Official The Batman Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
WB just can’t help themselves :francis: let the man work if he fails then you can have your way
Easy to say but they putting up 100s of millions not Reeves. Maybe they shouldn't give him the idea he had full say when he didn't. But having a good producer and director work hand in hand is what is necessary.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Eh, I don't see it like that. I mean, Wolverine is known for being a short, stocky dude, so it was interesting to say the least that they got one of the taller guys in Hollywood to play him. And that in itself was purely casting related, but it worked out. And that's the thing, there will always be changes made, but beforehand it's hard to judge what changes will pan out well and what won't. And the bigger the changes made, the more people will go against it. That's just how it is, and it's been that way since the people who were against Keaton playing Batman in '89.
Cavill got a ton of criticism because he didn't embody the character traits that fans most associated with Superman. God knows the guy absolutely looked the part. We can look at this the other way and note actors who fit the bill visually but didn't pull off the character. While I basically agree with the sentiment of what you're saying, If I'm going to make a judgement about a character before seeing so much as even a set shot, I'm basing it on that actor's previous body of work and perceived acting ability. I'm sure Marvel is going to introduce their own version of Wolverine, and while I doubt they're gonna get a 5'3 actor to play him, they might use Hobbit-esque techniques to get the effect. Who knows, they might be able to even pull off that yellow costume. But even if they get this new Wolverine to look like he was pulled straight out of the page, he's going to have the hardest time living up to his predecessor besides maybe the next Tony Stark and all of the post-Ledger Jokers.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Easy to say but they putting up 100s of millions not Reeves. Maybe they shouldn't give him the idea he had full say when he didn't. But having a good producer and director work hand in hand is what is necessary.
Just the fact that it's Batman should negate the need hire a big name to play him. People will be seeing the film because it's Batman not because of who is the actor.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just the fact that it's Batman should negate the need hire a big name to play him. People will be seeing the film because it's Batman not because of who is the actor.
And it's ridiculous given WW and Aquaman's success with non A listers.

Gal had a supporting role in a couple Fast and Furious movies and Mamoa was best known for a character he played for one season on GOT 4 years before JL came out.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm not against a newcomer/up and comer getting the role but you know if an exec is risk averse they are gonna try and avoid an unknown variable.
I think a new comer surrounded by a strong supporting cast would be a good compromise. Kinda what Marvel did with Thor and Captain America origin movies. New comer in lead surrounded by big actors, Anthony Hopkins, Natalie Portman, Rene Russo, Tommy Lee Jones, Stanley Tucci, Hugo Weaving, etc.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Cavill got a ton of criticism because he didn't embody the character traits that fans most associated with Superman. God knows the guy absolutely looked the part. We can look at this the other way and note actors who fit the bill visually but didn't pull off the character. While I basically agree with the sentiment of what you're saying, If I'm going to make a judgement about a character before seeing so much as even a set shot, I'm basing it on that actor's previous body of work and perceived acting ability. I'm sure Marvel is going to introduce their own version of Wolverine, and while I doubt they're gonna get a 5'3 actor to play him, they might use Hobbit-esque techniques to get the effect. Who knows, they might be able to even pull off that yellow costume. But even if they get this new Wolverine to look like he was pulled straight out of the page, he's going to have the hardest time living up to his predecessor besides maybe the next Tony Stark and all of the post-Ledger Jokers.
No doubt, and it's a testament to Jackman carrying his version of Wolverine on his back and being one of the few consistent good things in the X-movies.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
WB probably thinks getting some random cac over an A-lister is gonna affect box office profits

Which is funny when d-list actors were the leads in 2 of their biggest movies

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Get your grains of salt ready...the latest casting rumor according to the Revenge of Fans site podcast that this list of dudes are being talked about for the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman:

Ansel Elgort
c5cGcKN.jpg

Dylan O’Brien
EAuvDrN.jpg

Logan Lerman
BBRDFOz.jpg

Jack O’Connell
cawFB6B.jpg

Richard Madden
5a9gsca.jpg

Kit Harington
NwqlJe0.jpg

Nicholas Hoult
vXOfYYY.jpg

Noah Centineo
2bEAxcG.jpg

Aaron Taylor-Johnson
dxGnSkm.jpg

Taron Egerton
eQ7IIWk.jpg

Armie Hammer (supposedly the studio's pick)
czJmPHf.jpg

Taylor-Johnson, Madden, Hoult and Hammer would all be good picks as far as I'm concerned. The rest of them not so much.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Get your grains of salt ready...the latest casting rumor according to the Revenge of Fans site podcast that this list of dudes are being talked about for the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman:

Ansel Elgort
c5cGcKN.jpg

Dylan O’Brien
EAuvDrN.jpg

Logan Lerman
BBRDFOz.jpg

Jack O’Connell
cawFB6B.jpg

Richard Madden
5a9gsca.jpg

Kit Harington
NwqlJe0.jpg

Nicholas Hoult
vXOfYYY.jpg

Noah Centineo
2bEAxcG.jpg

Aaron Taylor-Johnson
dxGnSkm.jpg

Taron Egerton
eQ7IIWk.jpg

Armie Hammer (supposedly the studio's pick)
czJmPHf.jpg

Taylor-Johnson, Madden, Hoult and Hammer would all be good picks as far as I'm concerned. The rest of them not so much.
Oh Richard Madden is my fav if this is a real list. He was great in Bodyguard, he can play damaged but still charasmatic well. By far my fav but that's a good list overall.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Oh Richard Madden is my fav if this is a real list. He was great in Bodyguard, he can play damaged but still charasmatic well. By far my fav but that's a good list overall.
I think madden is my top pick from that list too solely based off of his performance in Bodyguard.