Official The Boys Season 1 Thread

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Finished it. Great shyt. :wow:

They didn't go overboard with the fukkery, but the moments it came on were great. :dead:

Sociopath Superman is the best character out of everyone. They really need to build up Butcher to be a babyface you need to root for. I wasn't feeling him at all, and the way he did his crew wasn't a good way to end season 1. :patrice:

A-Train actor was the weakest link. Dude's acting is meh. :ld:

I hope Katana gets more play in season 2. She gotta catch bodies. :ahh:

The twist Homelander revealed to Stillwell was :damn:

Very disappointed they got rid of that character in the last 15 minutes. There was plenty of potential.

Oh, and GMB. :mjgrin:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na

They didn't go overboard with the fukkery, but the moments it came on were great. :dead:

Sociopath Superman is the best character out of everyone. They really need to build up Butcher to be a babyface you need to root for. I wasn't feeling him at all, and the way he did his crew wasn't a good way to end season 1. :patrice:

Very disappointed they got rid of that character in the last 15 minutes. There was plenty of potential.

Man I wish they kept comic Stillwell
Would have been laughs every episode

I hope we still get him under a different name

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Man I wish they kept comic Stillwell
Would have been laughs every episode

I hope we still get him under a different name

I don't remember 98% about the comics. :dead:

All I can recall was Starlight's initiation and Herogasm fukkery. :dead:

Did Huey and Starlight meet on a park bench? That scene felt vaguely familiar. :patrice:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Butcher is always a b*stard he isn’t the babyface you root for . He’s just a hard man who gets shyt done but He lost his humanity just as bad Should be rooting for Huey .

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
I got myself familiar with the comics this week and Garth Ennis gotta be the most frustrating writer. I watch both shows based on his comics Preacher and The Boys and there are dope shyt in the comics but dude also can't help himself with the shock, gross out shyt.

Tek Knight their Batman parody who has a compulsion to fukk anything. Inanimate objects, team members, sidekicks, cats, meteors all included.
giphy.gif

Menstrual blood face mask after Huey went down on Starlight during her period
giphy.gif

Smoking Fetus ash laced joints with Queen Maeve's vaginal mucus
giphy.gif

Homelander is being blackmailed with pictures of him eating babies and engaging in other acts of cannibalism.
giphy.gif

Huey gets sexually assaulted and or raped by Black Noir for no reason
tenor.gif

Now I'm not hating on the comic there's obviously great shyt in it that I think they did better. While Stillwell looked bland I liked this version more he was on some Lex Luther, Amanda Waller type shyt where he wasn't afraid of the heroes. He was methodical, callous and in control. This is him after having The G-Men a Vought Superhero team that had nearly 60 members wiped out.

3281270-james%20stiwell%207.jpg

On the show Stillwell is much more vulnerable, a corporate business person who's main tool is manipulation and the worst things she does is coverups and Blackmailing senators. Stillwell in the comics is a killer and prefers to stay in his current position as he sees it as more advantageous the show purposefully subverts expectations with a lot of things. She was trying to climb the corporate ladder and not responsible for the death of the mayor and his son, making supe terrorists nor did she put Homelander up to it and in the end, admits to being in constant fear. In the comics Homelander is cautious and careful around Stilwell. Vought as a whole is a lot more menacing.

Billy Butcher was fukking supes up in the comics and they are shook of him but he hasn't been injected with any form of Compound V so maybe that'll happen next season and he'll be able to kill supes tougher than Mesmer other than that I like the changes he's much more likable on the show. The comic version had fanatical hate of supes and was just looking for a reason to fukk one up, the show version seems more reasonable.

The hero teams. Stillwell said they had over 200 heroes but the show seems tighter and focused on The Seven but I'd like to see Payback and Super Duper as well as the Herogasm.

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got myself familiar with the comics this week and Garth Ennis gotta be the most frustrating writer. I watch both shows based on his comics Preacher and The Boys and there are dope shyt in the comics but dude also can't help himself with the shock, gross out shyt.

Tek Knight their Batman parody who has a compulsion to fukk anything. Inanimate objects, team members, sidekicks, cats, meteors all included.
giphy.gif

Menstrual blood face mask after Huey went down on Starlight during her period
giphy.gif

Smoking Fetus ash laced joints with Queen Maeve's vaginal mucus
giphy.gif

Homelander is being blackmailed with pictures of him eating babies and engaging in other acts of cannibalism.
giphy.gif

Huey gets sexually assaulted and or raped by Black Noir for no reason
tenor.gif

Now I'm not hating on the comic there's obviously great shyt in it that I think they did better. While Stillwell looked bland I liked this version more he was on some Lex Luther, Amanda Waller type shyt where he wasn't afraid of the heroes. He was methodical, callous and in control. This is him after having The G-Men a Vought Superhero team that had nearly 60 members wiped out.

3281270-james%20stiwell%207.jpg

On the show Stillwell is much more vulnerable, a corporate business person who's main tool is manipulation and the worst things she does is coverups and Blackmailing senators. Stillwell in the comics is a killer and prefers to stay in his current position as he sees it as more advantageous the show purposefully subverts expectations with a lot of things. She was trying to climb the corporate ladder and not responsible for the death of the mayor and his son, making supe terrorists nor did she put Homelander up to it and in the end, admits to being in constant fear. In the comics Homelander is cautious and careful around Stilwell. Vought as a whole is a lot more menacing.

Billy Butcher was fukking supes up in the comics and they are shook of him but he hasn't been injected with any form of Compound V so maybe that'll happen next season and he'll be able to kill supes tougher than Mesmer other than that I like the changes he's much more likable on the show. The comic version had fanatical hate of supes and was just looking for a reason to fukk one up, the show version seems more reasonable.

The hero teams. Stillwell said they had over 200 heroes but the show seems tighter and focused on The Seven but I'd like to see Payback and Super Duper as well as the Herogasm.

yep...and to imagine ‘crossed’ was far worse...that’s when I gave up on dude

RCO001.jpg

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
I also don't get how Simon Pegg was too old to play Huey. There's nothing about the character that says he has to be in his 20's. He's a little wet behind the ears and green compared to the other BOYS but Pegg wasn't in 20's when they made the character in his likeness and he is one of those guys who's age you don't really think about like yeah dude is pushing 50 but I wouldn't have guessed he was that old. This isn't meant as a rant or as a knock on Jack Quaid I do like Huey in the show but I think his casting was more about making Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid's boy into a star than Pegg being "too old" for the role.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Did you not like the show butcher? And in the comics he as likable and funny but a baby face to root for ? Idk about that

Butcher in the show was meh. Ain’t even top 3 in his group.

I’m not comparing neither Butchers. I’m just saying tv Butcher needs a better build up to root for him. We all know they’re not sticking to the comic story for story. :usure: