Official Team Canada Basketball Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Lol those European dudes can't go out in public in their country if they turn down the National team

Why messi still playing even at 34 and same with ronaldo at 35

Oh you can play for barcelona and juventus but not for your country?

nah

pau old ass gasol still playing for spain :heh:

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I think they'll probably steamroll Greece, China and whichever one of Uruguay or the Czechs they play in the semis but Turkey could be trouble if they meet in the final

Turkey looks pretty good. They have Cedi, Korkmaz, Ilyasova, that kid in the lottery and I think Shane Larkin. Canada should still be able to beat them but that's a good Fiba team

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I think they'll probably steamroll Greece, China and whichever one of Uruguay or the Czechs they play in the semis but Turkey could be trouble if they meet in the final

Turkey looks pretty good. They have Cedi, Korkmaz, Ilyasova, that kid in the lottery and I think Shane Larkin. Canada should still be able to beat them but that's a good Fiba team

Shane Larkin :dahell:

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Someone send me a link to the game when it starts…

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
Luka playing right after he got eliminated but Oshae and Dillon who don’t have 5% of the load that Luka carries are too tired :mjlol:
Europe puts so much into their grassroots sports that you're damn near brainwashed into wanting to rep your country any chance you get. Honestly if Luka didn't play then his country would understand but he would probably beat himself up for not stepping up for his country. A lot of these guys owe what they have to their national program at various levels.

Canada doesn't do shyt for anybody. That's a big reason why guys don't care to show up. Canada needs the players infinitely more than the players need them. The only person around now that probably really benefitted from anything from Canada Basketball is RJ and that's because his Dad became an executive and his AAU team was pretty much a feeder team to the Cadet team. And probably Cory, he's always around. Canada only checks for you once you have a name. They don't build anybody.

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Europe puts so much into their grassroots sports that you're damn near brainwashed into wanting to rep your country any chance you get. Honestly if Luka didn't play then his country would understand but he would probably beat himself up for not stepping up for his country. A lot of these guys owe what they have to their national program at various levels.

Canada doesn't do shyt for anybody. That's a big reason why guys don't care to show up. Canada needs the players infinitely more than the players need them. The only person around now that probably really benefitted from anything from Canada Basketball is RJ and that's because his Dad became an executive and his AAU team was pretty much a feeder team to the Cadet team. And probably Cory, he's always around. Canada only checks for you once you have a name. They don't build anybody.
Yeah with how shyt the funding is for team Canada and how talented our players are, it's basically community service for them

That's why I :salute:anyone who shows up

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

I bet if Rowan wasn’t the gm rj would have skipped this as well :hubie: