Official Succession Thread šŸŸ  Season 4 Currently Airing

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2b5755027f1b22bf-600x338.jpg

StoogeSet Karl & Frank are my favorite part every week :russ:
The scene in which Karl Frank and Gerri were terrified to tell Logan the kids are bidding against him was funny as fukk. Karl was like oh I just brung that up casually, but Iā€™m way too busy to talk to Logan about it. Gerri literally hit the :hubie: and walked away:russ:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I donā€™t think he was fukking with her like thatā€¦that was all part of logan trying to buy the companyā€¦tom meeting/being with her is what tipped off the kidsā€¦I could be wrong tho and maybe it was more to it than thatā€¦I was kind of bored early on
That's how I took it. Tom was lying about it being a social date in a clumsy attempt to prevent the kids from figuring out that Logan was talking to Nan, because he knew photos of him and Naomi were about to come out on the internet.

But by calling her he actually tipped them off earlier than they would have found out on their own.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
The kids in a bidding war with themselves is the exact reason why Logan didnā€™t want to let any of them run the company. shyt had me like :snoop:
TO BE FAIRā€¦ Do we know what Loganā€™s ceiling really was? He was gonna match their offer at 9.5. Kendall going to 10 just to close the deal was pretty shrewd imo. Letā€™s say they settled at 9.5 and Logan catches wind, you donā€™t think heā€™d close at 10 just to spite them?

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
In a neutral bid against Logan it would've actually been a W. They beat him to the punch with a number that closed the negotiation and didn't give him a chance to truly counter, which would've been smart because he wasn't close to being done - when he heard that 10 he was like " :childplease: so fukk it, go higher".

The fumble was being blind to what they already know, Nan HATES Logan and would love nothing more than to screw him over at the finish line. If the kids call her bluff at 8 Nan takes the deal, but Ken & Shiv got too caught up in beating dad instead of realizing he lost as soon as they entered that house :francis:
Great point.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I donā€™t think he was fukking with her like thatā€¦that was all part of logan trying to buy the companyā€¦tom meeting/being with her is what tipped off the kidsā€¦I could be wrong tho and maybe it was more to it than thatā€¦I was kind of bored early on

Tom is smarter than that (youā€™d hope) and certainly smarter than all of the Roy kids. So he was going to do whatever needed to be done to get Logan a low number and lock in the deal.

The kids overpaid but at least they have a legacy company to ride on instead of some made up venture with no brand cache. But Loganā€™s bag is bigger so they did what they had to do

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
TO BE FAIRā€¦ Do we know what Loganā€™s ceiling really was? He was gonna match their offer at 9.5. Kendall going to 10 just to close the deal was pretty shrewd imo. Letā€™s say they settled at 9.5 and Logan catches wind, you donā€™t think heā€™d close at 10 just to spite them?
It's shrewd IF they can afford it.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
That's how I took it. Tom was lying about it being a social date in a clumsy attempt to prevent the kids from figuring out that Logan was talking to Nan, because he knew photos of him and Naomi were about to come out on the internet.

But by calling her he actually tipped them off earlier than they would have found out on their own.
But he called herā€¦ i read the scene as he just wanted to let her know it was a casual thing and not a date so she wouldnā€™t get upset. Like, ā€œHey, I know weā€™re taking a break, but if some photos of me and your brothers ex come out, i want you to know itā€™s not what it looks likeā€¦ā€ but then he couldnā€™t tell her what it actually was about which is what set the siblings in motion to figure it out.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I hate Shiv so much

She can't even have a conversation with Tom, and she never has in this show, where she isn't doing a shytty version of "negotiation speak" that Logan does or that the family does when they're talking to each other.

She doesn't even hold her cards close to her vest, she holds them behind her back and you never see them. Her cards might as well be beef jerky for all we know. Which is probably why she's constantly getting found out and played. Logan has played her. Her mother called her out and ethered her...

In that final scene of the episode the only person I felt bad for was Tom, because he's willing to go there. He'll stumble and fumble and say 500 words before he gets to his point (like talking to Logan about leaving Shiv) but Shiv doesn't even have a "there" to go to. That's gotta be so frustrating to deal with. All I was thinking during that scene was "why does he love her?"

I would have liked them to talk it out in that scene, even if all it did was give us more insight into why Tom loves her.

Kendall's broken-ness is on the surface. Roman's broken-ness is on the surface. Shiv's broken-ness is buried so deep and all those tan outfits, good posture and smirks can't hide it.

Or maybe I just hate white women and I'm not "seeing" the nuances of her character, but I don't think that's what it is
VY2wmdR.png

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hate Shiv so much

She can't even have a conversation with Tom, and she never has in this show, where she isn't doing a shytty version of "negotiation speak" that Logan does or that the family does when they're talking to each other.

She doesn't even hold her cards close to her vest, she holds them behind her back and you never see them. Her cards might as well be beef jerky for all we know. Which is probably why she's constantly getting found out and played. Logan has played her. Her mother called her out and ethered her...

In that final scene of the episode the only person I felt bad for was Tom, because he's willing to go there. He'll stumble and fumble and say 500 words before he gets to his point (like talking to Logan about leaving Shiv) but Shiv doesn't even have a "there" to go to. That's gotta be so frustrating to deal with. All I was thinking during that scene was "why does he love her?"

I would have liked them to talk it out in that scene, even if all it did was give us more insight into why Tom loves her.

Kendall's broken-ness is on the surface. Roman's broken-ness is on the surface. Shiv's broken-ness is buried so deep and all those tan outfits, good posture and smirks can't hide it.

Or maybe I just hate white women and I'm not "seeing" the nuances of her character, but I don't think that's what it is
VY2wmdR.png

I was gonna make a ā€œya but her ass fatā€ joke but the spoiler had me laughing šŸ˜†

but nah your analysis was spot on tho

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I was gonna make a ā€œya but her ass fatā€ joke but the spoiler had me laughing šŸ˜†

but nah your analysis was spot on tho

The ass is fat. That's facts.

But if you take out that scene where her mother called her out on her bullshyt, and that witness in the old trial called her out, the Shiv character probably has the 2nd least amount of depth and motivation and is only one level above Connor in that respect.

This isn't me calling out the show, performance or anything. it's all still top tier.

I was just super frustrated watching this episode

Quiet as kept, the sibling with the best and deepest character arc isn't Kendall its Roman. Kendall's had more story, but Roman is actually the most fleshed out "person" of the siblings as far as what we know about them and using that to understand them as we see them. We know some of his traumas, we see his coping mechanisms, and we understand why and how he moves. Him being uncomfortable (scared) this episode and wanting to do The Hundred made sense. And then when his backbone started to come in and he got on board, we also understood that.