Official The Boys Season 3 Thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not a comic book reader....but the spoilers I've read sound like absolute :trash: compared to the show.

I read it years back and enjoyed it at the time (I must’ve been going thru a phase or was just a lot younger)…tried reading it again after season 1 and the shyt was juvenile as hell to me…I’m surprised I ever enjoyed it…if I had actually remembered it being that sophomoric, then I wouldn’t have anticipated the show as much as I did…it had a lot of “white frat boy” humor…the show still has some but it’s been toned down a lot and for the better

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Random dikk shots and interracial relationships. Perfect representation of Hollywood in 2023.

A Train is the Kanye Kardashian of superheroes

Last edited:

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
This show better never fall off.
:wow:

They nailed the entire satire of current American society perfectly with this season. Flawless execution.
This right here! I don't know why I didn't get into this earlier even after having it recommended to me many times. Perfectly encapsulates the current political landscape in this country and accurately depicts what heroes would be like in the real world. SB and Homelander are two examples of what a real world Captain America and Superman would be like.

Edit: And LMFAO at a Nazi super villain being named "st0rmfr0nt"

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
I thought it was painfully obvious that Homelander is more of a threat than Soulja Boi. Especially if all the had to do was cool up some knockout gas to neutralize him. Now they gotta deal with SuperTrump

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I been binging this series all week and just wrapped up season 3. Starting out it was kinda "Okay cool, they're super heroes but they're really bad. Deadpool universe, etc"

and then the plot started warming up on me :jbhmm: by the second and third season especially, the social commentary is just brilliant :banderas: this is a solid, quality show