Official The Batman Thread

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Actually you’re right. The sirens movie isn’t actually a thing yet. Still in limbo. So I wouldn’t even count on it happening. Unless they decide they want to be in business with David Ayer again OR he has time to do it. I’d bet on it not happening tho
BOP is flop proof because of it's budget so I think it's happening

Be interesting to see what WB does tho. Cast another Catwoman or use whoever Reeves chooses even tho his Batman is supposed to be it's own thing? :patrice:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
BOP is flop proof because of it's budget so I think it's happening

Be interesting to see what WB does tho. Cast another Catwoman or use whoever Reeves chooses even tho his Batman is supposed to be it's own thing? :patrice:

Birds of Prey is happening..yeah. That's in the can already. But sirens? They haven't said a damn thing about it in a year so I wouldn't expect it to happen. Which is why thinking about who would be the other Catwoman isn't even something I'm entertaining right now:manny:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Birds of Prey is happening.. in fact it has finished filming. Not sure what that has to do with Catwoman and this..

He's talking about Gotham City Sirens, which was announced a couple years ago. David Ayer was set to direct. But the project has been in limbo since then and no one has said even a peep about it since it was announced. Except for Margot Robbie saying she's not in it

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
He's talking about Gotham City Sirens, which was announced a couple years ago. David Ayer was set to direct. But the project has been in limbo since then and no one has said even a peep about it since it was announced. Except for Margot Robbie saying she's not in it

Nah that ain't happening. That's leftover from the old WB regime. Suicide Squad despite what people say on here was a big success and that's why this Harley Birds of Prey movie is happening (and why James Gunn was brought in to do another SS) but there's no reason for a Sirens movie right now.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So since this is not going to be in the DCEU, who would y'all like to see play The Joker in the 2nd or 3rd movie in the trilogy?

Think you guys are looking at this the completely wrong way. This is a part of whatever the hell they're calling their movie universe. They're redoing the strategy for the entire thing. Basically starting from scratch. Taking the parts that have worked (Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam) and moving forward. Focusing less on telling a connective story leading to one event ala endgame, and looking to make good movies first and foremost.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
So since this is not going to be in the DCEU, who would y'all like to see play The Joker in the 2nd or 3rd movie in the trilogy?

There really isn't a 'universe' they did away with that. Joker as of now is a standalone movie. They are all standalone movies moving forward but they may interconnect if it makes sense to do so. Right now they just focusing on getting the characters out there.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Think you guys are looking at this the completely wrong way. This is a part of whatever the hell they're calling their movie universe. They're redoing the strategy for the entire thing. Basically starting from scratch. Taking the parts that have worked (Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam) and moving forward. Focusing less on telling a connective story leading to one event ala endgame, and looking to make good movies first and foremost.

Right, there has been confusion. This is what happened. Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad, Shazam, they were all successes and they aren't going to be tossed aside. But Batman and Superman will be different because Snyder is gone and after that whole Justice League thing really the whole WB regime is gone.

So as you said they are keeping everything that the masses want and moving forward with that. There is a whole new executive branch at WB. AT&T and WB merged.

For people to continue to talk about the old shyt, it's like discussing Clooney's Batman. It ain't coming back.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Right, there has been confusion. This is what happened. Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad, Shazam, they were all successes and they aren't going to be tossed aside. But Batman and Superman will be different because Snyder is gone and after that whole Justice League thing really the whole WB regime is gone.

So as you said they are keeping everything that the masses want and moving forward with that.

Breh lets hold up on Suicide Squad lol. Yes it was a financial success but clearly they didn't like what it was creatively. Otherwise they wouldn't have shot one movie and then brought the team who cut the trailers to do a completely different edit of the movie and snatch it away from the director while in the editing bay. You also don't dump the director, and writer, and most of the creative team behind the movie in favor of a new one of it was a complete success. They're holding onto the the pieces they liked (Harlee, Boomerang, Flagg, Amanda, almost Deadshot) and going in a completely different direction. Another reason the movie isn't even being labeled as a sequel.

So while I'm with you on it making money and making enough money to warrant a sequel, it's not a complete success up and down, hence the changes.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Breh lets hold up on Suicide Squad lol. Yes it was a financial success but clearly they didn't like what it was creatively. Otherwise they wouldn't have shot one movie and then brought the team who cut the trailers to do a completely different edit of the movie and snatch it away from the director while in the editing bay. You also don't dump the director, and writer, and most of the creative team behind the movie in favor of a new one of it was a complete success. They're holding onto the the pieces they liked (Harlee, Boomerang, Flagg, Amanda, almost Deadshot) and going in a completely different direction. Another reason the movie isn't even being labeled as a sequel.

So while I'm with you on it making money and making enough money to warrant a sequel, it's not a complete success up and down, hence the changes.

What I meant was it made a lot of money (well over $700M without a China release) and sold a lot of merch.. It was a bad movie, I imagine the trailer company the old regime brought in made a bad movie even worse. However, there is no question that it was a financial success and there is no question that Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn is something they needed to do more with.. you can't just toss her in the bushes because she is ridiculously popular so here we are. I agree they needed to make changes.

But again, all this news we are discussing has been known for what two years now? lol. This is an entire new executive team at WB

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
What I meant was it made a lot of money (well over $700M without a China release) and sold a lot of merch.. It was a bad movie, I imagine the trailer company the old regime brought in made a bad movie even worse. However, there is no question that it was a financial success and there is no question that Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn is something they needed to do more with.. you can't just toss her in the bushes because she is ridiculously popular so here we are. I agree they needed to make changes.

But again, all this news we are discussing has been known for what two years now? lol. This is an entire new executive team at WB

She didn’t even want to be in this the new suicide squad. So I’m guessing whatever she and Gunn spoke about changed her mind. Which is a good thing

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
There was a rumor not too long ago that Birds of Prey would be the first in a trilogy with Gotham City Sirens being after BoP and the third movie having all of the characters from both movies in it but other than that there has been no news about GCS at all which probably means it's dead.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Birds of Prey is happening..yeah. That's in the can already. But sirens? They haven't said a damn thing about it in a year so I wouldn't expect it to happen. Which is why thinking about who would be the other Catwoman isn't even something I'm entertaining right now:manny:
It was mostly rumor but one of the trades mentioned it as a movie in the pipeline a couple months back. They're probably waiting to see how BOP does before fully committing. Given the low budget on BOP I think GCS is a given

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It was mostly rumor but one of the trades mentioned it as a movie in the pipeline a couple months back. They're probably waiting to see how BOP does before fully committing. Given the low budget on BOP I think GCS is a given

Possibly. But I’m with @Jello Biafra. They haven’t mentioned it in two years, Margot robbie said she’s not doing it, so I don’t see it happening. Regardless of how birds of prey does. I’d be surprised if it does