Official Stanley Kubrick, GOAT director discussion

Captain

Save a thought
Daps
Reppin
Ethiopia
He has not made many films but when you look at his body of work, most directors don't come close.

My favorite film is Barry Lyndon, beautiful to watch. Almost Every single scene is a painting :wow:

2001 timeless and hands down best sci-fi movie :gladbron:

Eyes Wide Shut is overlooked and needs multiple viewing to appreciate, it's not a sex movie like it was marketed, it's about sociology and a glimpse into the neurotic mind.

Full Metal Jacket Could be the most accurately made war film "Hi Joker.." :merchant:

Lolita released in 1962! :whoa: it's a dark comedy

Your favorite directors favorite director.

You think Tarantino makes great films breh? :heh:

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
All of his films are still viewable today without that :scusthov: cats get from older movies, which really speaks towards his eye for pure cinematography. A lot of directors have an idea or eye for the vision of their movies, Kubrick had a vision for each individual scene:flabbyntip?:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
As much as I love Kubrick he definitely isn't my favorite director. His cinematography game and attention to detail blows my mind though.

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
As much as I love Kubrick he definitely isn't my favorite director. His cinematography game and attention to detail blows my mind though.

I think he was more suited to cinematography than pure directing, as blasphemous as that may sound. He seemed like the type to always have an idea that exceeded the limitations of tech at the time.

Captain

Save a thought
Daps
Reppin
Ethiopia
Thats what makes him such a great director, the attention to detail. His scenes are long compared to most films and thats what most people complain about. He really does immerse you in the movie with the attention to detail.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I think he was more suited to cinematography than pure directing, as blasphemous as that may sound. He seemed like the type to always have an idea that exceeded the limitations of tech at the time.
Yeah. He innovated a lot in the realm of cinematography. But some of his movies are just :ehh: to me with my favorites being 2001 and Full Metal Jacket
Thats what makes him such a great director, the attention to detail. His scenes are long compared to most films and thats what most people complain about. He really does immerse you in the movie with the attention to detail.
Yeah he does, I think those criticisms are valid in some cases though. Some of his movies get really long/boring even though they're usually gorgeous while doing so. It's really a shame he didn't live long enough to direct A.I.

I'd be hard pressed to name a better technical director, but there are directors whom I found more enjoyment in their films overall.

Captain

Save a thought
Daps
Reppin
Ethiopia
I feel like if the story is good enough then lengthy scenes will only help and especially since a lot of his films are based of novels.

Watching this on bluray is something else

Last edited by a moderator:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I feel like if the story is good enough then lengthy scenes will only help and especially since a lot of his films are based of novels.

Watching this on bluray is something else

Best Barry Lyndon scene - YouTube
that movie is absolutely gorgeous. I was literally convinced that some of the backgrounds in the scenes were painted. I didn't reach the end of the film though I was :snooze: (doesn't help I get really stoned)
He's a director you respect more than you love

I don't think there's a Kubrick movie in my top 50
2001 ain't in your top 50 then :ufdup:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Dr. Strangelove

Barry Lyndon

Eyes Wide Shut

Full Metal Jacket

They're all brilliant honestly.

Its like you're there, the shots, the time periods, and characters are spot on.

He's one of my favorite directors.

Captain

Save a thought
Daps
Reppin
Ethiopia
Question about the ending of Eyes Wide Shut :

At the end of the movie when Dr. Hartford goes home to find the mask from the ceremony on his pillow next to his wife, and he wakes her up, starts crying, confessing "ill tell you everything.." did she find the mask & put it there to confront him or did the members of the cult enter his house while she slept & placed it there to warn him against making any further inquiries?

Wee Bey

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How has no-one mentioned The Shining yet?

One of the GOAT horror movies

Last edited by a moderator: