Official 'The Eternals' Thread

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Don't know a thing about the Eternals
Can you brehs recommend where to start?
They don't really have that many comics so it's easy to get into them

They have the original run by Jack kirby and a great run by Neil Gaiman and John Romita Jr in the 00's

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
Still not feeling a single member of this cast....iono bout this one brehs:scust:......except for my guy Paperpboi, Paperpboi, watch me make that paper boi!:dj2:
Lol and in his case in just glad he in it:yeshrug:

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps

What about Robert Stark and Jon Snow?[/QUOTE]....I never got into GOT:hubie:....im checkin it out now that its over tho:whoa:.....like i always do:mjgrin: and the Only Black Knight i know is that Racist, Puritan templar muhfukka that tried to invade Wakanda that one time:pacspit:

But i just have the feeling that because the characters are so niche even if i researched their entire history, Marvel just gonna reinvent them to suit the studio-storyline needs....Like they did with the GOTG. Since i like GOTG tho im not too mad at that, im skeptical because this might be the 1st Marvel joint where im going in completely blind lol

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Marvel Unveils First Eternals Footage at CCXP (Description)

On Saturday, Marvel played host to a massive panel at Brazil's CCXP event. It's one of the world's largest Comic Con events and pulled a crowd of thousands together for the first looks at the upcoming slate of films from Marvel Studios as Marvel's chief creative officer Kevin Feige rolled out image after image and clip after clip for 2020 titles. Among those titles was Eternals, the first appearance of Jack Kirby's characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the first footage to be shown in any forum outside of a Marvel Studios production. Those on hand were able to share details of the footage.

Feige did preface the footage by noting that the film is still in production and everything shown in Brazil was raw.

The footage opened with Richard Madden's Ikaris walking into the frame. "The footage included the Eternals meeting Druig (Barry Keoghan), the leader of their evil counterparts, the Devients," THR reports. Feige did preface the footage by noting that the film is still in production and everything shown in Brazil was raw. "There were silent shots of everyone in costume, a Kumail Nanjiani dance number and Salma Hayek on horseback. Hayek's Ajak says the Eternals must protect the world, to loud cheers from the audience."

Other shots in the footage included Salma Hayek's Ajax rising up to claim "these people have change us. We must protect them." Meanwhile, appearances from Angelina Jolie's Thena and Kumail Nanjiani's Kingo revealed their characters' costumes -- which had previously been shown in concept art form at Disney's D23 Expo. Some descriptions put Druig in a "training camp" of sorts, where he meets with the group that appears to be led by Madden's Ikaris. It appears to be a globe-trotting adventure and when all of the characters arrive in fully formed uniforms, Ajax is at forefront as a leader. Gemma Chan, who previously starred in Captain Marvel, is playing a new character in Eternals, portraying Sersi. The footage left her looking mysterious, interacting with Lia McHugh's Sprite.

Feige promised that Eternals will "redefine and change the MCU in Phase 4," as the film is the second title slated for the upcoming roster. It follows only Black Widow in theatrical releases, although The Falcon and The Winter Soldier will continue the Marvel Cinematic Universe's story on the small screen as a Disney+ series, also releasing before Eternals. Sources in attendance at CCXP tell ComicBook.com that the footage was "great."

Collider's Summary:

The footage began with a shot of Keoghan’s Druig walking out of a door straight into the assembled Eternals, all costumed up in their mythological-looking armor. From there, we got a tapestry of snippets that showed the various Eternals in different locations, showcasing the film’s diversity and international casting.

We got some gorgeous close-up shots of Jolie back in blonde, decked out in her white costume. In one shot, she grins — though we have no context why. We also caught a peak at Ajak in action and a sighting of some kind of monstrous army (the Deviants, or just another classic MCU monster army? TBD.)

We also saw what seems to be a romance between Chan’s Sersi and Madden’s Ikarus, holding hands in some sort of fountain-like structure and standing together in a field. We saw Hayek’s Ajak riding a horse in the countryside, heading towards an isolated farmhouse on the horizon. We saw Nanjiani’s Kingo, decked out in colorful garb and makeup, danging, surrounded by ensemble dancers in a seemingly Bollywood-inspired scene. We see Druig standing beside a giant temple in glowing orange light (there’s a lot of temple stuff in the footage, giving the whole thing an appropriately mythological feel.

Not much in the way of dialogue in this footage, but we did hear Hayek’s Ajak say, “These people have changed all of us. We must protect them,” before seeing the costumed heroes slowly take flight into the air. In the end, hieroglyph-marked glowing gold lines merge to form the Eternals logo.

Overall, Zhao’s camerawork looks absolutely stunning, rich with color and depth, and the costumes are a visual feast in their own right. As someone who’s very new to the mythology of The Eternals, this footage instantly caught my eye and got me immediately excited for the project, which looks visually more distinct than most MCU entries.

After the footage, Feige teased that Eternals is going to be “unlike anything you’ve ever seen before” and “What’s going to happen to redefine and change the MCU in Phase Four.”

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
MARVEL Diet:wow::picard:

EL7I-JPWwAE_Grh

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
"Kinda" off-topic
I read somewhere that DeadPool was gonna make his MCU debut in the next Doctor Strange.

:lupe: