Official Stanley Kubrick, GOAT director discussion

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't care how many times you are supposed to watch EYES WIDE SHUT...it was not a good movie. Doesn't change Kubrick's status as a genius director but it is a bit of a blemish on an otherwise amazing filmography.

As a stand alone film it is quite good. Obviously it pales in comparison to Kubrick's entire filmography.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Shining is basically the greatest horror film of all time, don't think there is any debate about that.

'Clockwork Orange' is also a stone cold classic in every way.

Captain

Save a thought
Daps
Reppin
Ethiopia
I don't care how many times you are supposed to watch EYES WIDE SHUT...it was not a good movie. Doesn't change Kubrick's status as a genius director but it is a bit of a blemish on an otherwise amazing filmography.

:what:

I understand if you don't like it like his other movies but how is it in any way a bad film?

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
He has not made many films but when you look at his body of work, most directors don't come close.

My favorite film is Barry Lyndon, beautiful to watch. Almost Every single scene is a painting :wow:

2001 timeless and hands down best sci-fi movie :gladbron:

Eyes Wide Shut is overlooked and needs multiple viewing to appreciate, it's not a sex movie like it was marketed, it's about sociology and a glimpse into the neurotic mind.

Full Metal Jacket Could be the most accurately made war film "Hi Joker.." :merchant:

Lolita released in 1962! :whoa: it's a dark comedy

Your favorite directors favorite director.

You think Tarantino makes great films breh? :heh:

Lolita was trash, that fukking bytch. I was like :wtf: during the whole.movie

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eyes Wide Shut goes the vast majority of people's heads. It took me 10 years to understand what (many believe) Kubrick was trying to portray in it. Unfortunately, he died immediately after it was finished filming and being able to actually pick his brain about it isn't possible which in many strange ways almost adds to the myth of Kubrick.

Captain

Save a thought
Daps
Reppin
Ethiopia
Eyes Wide Shut goes the vast majority of people's heads. It took me 10 years to understand what (many believe) Kubrick was trying to portray in it. Unfortunately, he died immediately after it was finished filming and being able to actually pick his brain about it isn't possible which in many strange ways almost adds to the myth of Kubrick.

It could be the whole cult ceremony never actually happened, Dr. hartford just went in to his subconscious/the unknown and he tried to figure out how it works but he's stopped because he has no way to understand it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps
Just watched Paths of Glory last night.

:to:

An absolute masterpiece.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The Shining is basically the greatest horror film of all time, don't think there is any debate about that.

'Clockwork Orange' is also a stone cold classic in every way.

I think theres a big debate about that. I found in the mouth of madness to be better than the shining which to me is overrated.

Daps
Reppin
Dreadfort
I think theres a big debate about that. I found in the mouth of madness to be better than the shining which to me is overrated.

MoM is really good..very underrated piece but to say the shining is the GOAT is probably true..but it really is subjective..the horror gen is probably the most diverse genre in any cinematic genre...there can be different things that scare you..like gore can get people shook but gore makes me :beli: most of the time while children in white dresses standin still gets me :merchant:...but the overall consensus is that the best horror films is a five way tie for rosemary's baby, exorcist, jaws, the shining and psycho

Demon

Evil b*stard
Daps
Reppin
Hell on Earth

:ufdup:

great film, but most definitely not the greatest horror film of all time

:sitdown:

You shouldn't be watching demonic John Carpenter films.

Only high level demons like myself can watch shyt like The Thing, The Fog, Prince of Darkness and Mouth of Madness, among others

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:ufdup:

great film, but most definitely not the greatest horror film of all time

You shouldn't be watching demonic John Carpenter films.

Only high level demons like myself can watch shyt like The Thing, The Fog, Prince of Darkness and Mouth of Madness, among others

:beli: Its important to know your enemy and be familiar with the demonic realm without actually engaging in it or celebrating its demonic philosophies. Maybe you should come out of that filth and join friends somewhere in the realm of good, where God needs you. Demons always lose in the end.

MouseTeeth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens
How has no-one mentioned The Shining yet?

One of the GOAT horror movies

The Shining - Weirdest Scene - YouTube

creepiest scene is the movie by far. I never understood what was going on when i was real young watching for the first time, which added to the creepy factor. Apparently it details it at greater length in the book.

oh and btw 2001 is one of the most incredible movies ive ever seen