Official Steam Deck thread. Steam handheld gaming device.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
its that time again, travelling to dubai, kenya, rwanda and uganda need some dope offline games only for my long ass plane ride :feedme:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Do y’all brehs with a SD also have gaming PCs?laptops?

Is the SD necessary if you have one?

Like besides handheld what would be the point of having a SD if you already got a gaming computer?
I own a gaming PC. I might be an odd ball, but I rarely use it. I thought I would use it for new AAA titles like Atomic Heart or Dying Light 2, but I actually play both of those games on my Steam Deck now. As a Dad, I can't afford to squirrel away and play at my desk. So the SD allows me to play in the vicinity of the action going on in my home. When I do isolate myself, it's for work, not play.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Appreciate that :salute:

Does it run everything from PS2 gen and back well?

I’m cool if I can’t emulate PS3, Only game from that gen I want is Saints Row 1. Other than that I should be good without it.

I mainly want NES-PS2 gen games

Thinking bout copping the middle storage one, 256 gb. Was gone cop the 64 gb one but not sure if that will be enough.

I want maybe 10-20 PS2 games. Maybe 5-10 N64 games. 20 or so SNES and Genesis games. Maybe 20 total Saturn and PS1 games. 10 GameCube/Dreamcast games. And a few fan made games like SOR remake. Maybe 10 arcade games.

I know storage varies wildly but can I fit all those on the 64 gb? How bout 256?

I actually could just delete games after I’m done then add them back later if I wanna play them again I suppose.
Saints Row 1 was never on PS3, it was XBOX exclusive and it can be played via the Canary emulator...

If you're comfortable opening up the SD, go with the $300 model and cop a 2TB storage SSD for like another $100...

If you're not comfortable opening it up, go with the 256GB and some sandisk cards for extra space...

I went with the latter option because I didn't want to void the warranty...

Last edited:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Saints Row 1 was never on PS3, it was XBOX exclusive and it can be played via the Canary emulator...

If you're comfortable opening up the SD, go with the $300 model and cop a 2TB storage SSD for like another $100...

If you're not comfortable opening it up, go with the 256GB and some sandisk cards for extra space...

I went with the latter option because I didn't want to void the warranty...
Where you see one for $300?

The official site got the cheapest one at $400

$529 for the 256 gb

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Man I been in a weird Mega Man rabbit hole. I'm over here going through the series even the spinoff jawns.
I've been thinking of running through some of the x series myself and battle network now that the collections out :ehh: maybe even tackling beating megaman & bass again but that game is hard AF
Did you discover any new piff going down that megaman rabbit hole?

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I've been thinking of running through some of the x series myself and battle network now that the collections out :ehh: maybe even tackling beating megaman & bass again but that game is hard AF
Did you discover any new piff going down that megaman rabbit hole?

Downloaded emudeck just to play Mega Man Legends. I remember running that jawn when I was in high school, but never got to finish it because the disc was scratched to hell.

Genos

Superstar
Daps
None of these handhelds is running PS3 games "really well" because they don't have the CPU power...Case and point, you need a $700 CPU to run RDR at 40 FPS on PC and its not even stable...

The entry level Asus joint is double the price of the enter level SD...That means the performance has to be double that of a SD to be worth the price tag and you're not going to get that...That battery life is going to be horrid with the performance they're claiming...
Breh I'm playing ninja gaiden sigma ps3 at a locked 60.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
If you are playing AAA games like God of War, Cyberpunk, or Spiderman, you are SOL. For more optimized games or older games I set my Thermal Power Limit to 10 watts. I limit framerate to 40fps and lower refresh rate to 40hhz. You can try switching on Half Rate Shading, but it tends to cause problems graphically or just make the game look like trash, but it can lower power draw.