Official The Batman Thread

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Why everybody stuck on having "under the red hood" recreated into live action? It's a great animated movie, but damn they can go in so many directions with this new film. So many batman stories that can be brought to life. What do the actual batman comic book readers here think about this? I understand a lot of people in here are just big fans of the dcau, but don't even read the comics.
I read the Batman comics too, I've read everything since the New 52 reboot..and the only strong storyline so far has been the Court of Owls.

Zero Year is not needed in this universe, we have old Batman.:yeshrug:
Endgame had a shytty ending.:shaq2:
This Mr. Bloom shyt :camby:'

The Red Hood storyline, in the DCAU and comics, is arguably the best storyline Batman has had in the last decade, not counting other continuities like the Nolan trilogy or Arkham series. It gives Joker a strong role which is always awesome, but in this context, fresh and different. Let's do it :blessed:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need a trilogy with one being about Redhood and the overall trilogy being about the Court of Owls :ohlawd::whew:

It could easily be done. Easily. Tweak red hood's resurrection by removing the Lazarus Pit/Ras. Insert dioneseum/owls. End part I with Bruce determined to hunt down the fools who tried to corrupt Jason. Part II focuses on his discovery of the court and his battle in the maze. Part III is the night of owls. Magic.

Make it happen Batfleck. :mjcry:

Apex

Banned
Daps
It could easily be done. Easily. Tweak red hood's resurrection by removing the Lazarus Pit/Ras. Insert dioneseum/owls. End part I with Bruce determined to hunt down the fools who tried to corrupt Jason. Part II focuses on his discovery of the court and his battle in the maze. Part III is the night of owls. Magic.

Make it happen Batfleck. :mjcry:
It would have to be a prequel for them to do this (Jason Todd dead in BVS), and I don't think Warner Brothers is interested in doing a prequel.

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
WB just added two dates for DC movies
October 5, 2018 seems very plausible for this the other is November 1, 2019 that seems likely for Man of Steel 2

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
It would have to be a prequel for them to do this (Jason Todd dead in BVS), and I don't think Warner Brothers is interested in doing a prequel.
They can do it 300: Rise of an empire style where the first part is a prequel (finding out how Jason Todd died) while the later half (after BvS and JL part 1) is a continuation where we find out how he's been resurrected and what he's been doing all this time.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
GOAT BATMAN AND GOAT AT COVERING UP SLAVE OWNER ANCESTORS AND GOAT ADULTERER!!!

BEN GAWDFLECK!!!!!

so ben is his ancestors now ??? like we all clown white people and im all for that but i dont see how we slandering him for something he had no control over ?? like unless he said he's an advocate of slave ownership hows it his fault he was born from devil cacs ??

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
COURT OF OWLS would be one of the dopest screen plays brought to life... the psychological breaks, thew trauma, the plots, the damn OWLS :damn: thast was some inception level shyt, broke the bat right down into atoms, nikka was a baby.. bruhh that brook was brutal

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
so ben is his ancestors now ??? like we all clown white people and im all for that but i dont see how we slandering him for something he had no control over ?? like unless he said he's an advocate of slave ownership hows it his fault he was born from devil cacs ??

He wanted it omitted, says enough about how ashamed of it he was himself.

:camby:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
COURT OF OWLS would be one of the dopest screen plays brought to life... the psychological breaks, thew trauma, the plots, the damn OWLS :damn: thast was some inception level shyt, broke the bat right down into atoms, nikka was a baby.. bruhh that brook was brutal
I can't see them doing that right off the bat (:lolbron:)but that would be a fire sequel :wow:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

giphy.gif