Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Incredible

- The acting in this shyt was TOP notch. Tom Holland was in his bag, as were all the vilains - especially Dafoe as Osbourne

- This is the first of the 3 that felt like a true Spider-Man movie to me. Not just because the OGs show up, but because the Holland run always had Spider-Man on easy mode! Never suffered any real loss outside of Tony. Now in this he lost his family AND his best friend AND his girl.

- I always hated how Spider-Man in the MCU has been on training wheels. Came off very Iron-Man Jr like some of you guys said. I love that this movie scaled all that back, and in the end his suit closely resembling the OG suits shows he was inspired by them and is going back to the roots of why many of us loved Spder Man to begin with.

- The action was A1 in this, above and beyond. Everyone was utilized perfectly. They even had Sandman!

- I'm really glad we got to see Tobey's Peter again, and I bet this was a cathartic/redemptive moment for Andrew Garfield, because he was a tremendous Spider-Man who just got a bad hand because the movies weren't very good. They were incorporated so well. Didn't come off tacked on or forced AT ALL.

- Glad those theories about Dr. Strange not really being Dr. Strange were false.

- MJ's awkardness was really annoying to me in the first two movies, but she was great in this. Ned did well with the extra material he had to work with.

- I feel I will appreciate it even more on my second viewing because I spent the first half of the movie being anxious waiting to see if the rumors were true LOL

- Aunt May's death was extremely well done.

- Definitely a top tier MCU movie, and while I loved the first movies, this one was the best by a sizable margin

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
reading this thread is why I had to see it ASAP, I can’t tell what qualifies as a spoiler and what doesn’t cause some of these posts feel like spoilers to me :skip:

I did have one question about the credit scenes

how did Eddie/Venom get sucked into this universe when he doesn’t know that Peter Parker is Spider-Man? Am I missing something there?

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
reading this thread is why I had to see it ASAP, I can’t tell what qualifies as a spoiler and what doesn’t cause some of these posts feel like spoilers to me :skip:

how did Eddie/Venom get sucked into this universe when he doesn’t know that Peter Parker is Spider-Man? Am I missing something there?
because the symbiote is a hive mind the venom from Spider-Man 3 knows and shared that knowledge with all symbiotes throughout the multiverse. That’s the best explanation you’ll get

Last edited:
Daps
Same here I think he a great parker and spidey

Man I love how they all interacted.

It was so well thought out and done, I don't know if yall caught it.

Toby was the more mature and confident one, his villain's also represented the more mature tone

Andrew was very self conscious and the really played and joked on it (even having to reassure him that he's a great spider man an "amazing spiderman") and his villains also represented that.

Tom is young and immature and well hadn't really earned his stripes as a "proper spiderman" but is a team player, and they played on that.

It was just done so well, cheers.

It would have been mind blowing if they could have prompted this as a dr strange vs spiderman movie and kept every else a surprise.

Also shout to the daredevil cameo, I cheer :pachaha:

I didn't realize it in the moment, but you're right. Andrew lost his confidence after Gwen's death and they showed that in his character. Don't know if I can say that his villains represented that though, as Elektro was EXTREMELY confident after getting his body back, his hairline back, and some nice timbs :pachaha:

I wish we could get more Andrew Spiderman movies. I really dig that storyline and universe.

Brehs called me crazy before, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sony is trying to make this happen. Imagine if they have 2 or even 3 Spiderman stories going at the same time. This movie right here shows that there's an audience for it, and unlike that cluster(expletive) of the DC universe where we have all these different variations of characters but they never truly explained it, the Sonyverse has been explained with this one movie right here.

They could have Andrew going up against Tom Hardy's Venom, could bring back Tobey who I actually liked in this movie, which is surprising cause I hated his 3 movies initially. But Tobey with more confidence is awesome.

Plus I was laughing on the part where Ned asked him about Harry, and he was like "Yeah I had a best friend, he died in my arms after trying to kill me. Tragic :comeon:"

:laff:

I think Tobey is done with Spiderman, but if Sony threw a big enough bag at him, I can't imagine that he wouldn't come back.

Andrew would definitely come back, I'm sure of that.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn't realize it in the moment, but you're right. Andrew lost his confidence after Gwen's death and they showed that in his character. Don't know if I can say that his villains represented that though, as Elektro was EXTREMELY confident after getting his body back, his hairline back, and some nice timbs :pachaha:

I wish we could get more Andrew Spiderman movies. I really dig that storyline and universe.

Brehs called me crazy before, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sony is trying to make this happen. Imagine if they have 2 or even 3 Spiderman stories going at the same time. This movie right here shows that there's an audience for it, and unlike that cluster(expletive) of the DC universe where we have all these different variations of characters but they never truly explained it, the Sonyverse has been explained with this one movie right here.

They could have Andrew going up against Tom Hardy's Venom, could bring back Tobey who I actually liked in this movie, which is surprising cause I hated his 3 movies initially. But Tobey with more confidence is awesome.

Plus I was laughing on the part where Ned asked him about Harry, and he was like "Yeah I had a best friend, he died in my arms after trying to kill me. Tragic :comeon:"

:laff:

I think Tobey is done with Spiderman, but if Sony threw a big enough bag at him, I can't imagine that he wouldn't come back.

Andrew would definitely come back, I'm sure of that.

LOL jamie killed it as electro this time. But yeah he was confident when he got the do over, but still was mad insecure about returning back to how he was. I can't tell if Jamie didn't "care" about the roll and that's what made it so good or if they just told him to be himself as a villain and that's why it worked so well:russ:

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star

Did you see venom?

Daps
Disney; thru marvel studios is getting damn near monopolistic. with that said. :fire:

Breh I'm as big a Batman fan as anybody on thecoli and I can tell you right now....

The Marvel vs DC conversations are OVER.

Nothing DC has done or ever will do will come close to what the MCU is and what they have built over the years.

I don't care if Feige throws us ten more trash shows like Hawkeye, he can afford to do it because they have built such a huge fanbase that most of us are gonna feel compelled to watch whatever they put out there, because even if it ain't 10 out of 10, it's connected to something that IS 10 out of 10.

It's ridiculous the web they have weaved. :wow:

Daps
LOL jamie killed it as electro this time. But yeah he was confident when he got the do over, but still was mad insecure about returning back to how he was. I can't tell if Jamie didn't "care" about the roll and that's what made it so good or if they just told him to be himself as a villain and that's why it worked so well:russ:

They told him to be himself, I'm sure of it.

I think they realized that people LOVE Jamie Foxx but people hated Elektro and so something needed to change. Probably told him to do what Sam Jackson does. Just be yourself, cause I swear that's all Sam Jackson has been doing ever since he joined the MCU. This dude has never come close to any variation of Nick Fury that I grew up on, but that sure looks like the Sam Jackson I've been watching all my life every time he's on screen :pachaha:

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
Breh I'm as big a Batman fan as anybody on thecoli and I can tell you right now....

The Marvel vs DC conversations are OVER.

Nothing DC has done or ever will do will come close to what the MCU is and what they have built over the years.

I don't care if Feige throws us ten more trash shows like Hawkeye, he can afford to do it because they have built such a huge fanbase that most of us are gonna feel compelled to watch whatever they put out there, because even if it ain't 10 out of 10, it's connected to something that IS 10 out of 10.

It's ridiculous the web they have weaved. :wow:
Hawkeye is good.

• Dap
Reactions: flo