Official Star Wars Thread #keepupwiththeforce

Ezra

Daps
I'll be shocked if they have Ruhk murk Thrawn the same way, or even at all. Maybe he sabotages something, but this would be a first to recreate an exact scene from a book on screen. At least I think it would be.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
@Ezra Some interesting collaboration between the story group & Battlefront developers, both for the game & the 'Inferno Squad' novel

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
C9eqoUvXYAEkBNu.jpg

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Finished Thrawn, didn't care much about Pryce's story but it was pretty damn good when it focused on Eli and Thrawn.

It did seemed like they are setting up for "something" that might come after this new trilogy ends.

I've read the theories about the Yuuzhan Vong being the threat Thrawn and his people are :lupe: about. I don't think they would go that route but I do believe they might do a very similar story with a new conquering race that comes from the Unknown Regions and that it might actually be related to Snoke's people :lupe: :lupe:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Finished Thrawn, didn't care much about Pryce's story but it was pretty damn good when it focused on Eli and Thrawn.

It did seemed like they are setting up for "something" that might come after this new trilogy ends.

I've read the theories about the Yuuzhan Vong being the threat Thrawn and his people are :lupe: about. I don't think they would go that route but I do believe they might do a very similar story with a new conquering race that comes from the Unknown Regions and that it might actually be related to Snoke's people :lupe: :lupe:
On one hand I'm like :patrice: as it would have to executed very well, but on the other hand I'd be very intrigued by a storyline of that nature. If it does come to fruition, perhaps Episodes 10-12?

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Happy to see Hayden got so much love.
George absolutely nailed it when he said "people don't like it when I say this, and I'm not supposed to say this, but the backbone of Star Wars surviving so long has been 12 year olds. Critics and certain fans don't mean so much if you can get kids to believe in your stories" (or sth like that).

Ezra

Daps
Anyone reading Poe Dameron? Great tie in this week to the Aftermath Trilogy.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
EXCLUSIVE: ‘Mr. Robot’ Creator Sam Esmail Might Pen ‘Star Wars’ Anthology Script

Some interesting intel came to Omega Underground yesterday and we had to sit on it for a little bit before posting it.

Now, we’ve had two separate sources telling us Lucasfilm is looking to have Mr. Robot creator Sam Esmail write a Star Wars anthology film. They’re claiming that he’s taken pitch meetings with the studio and the project they believe is likely the Kenobi movie.

This could be the first word of actual development on an Obi-Wan Kenobi anthology project which currently has a large amount of fan support behind it.

As far as we know, this might only be a writing gig for Sam Esmail but he’s directed fifteen episodes of Mr. Robot between seasons one and two, along with a couple of films like the indie Comet.

Nobody has mentioned him as a potential director.

Sam’s representation at CAA apparently includes power agent Bryan Lourd. The ex-boyfriend of Carrie Fisher and father to their actress daughter Billie Lourd (The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi).

Disney’s Bob Iger has suggested that the next anthology film could be ready for release sometime in 2020 and Lucasfilm’s Kathleen Kennedy recently hinted to an official anthology announcement coming this summer.

Rogue One director Gareth Edwards had revealed an interest in tackling the project and actor Ewan McGregor has repeatedly reaffirmed his interest in reprising the role in almost every interview he does.

During an interview with The Hollywood Reporter last year, Esmail brought up a comparison between Mr. Robot and Star Wars.

“I’m going to keep going with this Star Wars thing. Maybe it’s subconscious; I don’t know. I’ve looked back on the second season and I’ve seen a lot of similarities with The Empire Strikes Back, in terms of Luke/Elliot going away and isolating themselves, while their sister is out there and battling the evil empire. I think this is the return of Elliot.”

It was reported back in December by The Hollywood Reporter that Sam was eyeing a television mini-series based on Fritz Lang’s iconic 1927 silent German science fiction film Metropolis. The original film was an obvious inspiration to George Lucas on Star Wars and likely is where the design of C-3P0 came from.

:lupe:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The book was well written and the second half was a little better than the first. Thrawn as Sherlock Holmes was a little :russell:though.

Didn't realise there was going to be a new trilogy.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The book was well written and the second half was a little better than the first. Thrawn as Sherlock Holmes was a little :russell:though.

Didn't realise there was going to be a new trilogy.

I meant the current "new" trilogy (episodes 7, 8 and 9). The "big threat" from the Unkown Regions might be the new enemy if they decide to do 10, 11 and 12.