomorrow.

Fred.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Flanagan is low key on a nice run here. I know not everyone has liked all of his stuff, but i've seen like 90% of it and enjoyed it all. Props to him for wifing up Theo in real life lol. That dude AND Carla Gugino's husband both get my salute lol.

As for the series itself, I thought it was masterful, man. Some people think horror is trash if it doesn't "scare" them in the way they're looking for. And this didn't really scare me, but the human drama mixed with the terror and being unsettled were virtually perfect.

I will say that I wasn't really feeling the final episode. The events and what was revealed about the house and a few other things were all dope as fukk. But the dialogue felt overly verbose and just went on too long in parts. I did check out the same explanation video that was linked in here and got a lot out of it. I'll probably rewatch the ep since a breh was sleepy at the time.
I felt this way exactly. Guess I’m so used to horro being cheesy and open ended the finale left me with too much closure. And the ongoing monologues from Steve’s wife and Nellie were a bit overkill. But overall I really enjoyed the series.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Breh the sisters look like they could be sisters in real life :gucci: especially in that background photo of the cast before you start an episode

Casting director needs a raise :heh:
I’m most impressed with how similar the oldest three looked to their adults selves, even funny shaped face Shirley

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Not gonna read the thread because of spoilers. But I’m on episode 6, I’m loving this series so far. I wasn’t paying attention to episode one so I’ll have to revisit to see why Steve doesn’t believe/how he missed everything.

But fukk, I feel bad for Nellie and Luke. They’re lives were forever ruined by their haunting

They were the youngest, so they were the most susceptible to the spirits in the house whereas the older kids were more prone to think it was bullshyt. Plus, Olivia wanted to keep her two youngest children closer to her than the others. Nell got did extra dirty though :mjcry:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This show is fantastic, I have been watching it late and in the dark, not going to front getting to bed these last few nights have been annoying.
I’ve done the same, definitely had to turn on reruns of Martin or sportscenter and watch it for a few before going to sleep to wind down and clear my head of all that dread :russ: