Official The Boys Season 1 Thread

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
I didn't really think about it until I read this, but I think the end of the last Watchmen episode pulled this season ahead of "The Boys".
Me too but ep6 made watchmen lose points. Since it's a episode longer I can see it edging out the boys for best show of the year :manny:

Burned Verses

Superstar
Daps
Good show, bad promo. That trailer made it come across like something they'd show on CW with more blood.

Still hype though.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
:leostare:

:wtb:

nikka...

Can we not with the semantics :comeon:
Not with Watchmen I can't.. I have always hated the okie doke they pulled with the movie. As someone who never read the novel, all everyone saw was the trailers. It was right after Ironman and Batman and Spiderman and all that. They marketed this shyt like superhero this, superhero that. The trailers were all the shots of them in their suits.. All in action mode, like they was doing big time damage. "Oh no... Someone is killing superheros"

Go to the movies and it's regular ass people, former cops and war heros... One superhero who really is just a god.. And all the action was about 2-3 fist fights... I'm guessing most people felt the same, duped... And that's why it got such bad feedback

Now today, I've since gone back and watched it, knowing what I know. When you expect a different spin or type of hero movie, then you can appreciate what was being done here. That continues on to the tv, which I feel is 10 times better than the movie. But again..............

I will never say Watchmen is a superhero nothing.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
^^^ in the movie many of them were clearly super beings...they were punching thru walls and shyt...as for the comics and TV series...dr. manhattan/ozymandias are enough for it to count as superhero lore

*edit*

and then you turn around and mention batman lol...if you didn’t like the movie due to the lack of action/fight scenes that’s a whole different thing...I don’t think that “disqualifies” it from being a superhero flick tho...it was just more nuanced than the usual blockbuster superhero flicks

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
^^^ in the movie many of them were clearly super beings...they were punching thru walls and shyt...as for the comics and TV series...dr. manhattan/ozymandias are enough for it to count as superhero lore

*edit*

and then you turn around and mention batman lol...if you didn’t like the movie due to the lack of action/fight scenes that’s a whole different thing...I don’t think that “disqualifies” it from being a superhero flick tho...it was just more nuanced than the usual blockbuster superhero flicks
That all goes into superhero for me.. I don't want to argue and derail the thread.. You're right, it is semantics. I just take superheros to mean super powered. I actually question if Batman is a superhero but anybody learning 100 martial arts and lifting 600 pounds is close enough

My real problem as I said, was the marketing. You see that trailer and see the synopsis and you think you're going to a totally other movie. I'm going in thinking these dudes got powers but it's R rated and it's gonna be all types of fukkery... What we got was a dissertation on American society and human behavior with dudes who were just ex cops and shyt

But like I said... I went back and watched it on it's own merit and it's lead me to the show and more