Official 'The Eternals' Thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
sidenote - Game of Thrones actors are box office poison, especially when it comes to this type of genre.

look at all the big action/sci-fi/whatever movies they've been in. either the movie is pure shyt, or they were basically pure shyt in said movie...

Sophie Turner - Terrible XMen movies
Arya Whatsherface - New Mutants
Kit Harrington - Pompei, This
Robb Stark - This
Emilia Clarke - Terminator: The Forgotten, Solo
Jamie Lannister - that weird ass Egypt movie
Tall Chick - absolutely horrible character in Star Wars, but the ones she was in weren't terrible
Even the youngest Stark kid was in one of those completely forgettable End of Days movies. I think it was the one with the Rock. San Andreas?
Sam is about to be in Moonfall, which will undoubtedly be a piece of shyt.

The Dink was in a solid XMen movie. Cersi was in the underrated Dredd movie. I can't think of anyone else tbh. Sexy ass light skin girl latched on to the Fast movies, and even if those are dumb as fukk, they're huge, so good for her.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
sidenote - Game of Thrones actors are box office poison, especially when it comes to this type of genre.

look at all the big action/sci-fi/whatever movies they've been in. either the movie is pure shyt, or they were basically pure shyt in said movie...

Sophie Turner - Terrible XMen movies
Arya Whatsherface - New Mutants
Kit Harrington - Pompei, This
Robb Stark - This
Emilia Clarke - Terminator: The Forgotten, Solo
Jamie Lannister - that weird ass Egypt movie
Tall Chick - absolutely horrible character in Star Wars, but the ones she was in weren't terrible
Even the youngest Stark kid was in one of those completely forgettable End of Days movies. I think it was the one with the Rock. San Andreas?
Sam is about to be in Moonfall, which will undoubtedly be a piece of shyt.

The Dink was in a solid XMen movie. Cersi was in the underrated Dredd movie. I can't think of anyone else tbh. Sexy ass light skin girl latched on to the Fast movies, and even if those are dumb as fukk, they're huge, so good for her.

They are all good actors and actresses but when u are given shyt.. it's gonna be shyt..

Daps
I'm starting to think that brehs were right when they said that Marvel didn't really have a plan post Infinity Saga.

They wanted to make movies be disconnected now with no big Thanos buildup, but that was a huge part of the success.

I watched every single marvel movie no matter how bad I thought it was (I'm looking at you, captain marvel) because I knew it would connect to another movie that I want to see.

Now since the movies are disconnected, I bet you a lot of ppl are feeling like they don't have to do that.

I'm as much a marvel head as anyone here but I'm not excited by Marvel right now. I didn't want to admit it at first but Wandavision turned out to be a let down especially when they threw in the quicksilver swerve.

Falcon winter soldier was not good.

Loki was good ONLY because it has greater implications on the marvel universe.

Black widow would have been aight if it had been released between Civil War and Infinity war.

Whats If was cool.

Still haven't seen Shang Chi, will watch when it comes to Dplus.

And I guess I will catch Eternals when I catch up. I'm not excited about this at all.

Marvel is slipping up. They need to be connecting their movies and shows and building up to a big bad again as that was most of the magic. They're throwing away what made the MCU the MCU.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
They are all good actors and actresses but when u are given shyt.. it's gonna be shyt..
lot of good actors out there, maybe these people just don't have much on screen charisma. Emilia Clarke is terrible, imo. She's gonna be the main character in Secret Invasion too :scust:

maybe Marvel will make these people appealing outside of the fantasy middle ages. I have hope for Kit Harrington, b/c he was pretty funny in that Andy Samberg Tennis thing. Robb Stark has been boring in everything i've seen him in

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I'm starting to think that brehs were right when they said that Marvel didn't really have a plan post Infinity Saga.

They wanted to make movies be disconnected now with no big Thanos buildup, but that was a huge part of the success.

I watched every single marvel movie no matter how bad I thought it was (I'm looking at you, captain marvel) because I knew it would connect to another movie that I want to see.

Now since the movies are disconnected, I bet you a lot of ppl are feeling like they don't have to do that.

I'm as much a marvel head as anyone here but I'm not excited by Marvel right now. I didn't want to admit it at first but Wandavision turned out to be a let down especially when they threw in the quicksilver swerve.

Black widow would have been aight if it had been released between Civil War and Infinity war.

Whats If was cool.

And I guess I will catch Eternals when I catch up. I'm not excited about this at all.

Marvel is slipping up. They need to be connecting their movies and shows and building up to a big bad again as that was most of the magic. They're throwing away what made the MCU the MCU.

Eternals is connected into the fabric of the MCU.

Some story arcs are bigger than others. You want a mini series but in the comics some arcs took years and 10's of issues.

Let the story breathe and chill for a bit.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
lot of good actors out there, maybe these people just don't have much on screen charisma. Emilia Clarke is terrible, imo. She's gonna be the main character in Secret Invasion too :scust:

maybe Marvel will make these people appealing outside of the fantasy middle ages. I have hope for Kit Harrington, b/c he was pretty funny in that Andy Samberg Tennis thing. Robb Stark has been boring in everything i've seen him in
Richard Madden was good in that Bodyguard TV show and he was alright in that movie he made with Idris Elba.
I thought him being cast as Ikaris was odd because I was expecting them to get someone in the Hemsworth looks area for that role.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
When you did everything else you gotta try for new goals. I'm not mad since this seems regulated to this franchise. The upcoming slate doesn't have any Oscar bait type shyt.
Im going to give a fair chance.

It is odd that Feige really believed this was getting oscar love and now its the lowest rated film.:patrice:
MCU Head Half-Jokingly Predicts Eternals Will Win The Best Picture Oscar

I remember months ago Campea sayng Marvel execs couldnt believe what they had on their hands. Crazy

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Although to be fair there are a couple poorly rated DC movies that are better than most Marvel movies to me :hubie::sas2::mjgrin:

Chloe might have cult classic 5 years from now :banderas:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Whats If was cool.

They actually are all still connected :dahell:

Every new movie that dropped. Every tv show is all connected to something in the future, including black widow.

I’ve noticed that a lot of people who critique or review marvel projects are simply not in tune to so many call backs from previous movies and shows.

And I get that it’s a lot to digest. But people shouldn’t complain about a movie because they didn’t remember a reference in a movie from 4 years ago.

Daps
They actually are all still connected :dahell:

Every new movie that dropped. Every tv show is all connected to something in the future, including black widow.

I’ve noticed that a lot of people who critique or review marvel projects are simply not in tune to so many call backs from previous movies and shows.

And I get that it’s a lot to digest. But people shouldn’t complain about a movie because they didn’t remember a reference in a movie from 4 years ago.

You missed the crux of my point.

Is eternals connected to Kang?

Is Falcon and winter soldier connected to Kang?

I'm saying in previous movies, they were all leading up to Thanos. Every single movie.

Not so anymore.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps

Yo the CGI in this shyt is Syfy status :laff:

It's 2021 :mjtf:

Honestly a lot of marvel CGI is pretty awful. I still think Aquaman has the best superhero CGI I've seen. They somehow managed to make it look realistic and not like they were made of rubber or out of a video game. Then you look at the CGI in Justice league and batman v superman and its some of the worst I've ever seen. I don't get it