Official The Batman Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I could see them throwing out little easter eggs that reference Wonder Woman or Aquaman or something, I could see Harley making a cameo, I could see some shyt like that but actual references to plot lines no... I wouldn't think so nor should it. It'd be like Matt Reeves deciding to pick up where Burton left off with his Apes. Nah.

I don’t see him doing Easter eggs either. Not his style. Sure he could but that would actually surprise me.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So are they rebooting aquaman and wonder woman with new actors as well? I liked those movies.

Nope. Those movies and characters stand as is. There’s some backstory on this around the web but the long and short of it: when they hired Matt Reeves to write and direct, he ended up making a story about a younger Batman. And because the connected universe thing hasn’t worked the way Warners wants, they’ve decided to focus on individual films and worry about a team up later and let it happen naturally if it does happen at all. Each movie will be its own thing and self contained

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I just re-read Long Halloween and one thing I really noticed visually was how Tim Sale kept Batman as a shadowy figure. That'd be really cool if Reeves went for this type of look for batman.

2f56da2f0d6e4e2e037ec22dd0a632a4.jpg

d923cd576932c95f8cd3a5183646405a.jpg

batman-11-cover-b-tim-sale.png

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Nope. Those movies and characters stand as is. There’s some backstory on this around the web but the long and short of it: when they hired Matt Reeves to write and direct, he ended up making a story about a younger Batman. And because the connected universe thing hasn’t worked the way Warners wants, they’ve decided to focus on individual films and worry about a team up later and let it happen naturally if it does happen at all. Each movie will be its own thing and self contained

They can put this Batman with Wonder Woman and Aquaman down the road if they do some alternate universe fukkery like Into the Spiderverse

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I don't know who you are but if I'm a nerd u are also posting in here so :manny: and that deep red rep tells the story of a man who craves attention a female trait.

deep red ain't shyt...kobe/lakers stans are a sensitive bunch so are wresting fans here. stay quiet, dork

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Haven't heard any of that. Sure you're not confusing this with Batgirl and BOP?
Actually you’re right. The sirens movie isn’t actually a thing yet. Still in limbo. So I wouldn’t even count on it happening. Unless they decide they want to be in business with David Ayer again OR he has time to do it. I’d bet on it not happening tho