Reppin
brooklyn
Looks mean nothing to me, Bale “looked the part” and was a very average batman

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
nikkas were putting down Hugh Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine because he's too tall. Fanboyism is a real disease
Jackman's Wolverine is nothing like the comics Wolverine though. But for how the character and role were changed for the movies, Jackman played the part right. Same thing with Ian McKellen. Nobody will shyt on his Magneto performance because he fit the written role but it was nowhere near the same as Mags in the comics.

And to see how thin of a line that can be, look at how Halle Berry's Storm turned out or Rogue. Almost all the characters were changed for the movies, and with some they got the right actor to make the changes work and with some they dropped the ball. That's why this so-called "disease" of yours is really just people being aware of the source material (that has stood the test of time for decades) in comparison to Hollywood flipping it all on a bet and a wild guess. And that's not to say fanboys can't overreact, because they do, but there are enough examples available to show why people should be wary about certain changes and castings of characters too.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Jackman's Wolverine is nothing like the comics Wolverine though. But for how the character and role were changed for the movies, Jackman played the part right. Same thing with Ian McKellen. Nobody will shyt on his Magneto performance because he fit the written role but it was nowhere near the same as Mags in the comics.

And to see how thin of a line that can be, look at how Halle Berry's Storm turned out or Rogue. Almost all the characters were changed for the movies, and with some they got the right actor to make the changes work and with some they dropped the ball. That's why this so-called "disease" of yours is really just people being aware of the source material (that has stood the test of time for decades) in comparison to Hollywood flipping it all on a bet and a wild guess. And that's not to say fanboys can't overreact, because they do, but there are enough examples available to show why people should be wary about certain changes and castings of characters too.
What are these iterations of film characters that have been purely faithful adaptations of their comic counterparts, though? There is no such thing. RDJ isn't Tony Stark ripped right out of the comic. Hemsworth's definitely not playing Thor to the letter. I'm pretty sure Aquaman isn't doing Jager bombs and then sleeping off a hangover but that's how Mamoa plays him. There will never be the type of faithful adaptations that these nerds who suffer from the disease (yes disease) of fanboyism expect. People forget you're trying to adapt a medium that has had the luxury of decades and volumes of character building into a few (if you're lucky) 2 hour movies. I fully agree that when unnecessary liberties are taken with well known characters that the end product has proven to suffer, but when cats are mad that the guy playing Wolverine is taller than Danny DeVito, we've left the territory of legit criticism behind long ago.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
What are these iterations of film characters that have been purely faithful adaptations of their comic counterparts, though? There is no such thing. RDJ isn't Tony Stark ripped right out of the comic. Hemsworth's definitely not playing Thor to the letter. I'm pretty sure Aquaman isn't doing Jager bombs and then sleeping off a hangover but that's how Mamoa plays him. There will never be the type of faithful adaptations that these nerds who suffer from the disease (yes disease) of fanboyism expect. People forget you're trying to adapt a medium that has had the luxury of decades and volumes of character building into a few (if you're lucky) 2 hour movies. I fully agree that when unnecessary liberties are taken with well known characters that the end product has proven to suffer, but when cats are mad that the guy playing Wolverine is taller than Danny DeVito, we've left the territory of legit criticism behind long ago.
Eh, I don't see it like that. I mean, Wolverine is known for being a short, stocky dude, so it was interesting to say the least that they got one of the taller guys in Hollywood to play him. And that in itself was purely casting related, but it worked out. And that's the thing, there will always be changes made, but beforehand it's hard to judge what changes will pan out well and what won't. And the bigger the changes made, the more people will go against it. That's just how it is, and it's been that way since the people who were against Keaton playing Batman in '89.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Don't know if they'll go for the grizzled/ diesel/ more physical vibe again. From the way they talked about the new movies, they'll be leaning towards the detective side of the character.

I could have sworn that I heard someone throw dude from McMafia in the mix as Batman/Bruce Wayne. I think he'd be solid. :ehh:

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
Rumor is Matt Reeves wanted a early 20s Batman played by a relative unknown

And WB said no and wants A-list 30 year old