Official 'The Eternals' Thread

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Same besides Starfox, Sersei and Hercules I never heard of any of them.

And to make matters worse to get a better understanding of these obscure characters Disney is gonna put all the tie ins on the app.

So if yo ass was on the fence you gonna have to get that bytch. I mean I was gonna but damn.

Another damn app:francis:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I must confess to not knowing much at all about The Eternals.

What kind of tone should we expect here?

GOTG or more Star Wars-ish?
If they stay true to the comics then it would be closer to Star Wars in tone but Marvel being Marvel I would expect it to go the way of GOTG. Maybe more like Thor Ragnarok even.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
If they stay true to the comics then it would be closer to Star Wars in tone but Marvel being Marvel I would expect it to go the way of GOTG. Maybe more like Thor Ragnarok even.

I for one actually want a totally serious tone. Especially since this will likely lead to/explain X-Men.

I know Marvel adds humor. But I want for this to be more Winter Soldier than GOTG.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
They tryna score another Okoye with the "Karen" character. I wonder what character that actually is tho:jbhmm:

Moondragon?

And if the "male lead" is indeed Hercules, then i wonder if (1) they're going left field with the Karen pick as well and (2) does that mean, contrary to early reports, that Ikaris and Sersi aren't the leads?

Since no one knows (or ever cared much) about these characters they can really go any direction here

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Technically it should be more He-Man and Masters Of The Universe if anything, but they'll definitely move it closer to Star Wars/GotG.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Maybe a teaser to the real (not that Fox bullshyt :hhh:) Apocalypse on here? Like an Egypt reference?

Celestial technology shown being left in Egypt maybe?

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Angelina Jolie in Talks to Make Marvel Debut With 'The Eternals' (Exclusive)

Angelina Jolie is getting ready to make her first foray into the world of superhero movies.

The Oscar-winning actress is in talks to star in Marvel Studios' The Eternals, a superhero team adventure feature being directed by Chloe Zhao.

Jolie has chosen the Marvel project based on the Jack Kirby-created title about super-powered and near-immortal beings known as Eternals and a more monstrous off-shoot known as the Deviants that were created by the cosmic beings called Celestials.

While details about the movie are being kept under wraps, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that one aspect to the story involves the love story between Ikaris, a man fueled by cosmic energy, and Sersi, who relishes moving amongst humans. It is unclear who Jolie will play. Marvel had no comment.

Zhao, an award-winning indie director behind critical hits The Rider and Songs My Brothers Taught Me, will direct from a script by Matthew and Ryan Firpo.

Jolie is currently working with Marvel's parent company Disney on the upcoming Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, which was recently moved up to fall 2019 release from spring 2020, and on the animation/live-action hybrid The One and Only Ivan, which she is also producing. Jolie's upcoming projects also include Come Away, a fantasy drama from from Brenda Chapman.

:whoo: