Official The Expanse Thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The season came strong at the end, the ninth episode is great but some were pretty boring.

Too much time spent on that little outpost. The bad guy was a drag from the start.

The earth/politician side was really poor, when the secretary isn't with Holden, the character isn't worth it. Her husband was so bad.

Mars was a bit cliche.

Production values was insane sometimes but that lil outpost got really boring and the gravity well and some effects, not impressive.

I actually think this show and the Mandalorian have it backwards:
Mandalorian should have been the "Binge" watch show, and The Expanse should have been released week to week.

There's so much going on in The Expanse that you need a week in between episodes to discuss it and just figure out what's going on.
What I've been doing was alternating watching one episode of The Expanse and one episode of The Witcher. To be honest, up until episode 8 (when The Witcher ended) I was actually enjoying The Witcher more this year. I agree with the sentiment that they spent way too much time on the (gray, boring) planet. Reminded me too much of the most boring parts of Battlestar Galactica. But it really did get a lot better once Miller led them to the alien weapon to destroy the protomolecule.

I accidentally took a peek at S4 and yoooo this shyt looks crazy in 4K :ahh:
The first episode in 4K looked so good, it inspired me to delay watching the show until I could get an LG OLED TV.
Out of all shows, this is the PERFECT show to show off an OLED TV. There are so many scenes on ships in pitch black lit up by bright lights on the wall. TV's with backlights: :hhh:

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I just rewatched season 4 and Ashford’s character development was outstanding. When dude first appeared in season 3 I was like ah shyt they’ve gotta get this fake ass pirate outta here. But his comment that season about the importance of having OPA Navy uniforms to build a sense of togetherness stuck with me and it was great that they built on that.

I was suspicious of him until late in season 4 and that made me rewatch it because I knew I missed some things with his character. He made some mistakes (like trying to sacrifice the ship when they had other options) but he was ready to give his life for the good of the Belt.

He became my 3rd favorite character after Amos and Bobbie. I’ll miss him but his death scene was beautiful. Breh went out singing Belter songs and never begged for his life.

Sin Simma

Rich Rollin
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
^ I didn’t start Season 4 right away but came in here quick reading through this thread. Saw people’s reaction to a popular character death and because of a “Best of Amos” video tribute posted everywhere, I was pissed. Please not him. Spoiled myself and was so relieved that it wasn’t HOH Amos. Who cares if Ashford dies? Flash forward and I was furious after watching the finale. His character development was nothing short of remarkable. Loved everything about his character, and when you go back to S3, dude wasn’t bad then as well. He did exactly what Drummer co-signed him to do and she was cool with Holden and his crew.

Amos, Holden, Ashford, Miller, Ghazi, and Bobby are my favorite characters with 3 being deceased. I hope Bobby ends up on the crew in Season 5.

Last edited:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
SyFy had this show called “Incorporated” a few years ago that was dope, great world-building, interesting plot, but they scrapped it after just one season. I don’t understand their business model at all.
They pay too much attention to social media

thats why a show like Dark Matter gets cancelled but they keep Killjoys

its cause more people talked about Killjoys on social media

I think Dark Matter actually had slightly better ratings IIRC

they’ve been making bad decisions for years now

they’ve cancelled alot of shows that had loyal following

Stargate Universe
Dark Matter
The Expanse
Defiance
Happy!
Helix
Caprica
Incorporated

Only SyFy show I still watch is The Magicians and im a season behind on that

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Favorite characters: Amos, Bobby, and Ashford, especially Amos. Pragmatic people with good hearts:ehh:.
Least favorite characters: Naomi, Holden. and Camina (they are all too emotional and make emotional decisions). There are times when I've wanted to slap Naomi and/or Holden through the screen :hhh:.

Oh1one

Motherland funk
Daps
Reppin
Joburg
About to finish season 3. WTF is up with this ring storyline?:scust:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
"ay ay hold up..... its this man's last words :skip: let him finish :ohhh:"

*one monologue later where he calls everyone a bytch in the nicest way possible*

"#notguilty :lawd: "
"free my guy :wow: "
":mjpls: only an inner lover would convict him, bossman"

:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

Post deserves way more daps for the accuracy of how that scene played out

:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ: