Official The Expanse Thread

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I’ve had a few of my ppls tell me now that this should be my next show. Is it truly worth the time or is this on some CW low tier level quality drama ?

I just don’t wanna waste my time
season 1 is overall average and a lot of world building. season 2 is good, season 3 is awesome - hasn't come down since really

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
One of the most powerful things about Naomi this ep was how she was beating up herself at her lowest point for actions she took, not even realizing how much the deck was stacked against her. That reveal with her buddy, that slap.

sometimes you gotta just burn the bridge and the ships fukk it

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I’ve had a few of my ppls tell me now that this should be my next show. Is it truly worth the time or is this on some CW low tier level quality drama ?

I just don’t wanna waste my time
:dahell: There's NOTHING remotely CW about this show.
Its almost the opposite, if that makes any sense. The first season bounces around between different characters in places millions of miles away from each other, so it takes a LONG time before you even realize which characters are the main characters and how the different stories of the different characters are connected to each other.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Little bit of a "Princess Leia with realistic physics but unrealistic biology", but I'll allow it.
I don't know, their science is legit. Apparently humans can stay alive in the vaccum of space for like 15 secs.... you'd need to avoid solar radiation, and pebble like debris flying 100mph of course. Your lungs would burst after a few secs too if they had any in them...thst gives you roughly 15 of oxygenated blood b4 you passout. The cold doesn't kill you right away because an objects heat doesn't diffuse (losses) as quickly in a vaccum as in an atmospheric space. Bleeding out for bursted eyes is the most immediate concern.

Naomi's face got burnt on the side that was facing the sun. She exhaled as the doors opened. That shot was full of oxygenated blood. Her eyes we beginning to bulge out her face. The books talked about the belters having a sense for space walks and zero movement.

If anything, old dude should've had enough time to close the doors before he died...unless he did exhale and his lungs blew up.

Ezra

Daps
The writers had a twitter thread on the science behind it. They claim it's legit and I trust them with the care theyve put into everything else.

One thing I do know is that weve been lied to by pop culture on how the body reacts to space. Where you instantly die and flash freeze or explode

They said he old dude(Cyn) was knocked uncounsious because he wasnt prepared. If no one comes and helps him in the next 2 minutes he's dead

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Man..... this show has so many dope low key details that ground it and makes it still feel real and logical.

Like it’s dope when they are communicating with each other..... when they are so far apart it’s like they have to send a message and it’s not instant, it takes minutes maybe hours to get to the receiver.