Official The Expanse Thread

Daps
He wouldn't even know about the protomolecule if he wasn't trying to go into business for himself after the Cant and the stealth tech :mjlol: which he also didn't help lol.

shyt, if he didn't get wrapped up with Miller then those scientists don't get aired out either. you can make a legit argument that holden made the universe worse every step of the way

eyeroll-the-rock.gif

He wasn't trying to go into business for himself. You revisionists trip me out. And don't get me wrong, on first watch, I didn't like Holden either. But after rewatching, I agree with what Amos said. Yeah he does some stupid stuff sometimes but then there's those times where he saved the whole human species so it evens out.

After the Cant was destroyed, Holden and the crew were trying to find safe harbor. Mars was after them, earth was after them. The only welcome port was Fred Johnson, which was Naomi's idea. Once they got to Fred's station, Fred told them about the hidden stealth ship that Julie Mao had sent the location of and he wanted to take the Roci to investigate.

Holden rightfully didn't give up his ship to Fred so he told him he would investigate instead. Once he was aboard the stealth ship, that pointed him in the direction of Eros. Which was good because nobody would have known what was going on with Eros if they weren't there cause nobody else escaped.

And if Holden and Miller hadn't made the decision to destroy Eros, then it would have been sitting there, a radioactive contagious rock with people visiting and getting infected and spreading the protomolecule throughout the galaxy.

At no point did Holden go into business for himself. His actions were literally the opposite of going into business for himself.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
…lets his belter gf's new homies commit warcrimes then covers it up…

that pissed me off tremendously when she was partly responsible for the other dude who he was committed to arresting

that being said I realized I don’t hate “holden” just the actor who plays him…this goes back to “magic city” tho…his smug dopey face pisses me off

Daps
that pissed me off tremendously when she was partly responsible for the other dude who he was committed to arresting

Yeah I can't even say nothing about that part which is why I didn't address it earlier. Ole girl was guilty as sin :pachaha:

Murtry wasn't wrong. Where he went wrong was deciding to kill Holden. Other than that, I was partly rooting for him. He was a likeable a$$hole. :mjlol:

One of my favorite parts tho is Holden walking up on him and punching him right in the face.

Oh and the part with him and Amos. Amos in the cut is a scary sight :lupe:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I can't even say nothing about that part which is why I didn't address it earlier. Ole girl was guilty as sin :pachaha:

Murtry wasn't wrong. Where he went wrong was deciding to kill Holden. Other than that, I was partly rooting for him. He was a likeable a$$hole. :mjlol:

One of my favorite parts tho is Holden walking up on him and punching him right in the face.

Oh and the part with him and Amos. Amos in the cut is a scary sight :lupe:

I didn’t like his character at all but I absolutely understand what motivated/pushed him over that edge

Daps
damn this nikka hit his mom :francis:

That scene right there made it where there's one person in my life I could never recommend this show to. I was excited on my last rewatch and I was thinking about getting this for him on blu ray or something until I got to that scene and I hit the :francis:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That scene right there made it where there's one person in my life I could never recommend this show to. I was excited on my last rewatch and I was thinking about getting this for him on blu ray or something until I got to that scene and I hit the :francis:

you think that scene would trigger that person into hitting his mom? :(