Official Succession Thread 🟠 Season 4 Currently Airing

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I love how they peeled back Shiv character this season. Last season she looked like smart and like she had her shyt together but this season she's unraveled and proved to be just as big a fukk up as the other 3.

100%

And I also like how they're delving deeper into her relationship with Tom. The way I see it:

She picked him because he's smart enough to live in their world, but not assertive enough or smart enough to usurp or challenge her intellectually. Her having Tom is like having a bug she can plant anywhere, pump for information and manipulate. Almost like (and sometimes literally) another vote in the boardroom.
He loves her way more than she loved him (in the beginning, but on her end it's changing)
He doesn't want an open relationship, but he loves her and is going along with it to seem as if he's comfortable operating the way other people in their position might operate (and he doesn't just do that with her, but with the whole family - he's out of his depth in every aspect of his life.)
She's either starting to love him more, or beginning to figure out that you can't fukk with another human being's emotions for extended periods of time, so she's starting to display feelings of guilt and jealousy.

Their relationship is deep as fukk and it's like the 4th or 5th most important part of this show.

This shyt is great TV.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
100%

And I also like how they're delving deeper into her relationship with Tom. The way I see it:

She picked him because he's smart enough to live in their world, but not assertive enough or smart enough to usurp or challenge her intellectually. Her having Tom is like having a bug she can plant anywhere, pump for information and manipulate. Almost like (and sometimes literally) another vote in the boardroom.
He loves her way more than she loved him (in the beginning, but on her end it's changing)
He doesn't want an open relationship, but he loves her and is going along with it to seem as if he's comfortable operating the way other people in their position might operate (and he doesn't just do that with her, but with the whole family - he's out of his depth in every aspect of his life.)
She's either starting to love him more, or beginning to figure out that you can't fukk with another human being's emotions for extended periods of time, so she's starting to display feelings of guilt and jealousy.

Their relationship is deep as fukk and it's like the 4th or 5th most important part of this show.

This shyt is great TV.
At the wedding when he figured out the guy she was working with was and they talked before the ceremony it seemed like she wanted to marry dude and be real about it. Did she reconsider, was she caught up in the moment or faking? Maybe I read the scene wrong?

hjnm

All Star
Daps
Romulus is his government name & Roman is the shortened version. Romulus & Remus created Rome hence "Roman"

I know the history of La Lupa I just don't think Romulus is the given name as opposed to Logan reference the history of the name "Roman".

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Yeah definitely but what was Roman's line on stage? "We'll do whatever you want"? With his little immature smirk.
He's been needed the taste slapped out his mouth for always joking round
The main thing he needed to be "slapped" for was for pushing to get everyone at Vaulter to get fired just to mess with Kendall. The lives of the "common people" are like toys to him.

I just don't understand how one man (+ his OG wife whoever she was) can raise 3 separate kids with 3 separate types of poor impulse control.

Kendall has a drug problem.
Roman is sexually and socially broken
Shiv is smart, but she can't control herself enough to know when and when not to flex her "intellect"

By the way, I don't think Shiv's any smarter than Kendall, I just think in comparison she's the best of a shytty trio of kids :patricelol:

What about Connor?! :pachaha:

Connor's mother is the one we know nothing about. The mother of the other three kids is the lady over in the castle in England that hosted Shiv's wedding in the last couple of episodes last season.
Caroline Collingwood

Daps
Reppin
404bywayof305
At the wedding when he figured out the guy she was working with was and they talked before the ceremony it seemed like she wanted to marry dude and be real about it. Did she reconsider, was she caught up in the moment or faking? Maybe I read the scene wrong?

I think you read the scene correctly, but this is months later and they’ve reverted back to old habits and dynamics. She meant it when she said it and she tried to change but that’s just the top layer, she was who she was before she got here

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah the critics are loving it now but they were late to catch on. If you loved season 1 then you’ll love season 2 as well
It frustrates me how everyone says Season 1 sucked at the beginning. I thought this show was good from the jump.

I just don't understand how one man (+ his OG wife whoever she was) can raise 3 separate kids with 3 separate types of poor impulse control.

Kendall has a drug problem.
Roman is sexually and socially broken
Shiv is smart, but she can't control herself enough to know when and when not to flex her "intellect"
Having that much money from birth just screws with your head man. I could only imagine how much (more) messed up I'd be lol

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yeah the critics are loving it now but they were late to catch on. If you loved season 1 then you’ll love season 2 as well, but I get what you said about having the focus. You gotta pay attention in every scene to fully enjoy it.

season 1 started kinda slow cuz they threw the old man in the hospital so quickly. but from the end of season 1 through now, it's been straight :fire:

and I'm glad he survived. I really look forward to seeing logan son everyone on the show each week including his own kids.

Daps
The nepotism on this show is quietly hilarious to me, as well. None of his kids have earned the right to succeed Logan as CEO yet they seem to be the only ones in consideration. It's funny to me how all the non-family can see how clearly incompetent these people are and not only do they say/do nothing, they have to placate these spoiled brats. And Royco is a publicly traded company, it's probably 100x worse with a privately held company.

Any chance Logan throws a wrench in the system by season's end and introduces a non-family contender?

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I'm catching some of these replays & I feel like Karolina is the mole giving up this info about the family and the company to reporters and the book writer

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The nepotism on this show is quietly hilarious to me, as well. None of his kids have earned the right to succeed Logan as CEO yet they seem to be the only ones in consideration. It's funny to me how all the non-family can see how clearly incompetent these people are and not only do they say/do nothing, they have to placate these spoiled brats. And Royco is a publicly traded company, it's probably 100x worse with a privately held company.

Any chance Logan throws a wrench in the system by season's end and introduces a non-family contender?

Gerri is down as the successor on paper. Of course Logan doesn't intend for it to come to that, but if he's incapacitated and the other siblings are destroying each other, they might all turn around and find out she made a deal with Stewie and Sandy all on her own while they weren't looking.

Plus, there were episodes last season that strongly implied that Marcia was secretly trying to move her son in position to take over, but they haven't mentioned him in a while.

Daps
Gerri is down as the successor on paper. Of course Logan doesn't intend for it to come to that, but if he's incapacitated and the other siblings are destroying each other, they might all turn around and find out she made a deal with Stewie and Sandy all on her own while they weren't looking.

Plus, there were episodes last season that strongly implied that Marcia was secretly trying to move her son in position to take over, but they haven't mentioned him in a while.

Yea, Gerri NOT being it has pretty much been a running joke at this point. Plus she was flat out offered it (albeit on a temporary basis) when Logan had his stroke and she refused, so I don't see her scheming to get it with some backroom deal.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
that was A1 bossing up Logan did on Kendall telling him to come with him to meet that family:picard: :wow:

had that man severely shook...damn near broke down in their house :picard:

Kendall had regained a lil too much confidence, Logan had to shut that shyt down :russ:

but between Logan & their mom and the wealth, you see why them kids turned out how they did