Official The Batman Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Exactly.

WB letting directors cook gave us Man of Steel, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam and Joker.

WB execs thinking they knew better gave us BvS (which I love despite their fukk-ups), Suicide Squad and Justice League (which I like despite their fukk-ups).

They seem to have figured out to just let the storytellers tell the stories, directors direct and execs exec. Hope they keep it this way.
Is this really the case? There was a lot of executive interference in BvS? I know they didn't want a 3 hour movie but otherwise I think they let dude cook. And isn't 'studio interference' an excuse after a movie isn't successful? Like we know Shazam, WW, Aquaman didn't have producers involved that gave significant input? It seems Executive interference is fine when it works but an excuse when a movie doesn't reach expectations.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Is this really the case? There was a lot of executive interference in BvS? I know they didn't want a 3 hour movie but otherwise I think they let dude cook. And isn't 'studio interference' an excuse after a movie isn't successful? Like we know Shazam, WW, Aquaman didn't have producers involved that gave significant input? It seems Executive interference is fine when it works but an excuse when a movie doesn't reach expectations.
Only interference they had with BvS was having a lot of scenes cut from the final product so it could shorten the movie so it could get more screenings at the theaters. The ultimate cut that was released on Blu-ray had all the missing scenes. Justice League has been documented to have a ton of studio interference hence why there is the whole foolhardy "Release the Snyder Cut" movement going on.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Justice league isn't getting a sequel for a long time. They're pretty much doing their films like the comics just different individual stories with a reference here and there.:manny:

I think they retconned the whole DC universe. I know they treated Aquaman like Justice League movie did not exist. Correct me if im wrong.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Only interference they had with BvS was having a lot of scenes cut from the final product so it could shorten the movie so it could get more screenings at the theaters. The ultimate cut that was released on Blu-ray had all the missing scenes. Justice League has been documented to have a ton of studio interference hence why there is the whole foolhardy "Release the Snyder Cut" movement going on.

How long is the Snyder cut of BvS? Was it a realistic run time for a blockbuster release?
And I thought the 'Release the Snyder Cut' thing was because he had to quit halfway through do to a family tragedy and a different director had to finish the movie? Like I said, JL wasn't well received only now there was a ton a of studio interference and they ruined it. While it was being made Snyder started and when he stopped working on it it wasn't because the studio didn't like what he did. The official word was he left for personal reasons and Whedon had to finish.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Suicide Squad going through reshoots because execs wanted a lighter tone was news before the movie was released.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
How long is the Snyder cut of BvS? Was it a realistic run time for a blockbuster release?
And I thought the 'Release the Snyder Cut' thing was because he had to quit halfway through do to a family tragedy and a different director had to finish the movie? Like I said, JL wasn't well received only now there was a ton a of studio interference and they ruined it. While it was being made Snyder started and when he stopped working on it it wasn't because the studio didn't like what he did. The official word was he left for personal reasons and Whedon had to finish.

Snyder mentioned recently that he had completely different plans for JL, it was supposed to be a two-parter.

That's why the 'Snyder-cut' thing is stupid, the Snyder-version never started. By that time WB had already been scared by BvS (which they cut down significantly) and got rewrites for + turned it into a single film. Snyder went into that flick with a leash on, so whatever 'cut' there is accordign to the Jason Momoa's wasn't even his original vision. I'm sure the drama with his daughter ju

Zack Snyder's Original 'Justice League' Plans, Deleted Post-Credit Scene Revealed
"The original Justice League that Chris [Terrio] and I wrote, we didn't even shoot... The actual idea, the hard, hard idea, the scary idea, we never filmed because the studio was like 'That's crazy,'" Snyder said, adding that he and his collaborators were insecure because of the reaction to Batman v Superman.

"It's a long story," Snyder added. "The truth is that, the Knightmare sequence in this movie was always my idea that all of that would eventually be explained ... and that we would end up in the distance future, where Darkseid has taken over Earth and where Superman has succumbed to the Anti-Life [Equation] ... There was a few members of the Justice League that had survived in that world, that they were fighting. Batman broke a pact with Cyborg because something happened... They were working on an equation to jump Flash back to tell Bruce..."

Snyder is referring to the team in Batman v Superman where the Flash tells Batman that "Lois is the key," which is never referenced in Justice League. And the director said that Warner Bros. was on board for the overall story he wanted to tell, but "the details of how and why" the Justice League broke up made them nervous and needed to be changed.

Then Snyder addressed his post-credits scene that was cut from the movie, and would have revealed the League's struggle against Darkseid was far from over.

"The Justice League teaser that wasn't in the movie, apparently, I guess, where Wonder Woman says, it's this line where Bruce says 'I was right here when Barry Allen came to me and he said Lois Lane is the key,' and she says 'She is, to Superman. Every heart has one.' And he goes, 'I think it's something more, something darker.'"

Snyder explained that if Lois died, Superman would succumb to the Anti-Life Equation.

"If Superman knew that somehow it was Bruce's responsibility to protect Lois, he would have been mad at him in [Batman v Superman]. So that's why he says 'She was my world, and you took her from me.'"

Snyder then explains that Cyborg would have transported the Flash back in time, changing the original plan from what we see in Batman v Superman. Instead, Barry Allen would attempt to prevent Lois Lane's murder at the hands of Darkseid, who had just Boom Tubed into the Batcave.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City

it's what gets reported breh, people talk/journalists journal. There are multiple reports of WB interfering in a few movies, and none for the others - that's all we can go on. If there was a report about how WB execs told James Wan to add ninjas riding on sharks I'd give them props for it and I would revise my view on their interference, but it's not there.

Saying it's an excuse for disappointing movies is, just like, your opinion...man.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
it's what gets reported breh, people talk/journalists journal. There are multiple reports of WB interfering in a few movies, and none for the others - that's all we can go on. If there was a report about how WB execs told James Wan to add ninjas riding on sharks I'd give them props for it and I would revise my view on their interference, but it's not there.

Saying it's an excuse for disappointing movies is, just like, your opinion...man.
I think that's my point, there are only stories about producer interference/ involvement for the less than well received movies? Kinda weird, publicists are gonna publicist to. Maybe the stories about interference after the fact are not a coincidence.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Justice League was a disaster. Age of Ultron was complete garbage and everyone knows it to be by far the worst of the Avengers movies. Whedon tried to turn Justice League into an Age of Ultron lite and it was terrible...

He also fukked with the scenes Snyder did film, he changed the filters and all types of shyt to make it look wack as fukk. Whedon is a hack who managed to make one good Avengers flick because other directors and Feige set the tone and all he had to do was lay it in.

Release the #SnyderCut

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Justice League was a disaster. Age of Ultron was complete garbage and everyone knows it to be by far the worst of the Avengers movies. Whedon tried to turn Justice League into an Age of Ultron lite and it was terrible...

He also fukked with the scenes Snyder did film, he changed the filters and all types of shyt to make it look wack as fukk. Whedon is a hack who managed to make one good Avengers flick because other directors and Feige set the tone and all he had to do was lay it in.

Release the #SnyderCut
So I guess it wasn't studio interference. lol

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
So I guess it wasn't studio interference. lol

It was studio interference from the onset, everyone already posted the articles explaining it. After Whedon was handed the keys it became apparent that he was making changes to fit his style of film making. Which sucks and is why he can't find a lot of work right now lol