Official The Expanse Thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm in the minority but Alex was one of my favorites, despite the forced accent. I was legitimately heated when he died, one of the GOAT deadbeats leaving video voicemails after leaving for milk on an interplanetary scale. :wow:

this was a disrespectful death…treated him like an afterthought…they ain’t even show muthafukkas claiming his body…I guess the stroke happened after they slowed down…I thought it would happen while in the process of speeding thru space…very uneventful death for an important character

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
this was a disrespectful death…treated him like an afterthought
off-set metoo shenanigans. and he did that shyt

this is a canadian production team too man. they can't afford some long drawn out bullshyt. they edited dude out and made that release date like nobody even needed to ask :mjlol: you can even see how they got him out the paint in post-show interviews they'd recorded. you'll see amos and holden's actors answer one question with a fresh shave then the follow up with the stubble coming in lol

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
off-set metoo shenanigans. and he did that shyt

this is a canadian production team too man. they can't afford some long drawn out bullshyt. they edited dude out and made that release date like nobody even needed to ask :mjlol: you can even see how they got him out the paint in post-show interviews they'd recorded. you'll see amos and holden's actors answer one question with a fresh shave then the follow up with the stubble coming in lol

oh shyt. :ohhh:

*edit*

this dude deserved an emmy cuz he played the neutered minority companion to a tee but was allegedly on demon time in real life

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
damn they even got this new nikka drinking out alex cup lmao
bu4fsqgmwog61.png

Daps
yes but he was still speaking to bobbie when she got to naomi…I’m confused…was he still just speeding thru space by himself while bobbie went to help her?

He and Bobbie were on the razorback. Bobbie spots "something falling off the ship" while it's spinning. The "something" is Naomi, which they discover when they zoom their sensors in. Alex reads her Belter sign language where she's telling them to stay away from the ship as it's rigged to blow. So Bobbie suits up in her marine armor and leaves the Razorback using her impulse jets on her armor (or whatever they're called in Expanse lore) to grab Naomi and hook up some oxygen to her suit before she suffocates. Alex stays in the ship while they're doing this and he even says he's not feeling so good off camera. After Bobbie grabs Naomi, she tells Alex to come get them (as they're far away from the other ship now where he can safely move in). Alex doesn't respond because at this point, he has stroked out and died. She keeps calling him and gets no answer. So she uses her impulse jets to get herself and Naomi back to the razorback where they discover that he's dead. The last part is shown offscreen.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He and Bobbie were on the razorback. Bobbie spots "something falling off the ship" while it's spinning. The "something" is Naomi, which they discover when they zoom their sensors in. Alex reads her Belter sign language where she's telling them to stay away from the ship as it's rigged to blow. So Bobbie suits up in her marine armor and leaves the Razorback using her impulse jets on her armor (or whatever they're called in Expanse lore) to grab Naomi and hook up some oxygen to her suit before she suffocates. Alex stays in the ship while they're doing this and he even says he's not feeling so good off camera. After Bobbie grabs Naomi, she tells Alex to come get them (as they're far away from the other ship now where he can safely move in). Alex doesn't respond because at this point, he has stroked out and died. She keeps calling him and gets no answer. So she uses her impulse jets to get herself and Naomi back to the razorback where they discover that he's dead. The last part is shown offscreen.

ok this is where I was lost at the bold…so his death was a result of the after effects once they were done speeding thru space