Official 'The Eternals' Thread

mtg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This has been my most anticipated marvel work this year. I’m interested in seeing this with Chloe Zhao other two movies I’ve seen(The Rider,Nomadland) she was extremely patient and subtle exploring her characters, both of those films the main character was going through internal strife while in conflict with their surroundings. I heard when marvel approached her she specifically wanted the Eternals property and I’m realistic and I know she still is going to have to marvel herself up a little but it would be a nice change of pace if it’s a quiet slow burn marvel movie instead of their balls to the wall style all their movies have.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I wonder how they will tie Kang into this cause anytime they paint someone as God Like powerful it's hard to care lol.
Probably will involve the beyonder somehow
I bet they may even try to stop the avengers from doing something

mtg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what's the name of the celestial being with the 6 eyes?!!?:patrice:

Eson the searcher is the name of the celestial with six eyes. I think at one point he had the power stone and he’s pretty ruthless. That being said for some reason I feel like this movie is going to take aspects of Neil Gaimons Eternals run where the main celestial was the dreaming celestial a celestial that was buried in the earth and forgotten for thousands of years.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Eson the searcher is the name of the celestial with six eyes. I think at one point he had the power stone and he’s pretty ruthless. That being said for some reason I feel like this movie is going to take aspects of Neil Gaimons Eternals run where the main celestial was the dreaming celestial a celestial that was buried in the earth and forgotten for thousands of years.
What's also interesting they are not going with the Gailman's story that they all foegot they were Eternals. It seems now they just know they can only operate a certain way or they will feel the wrath of Eson.
But yeah, could the emergence just be referring to the emergence of the the dreaming Celestial?

• Dap
Reactions: mtg

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder how they will tie Kang into this cause anytime they paint someone as God Like powerful it's hard to care lol.

i feel u but Kang is omniscient not omnipotent. A master manipulator but he aint going toe to toe with dudes like thanos and hulk. He goes find a weakness and exploits it and knows when to avoid shyt.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
i feel u but Kang is omniscient not omnipotent. A master manipulator but he aint going toe to toe with dudes like thanos and hulk. He goes find a weakness and exploits it and knows when to avoid shyt.
For context my thing is why should we care about this movie if it doesnt tie in to Kang and the big picture of this phase. If eternals are dealing with God Like beings i assume everything they deal with would be above the influence of a Kang

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
what's the name of the celestial being with the 6 eyes?!!?:patrice:

Looks like Eson the Searcher is from Guardians, and Arishem the Judge is the one in this trailer

mtg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's also interesting they are not going with the Gailman's story that they all foegot they were Eternals. It seems now they just know they can only operate a certain way or they will feel the wrath of Eson.
But yeah, could the emergence just be referring to the emergence of the the dreaming Celestial?
It feels like that would be the best way to introduce the celestials to the characters in the mcu but I haven’t heard of any cameos in this movie so who knows

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
You gotta hand it to Marvel, their brand is so strong.
So strong they can release a trailer lacking any personality, no interesting characters and looking utterly generic and people will still go and see it.
They put the work in I literally don’t think they can make anything look bad at this point