Official The Expanse Thread

Daps
I'm not a science head but I'll try to explain. The Epstein drive is a highly efficient and powerful engine that can keep thrusting until it runs out of fuel. It was what allowed spaceships to accelerate enough to simulate Earth gravity and higher which as you saw killed your breh Solomon Epstein.

This discovery shortened trips that would take several months to days/weeks and allowed mankind to go farther into space. Pretty neat because human body can't be in zero gravity for too long. It would be fukked up to go somewhere in space and your body gone to shyt when you've reached your destination.

But how did the rest of humanity find out about the drive if dude was never found?

Daps
"Madame, please :francis: this has been an exhausting discussion"

"I find it hard to believe that a martian marine could be fatigued from sitting in a chair"

:picard::picard::picard:

The writing level up from S1 to S2 has been MEAN :banderas:

edit: "Madame, where are you going with this :rudy:"

"WHEREEVER I GODDAMN LIKE :pacspit:"

:damn::damn::damn:

:banderas:

I thought I was the only one that loved that part

I watched that episode twice cause it was so good :banderas:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
But how did the rest of humanity find out about the drive if dude was never found?

He transmitted his data and specs to his home computer while he was in space. His GF found it and sold the data to Mars. They didn't need the ship but based on what he did on his flight they could build new drives.