Official The Batman Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Well damn, I checked RT @ like 12:30 PM and there were like 10 reviews and no score. Now there are 142 reviews (89% score), that's a lot for a movie that isn't out yet and also a good sign for the Box office that the movie is highly anticipated.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Way overlong. Should be 2hrs 30min tops and that's with credits.

The long comic movies (Rises, Endgame, Eternals etc) always drag and have a needlessly painful 30-40 minute portion where it's just :russell: that could have been cut.

Either cut some stuff out or split the damn movie up.
Watch the flick first before you say that tho

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I have noticed that trend, looking at the Nolan movies. It's like they don't know how to conclude the final act and it becomes a mess of incoherent action pieces - Begins is an example of this.

Batman Beings third act was so generic and run of the mill. Like damn they could have been more creative.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Batman Beings third act was so generic and run of the mill. Like damn they could have been more creative.
I blame it on Nolan he can't do action to save his life, and in the end what goes from a really good movie ends up being average due to that anti climatic ending.

The final rooftop scene setting up Joker was :wow: though.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
what should've been cut from endgame?

It should have been split into 2 movies.

But if looking at it as a singular movie all those recruiting scenes which took about 30 minutes could have been trimmed down to about 10 minutes like in the first Avengers movie. The ending could have been trimmed down. Tony Stark dies, Thanos gets defeated yet the movie needlessly goes on for another 20 minutes :why:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
It should have been split into 2 movies.

But if looking at it as a singular movie all those recruiting scenes which took about 30 minutes could have been trimmed down to about 10 minutes like in the first Avengers movie. The ending could have been trimmed down. Tony Stark dies, Thanos gets defeated yet the movie needlessly goes on for another 20 minutes :why:
they bury the man responsible for the entire universe and they wrap up Cap. wasn't needless.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Grace Randolph says it fumbles during the 3rd act, she's my goto critic.

Maybe I'll treat myself to a matinee screening.

Grace trashed Hereditary, Doctor Sleep, JoJo Rabbit, & Encanto, so we fundamentally don't have the same tastes and I don't trust anything she says now.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Eh, I think Begins has the cleanest final act. TDK has the biggest wow moments so you overlook how jumbled it could get.

But it might be something with comic book movies though.

Cause the best part of Fruitvale and Creed are the 3rd acts for Ryan Coogler early films. Yet with BP it was the weakest.

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
Begins arguably has the best final act in all of Nolan’s films. DK for all its glory it’s weakest moment has to be the “social experiment” two boats wit Deebo being the “humane” thoughtful bad prisoner guy who makes the right decision. It was cluttered to say the least.

plus begins gave us one of the very best send off lines to Raz Al Ghoul.
I’m not gonna kill you…but I don’t have to save you.
Glides away while Raz just closes his eyes as the train crashes was pure chefs kiss IMO.
Then you add in that epic tease moment to Joker at the end. Begins deserves so much better admiration. DK still the goat. But Rises is the true worst of the trilogy. Saved by Hardy’s performance.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
Grace trashed Hereditary, Doctor Sleep, JoJo Rabbit, & Encanto, so we fundamentally don't have the same tastes and I don't trust anything she says now.

I haven't seen any of those movies but I've been subscribed to Grace for a few years now.

I generally trust her, except for whatever it is she has against Jessica Chastain, which I think is mostly her box office appeal or lack thereof.