Official Team Canada Basketball Thread

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Honestly think he may be out if the other top guys don’t show up. RJ will always show up because of his dad though..

Wiggins will come back because the team in 4 years is going to be deeeep but i hope he screamed on Nurse like Siakam did.....

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Wiggins will come back because the team in 4 years is going to be deeeep but i hope he screamed on Nurse like Siakam did.....

olympics only 3 years from now, I think fiba is in 2023 but we prob wont even qualify for that

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
Stop making excuses cot damn....you shouldnt be going to OT with this fukkn team...you didnt play hard enough and the coach is an idiot.
Lol it's not an excuse. Dudes in here saw Wiggins on the team thought they were going to win this tournament. :russ:They were NOT going to beat Turkey. You guys played yourselves. They were never going to the Olympics. They could have beaten the Czechs. Should is out the window now. It's not happening anytime soon if they don't get everybody in. And when they get everybody in I'm still not picking them over Spain, Serbia, Austraila. Luka would shyt on these guys if they played Slovenia. The program isn't good enough period. It's looking better now that they cut out the white guys but they are so far away.

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
It's tough because the way Canada is, they don't have a European style where their best players are playing together regularly in competition. And then their best players aren't good enough to just show up and brute force their way like the Americans. What good is a team filled with bench NBA players. Give me a starter in ACB or Serie A any day.

I know Wiggins is on the phone with Dillon, Shai and Jamal saying if all 3 of them aren't there together then he's not showing up.
We basically had the team you're talking about in the 2019 World Cup and they were awful and finished like 21st

Pangos, Wiltjer, Birch, ScrubbX2, Ejim, Heslip and Best all had long time and high level Euroleague experience . Cory played FIBA every year for like 12 years

The only way we have a shot is if Everyone shows up for the World Cup. Which they won't.

It's a rinse and repeat cycle and they choke every time the Olympics is on the line no matter who plays

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
I just don't like RJ Barrett game at all, lets not forget all the free throws he bricked as well.

He’s worked to become a decent 3 point shooter and a solid defender but he’s just not that guy. His game is built off bullying smaller defenders on straight line drives, that spin move and catch and shoot 3’s. He’s not as gifted a scorer as guys like Shai, Jamal and Wiggins.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Lol it's not an excuse. Dudes in here saw Wiggins on the team thought they were going to win this tournament. :russ:They were NOT going to beat Turkey. You guys played yourselves. They were never going to the Olympics. They could have beaten the Czechs. Should is out the window now. It's not happening anytime soon if they don't get everybody in. And when they get everybody in I'm still not picking them over Spain, Serbia, Austraila. Luka would shyt on these guys if they played Slovenia. The program isn't good enough period. It's looking better now that they cut out the white guys but they are so far away.

Breh this team had like 8 nba players, and like 6 of them started numerous games for their team this year. There is zero excuse for what happened today, even worse this tourney was in Canada.

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang

Thanks NAW and RJ..your struggle ISO’s were so much better…:martin:

Wiggins was a huge reason we were down all game and got absolutely cooked by a 37 year old who plays on Finland.

They had to switch Wiggins off him and put Cory on him .

Wiggins hit some fukking huge shots but he was also really bad for 3 quarters

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:mjgrin:

DR lost too :mjcry:

b128faa857abdad0e77346c67f7850ea.gif

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Wiggins was a huge reason we were down all game and got absolutely cooked by a 37 year old who plays on Finland.

They had to switch Wiggins off him and put Cory on him .

Wiggins hit some fukking huge shots but he was also really bad for 3 quarters

Feed the hot hand I’m not excusing his play for those quarters. But I routinely watched RJ and NAW look him off all OT. One possession I watched him call for the ball from RJ and RJ had him set a screen for him. It was selfish basketball from those two.