Official The Batman Thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It's only in cartoons, not comics. New 52 kinda scraps the idea.
They brought back the Terry McGinnis version of Batman Beyond during "Rebirth".
Its up to issue 9 or 10 by now.
E7QWl1I.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Did it change a lil bit like Damian Wayne is Terry's mentor?
Nah, at some point in the future Damian left Bruce to go be with Ra's Al Ghul and Bruce hasn't seen or heard from him in years.
Bruce built the high tech bat-suit for Damian originally because the plan was for Damian to become the new Batman.
The current storyline in the book is Damian coming back as basically the new Ra's al Ghul and he is jealous/hates Terry for taking his place in Brice's life.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Matt Reeves on ‘The Batman’: “It’s a standalone, this isn’t part of the extended universe”

A couple of days before Comic-Con last month, The Batman director Matt Reeves was on “The Business” podcast hosted by The Hollywood Reporter’s Kim Masters. Reeves spoke about his position on making the movie, and had an interesting comment about how it was pitched to him by Warner Bros.

“When they approached me, what they said was: ‘look, it’s a standalone, this isn’t part of the extended universe,” Reeves said. He also confirmed that he has an idea for a trilogy in his head. Reeves said he’s “totally fine” not making a Batman movie if Warner Bros. doesn’t want to make the movie that he wants to make. So far, though, he said he and WB have been on the same page

:why:

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I'm not demanding a cameo or even a mention but going out of your way to distance yourself from the DCEU while still using actors that have already been established is ridiculous. DC/WB wants another trilogy so bad they'll humor this nonsense. I find it hard to believe it was their idea to not utilize a universe they've pumped close to a billion dollars into.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm not demanding a cameo or even a mention but going out of your way to distance yourself from the DCEU while still using actors that have already been established is ridiculous. DC/WB wants another trilogy so bad they'll humor this nonsense. I find it hard to believe it was their idea to not utilize a universe they've pumped close to a billion dollars into.
I doubt Ben will be Batman in this. He just lied to the crowd at SD Comic Con. :mjlol:
I understand tho, wait for him to be in JL and then break it. Doing it beforehand could hurt that movie, bad press at least.

Last edited:

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I doubt Ben will be Batman in this. He just lied to the crowd at SD Comic Con. :mjlol:
I understand tho, wait for him to be in JL and then break it. Doing it beforehand could hurt that movie, bad press at least.
Crossed my mind but I forgot to mention it in my post. Definitely would make the recasting more plausible.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think this is smart. WB knows how Batman should be. Dark and gritty. They are getting away from the gritty with the DCEU. Why not have a separate Batman franchise that way you can keep a Nolanized Batman going for fans like me and many others. And have a new actor as Batman, while a separate Batman for Justice League/DCEU.

I like this. I like a separate DC universe that can be darker. So it now makes sense what they are doing with the Joker.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think this is smart. WB knows how Batman should be. Dark and gritty. They are getting away from the gritty with the DCEU. Why not have a separate Batman franchise that way you can keep a Nolanized Batman going for fans like me and many others. And have a new actor as Batman, while a separate Batman for Justice League/DCEU.

I like this. I like a separate DC universe that can be darker. So it now makes sense what they are doing with the Joker.
But is the Joker origin standalone to? I hope so.