Official Star Trek: Picard thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It honestly doesn't bother me although that's why he wanted to kill data off going back over 20 years because he was aging. If they recast him I'm done with trek though.
That's your line?

I see Data like he is the Dax symbiote. The character can live on with all the applicable ties to the past embodied by an entirely new actor. I like Brent Spiner but he dislikes being Data now as much as I dislike him being Data.

Let him grow out his beard and use his natural hair color and cast him as another character if having Spiner around means anything to the fans.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's your line?

I see Data like he is the Dax symbiote. The character can live on with all the applicable ties to the past embodied by an entirely new actor. I like Brent Spiner but he dislikes being Data now as much as I dislike him being Data.

Let him grow out his beard and use his natural hair color and cast him as another character if having Spiner around means anything to the fans.
Nope I'm not interested i damn near gave up on nutrek after discovery. If they had pulled that shyt that would have been it. Probably about to give up on Star Wars also but we will see.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
As much as I love the TNG cast (and just the shot of Riker and Picard sitting on that little dock had me like :mjcry:) but they really need to do a quick bit of exposition stating Data wanted to have a new body for some reason and cast someone else in the role.
Brent Spider is old and paunchy as fukk and it just ruins the make believe that he's a freakin' machine to see that.
They'll probably come up with some techno babble to explain Data aging :pachaha:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Man they have to throw Deep Space Nine a bone, need a one shot mini series of Nog being a commander in Star Fleet LOL.

P.S.

If they use Abrams universe teleport graphics, i'm going to lose my shyt. That animation is dope.

giphy.gif

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
I really hope we see the enterprise e somehow and not the way they make the ships look now smh.
Said the exact same thing to my brother yesterday. It doesn't need tweaked. From the trailer at least the warp effect and battle shots look like they aren't the Kelvin-verse/DSC type.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Said the exact same thing to my brother yesterday. It doesn't need tweaked. From the trailer at least the warp effect and battle shots look like they aren't the Kelvin-verse/DSC type.
Yeah unfortunately I suspect it will be lol. So I will probably be disappointed but I'm mentally ready for the enterprise e star wars style smh. I hate that trek looks like star wars now :francis: