Official Steam Deck thread. Steam handheld gaming device.

capblk

Rookie
Daps
My kid wants a "gaming setup" so I plan on plugging the steam deck to a 1080p monitor.

Any recommendations on which keyboard, mouse, and dock along with any other accessories to pickup? Does not need to be top of the line just need it to play nice with the SD. Thanks in advanced.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Just got a jsaux m.2 SSD dock for my Steam Deck this chirstmas... looking to put every emulator on this bytch now.

Anyone got a recent tutorial to install a Switch emulator?

My kid wants a "gaming setup" so I plan on plugging the steam deck to a 1080p monitor.

Any recommendations on which keyboard, mouse, and dock along with any other accessories to pickup? Does not need to be top of the line just need it to play nice with the SD. Thanks in advanced.

I got both the official dock and the jsaux m.2 SSD docks:
  • The official one takes HDMI, DisplayPort and has a couple USB ports (I got my Astro C40 connected wirelessly via the USB and it works amazingly well)
    • The official dock also receives regular updates from Valve
    • The dock is a tight fit and it won't fit every case for your Steam Deck
      • If you get a dbrand Kill Switch case (probably the best SD case), they provide an extension that allows the official dock to fit the SD with their case on
  • The jsaux one has a slot for an m.2 SSD, HDMI and a couple USB ports
    • This dock is a bit wider so it can hold the SD with a case on fine, and it apparently fits the ROG Ally too
I'm looking for a gaming keyboard and mouse combo that uses a single USB dongle for both, for my deck too. I'll let you know if I find something good.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
connecting my steam deck to the TV for the first time and I’m surprised how good everything looks…will definitely be using it more now…haven’t traveled much at all post-COVID and using it in handheld mode at home got “stale” real quick as I prefer to game on the TV…dunno why I never bothered to hook it up before…I guess I assumed there’d be a decline in how the graphics looked but everything is clear/sharp and it takes up the entire screen

*edit*

the 8bitdo ultimate controller works perfectly with the steam deck too (2.4 g)

Last edited:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
connecting my steam deck to the TV for the first time and I’m surprised how good everything looks…will definitely be using it more now…haven’t traveled much at all post-COVID and using it in handheld mode at home got “stale” real quick as I prefer to game on the TV…dunno why I never bothered to hook it up before…I guess I assumed there’d be a decline in how the graphics looked but everything is clear/sharp and it takes up the entire screen

*edit*

You get increased resolution and frames when it's docked to a Monitor?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

*edit*

Cop a portable monitor

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You get increased resolution and frames when it's docked to a Monitor?

dunno/not sure…just know it looks good…I was expecting the graphics to look like the switch

Cop a portable monitor

would be completely unnecessary for me…wouldn’t mind playing it as is when traveling…at home tho the TV is working out great so far