Official Star Trek: Picard thread

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Its funny to see how many of you aren't' actually Star Trek fans and like this shyt but feel the need to actually attack Star Trek fans who are angry that this series completely disregards Trek cannon.

You are the same who like Star Wars JJ Abrams bullshyt.

People hate bad writing folks and some of you like bad writing and stupid shows.

7 of 9 had a relationship and character growth in Voyager, she even had a male love interest in commander Chakotay.

Its sad to see Trek and Star Wars taken down by garbage ass writers to pander to folks who like this bullshyt, while driving off 80-90% of the dedicated fanbase that kept the franchises alive to get the few people who will praise this bullshyt and forget about it after a season. SMH

This was a terrible and extremely stupid series.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
:mjlol: barely, even Chakotay's actor was like :dwillhuh:

there was zero lead up to it

similar to how Picard had zero lead up to many things.
Yet Chakotay was still a canon love interest.
Its just pathetic to me who poor this series is and honestly I didn't think I would see anyone who actually liked it and was actually a Star trek fan, but I see folks here claim to like Discovery too, so I need to realize I'm not dealing with real Trek fans, just wave riders

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
They put a nice bow on the ending, stuff that happened second half of the season just didn't matter

Not as bad as Disco second season but pretty close

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Its funny to see how many of you aren't' actually Star Trek fans and like this shyt but feel the need to actually attack Star Trek fans who are angry that this series completely disregards Trek cannon.

You are the same who like Star Wars JJ Abrams bullshyt.

People hate bad writing folks and some of you like bad writing and stupid shows.

7 of 9 had a relationship and character growth in Voyager, she even had a male love interest in commander Chakotay.

Its sad to see Trek and Star Wars taken down by garbage ass writers to pander to folks who like this bullshyt, while driving off 80-90% of the dedicated fanbase that kept the franchises alive to get the few people who will praise this bullshyt and forget about it after a season. SMH

This was a terrible and extremely stupid series.

Agreed, finished the last episode, this joint was trash. It was tough to watch Picard getting moved to the side and pushed around by everyone at Starfleet Command....

I'll break it down real quick:
Dialogue - The characters besides the OG crew delivered their lines horribly. I remember an interview with Kate Mulgrew saying the hardest part of Trek was taking very complicated dialogue and making it sound natural. The dialogue coach needs to be fired because the actors didn't understand the source material. Also, Riker would never say, "Ass-deep in Romulans"....writers were pure trash....

Story - Even after the countless battle with other civilizations the Federation never issued an open ban on anyone(Section 31 is different since it was running hits without Federation approval). I guess this was interjecting American politics into the universe...got it. Most of this story was an incoherent mess and we already have shows that dealt with or currently dealing with A.I, existentialism and trans-humanism, those would be nBattlestar Galactica and Westworld.....

Dat Agenda - Every Black actor was a Romulan "Thug" or Henchmen. Bipolar White woman gets away with killing her mentor, but gets a pass. Asian actors were treacherous and sneaky or literal fukk dolls for English Romulan Theon Greyjoy...Spanish Captain was a Antonio Banderas knock-off...

Characters - Can't think of the new ones besides Soji, Raffie, Chris?, Elroy, Theon Romulan?, Admiral Oh?

Soong's descendants is a Kylie Jenner Space Thot?

Highlights were the flashbacks of TNG crew, Riker's return, and Data's send off.

So.....Picard was ready to die....and without his consent...they put him into a new body? Trash!!!!!

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
In addition to:

Mirroring the complaints of the internet. I feel nothing watching all of this. Not angry, sad, upset just... nothing.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Show was ok... a lot going on but it wasn’t too bad. I had forgot a lot of shyt

But I’m in for season 2.... Seven of 9 and Soji bad af.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Agreed, finished the last episode, this joint was trash. It was tough to watch Picard getting moved to the side and pushed around by everyone at Starfleet Command....

I'll break it down real quick:
Dialogue - The characters besides the OG crew delivered their lines horribly. I remember an interview with Kate Mulgrew saying the hardest part of Trek was taking very complicated dialogue and making it sound natural. The dialogue coach needs to be fired because the actors didn't understand the source material. Also, Riker would never say, "Ass-deep in Romulans"....writers were pure trash....

I actually disagree with that. Obviously Riker could never say something like that on TNG back in the day, but away from the job Riker was pretty informal.