Official The Batman Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Then slowly that show became a Bruce Wayne and rogue gallery origin story
yeah which wasn't bad per say, but its just not what I wanted. it became a newer version of batman 66, which again, isn't bad in idea, but hard to pull off. Gotham was hit or miss for me because of that

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
yeah which wasn't bad per say, but its just not what I wanted. it became a newer version of batman 66, which again, isn't bad in idea, but hard to pull off. Gotham was hit or miss for me because of that

Gotham at first was kind of meh, but it became enjoyable once I accepted the changes and approach it was going. I just looked at it as an elseworlds type of show.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Gotham at first was kind of meh, but it became enjoyable once I accepted the changes and approach it was going. I just looked at it as an elseworlds type of show.
I mean all these shows are elseworlds shows for real. None of them are exactly like the comics. They all put their spin on stuff or put it in a modern context.

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where'd you see that? Unless I read the news too fast and missed it

could’ve sworn I saw it in the THR article but just checked and can’t find anything. Either I misread or they edited it out.

Either way, I’m in :blessed:

been waiting for Winter and HBO to reconnect on a gritty crime drama.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
l4oI1j.gif

Sounds like what I wanted Gotham to be :blessed:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They must really be confident in Reeves and desperate for content to be setting this up.

Can't speak for the first thing you said but on the second thing, most streamers are all desperate for content, homie. That's the name of the game. It's how Netflix got the lead it got and why everyone else is buying up every license they can.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Can't speak for the first thing you said but on the second thing, most streamers are all desperate for content, homie. That's the name of the game. It's how Netflix got the lead it got and why everyone else is buying up every license they can.
I read that Netflix bought the rights to do a LUMBERJANES show.

Before it's over pretty much every comic book property that has ever seen the light of day will be streaming somewhere.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yeah that's what Gotham was supposed to be or at least the initial intention. that's what I wanted from it
I think original idea was it was going to be an adaptation of GOTHAM CENTRAL but then Bruno Heller got involved and he took it in a different direction with young Gordon and the inclusion of Baby Bruce Wayne.