Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I just never get people who complain about runtimes for movies they are interested in. An extra 30 mins setting you back somehow? Why?

They are packing a shytload into this movie, of course its gonna be on the longer side
packing isn’t what you want in a good movie.

Spiderverse already did this in 2 hrs and introduced an entirely new protagonist.

I wasn’t complaining.

The only Marvel movie approaching 3 hrs was a second part of 20 plus movie franchise.

So I’m literally wondering what could be in this movie that is approaching that scale.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
packing isn’t what you want in a good movie.

Spiderverse already did this in 2 hrs and introduced an entirely new protagonist.

I wasn’t complaining.

The only Marvel movie approaching 3 hrs was a second part of 20 plus movie franchise.

So I’m literally wondering what could be in this movie that is approaching that scale.

well I am also concerned about them trying to fit too much into the movie as well, but the longer runtime should give them a better runway to do that IMO

Fiege/Watts have been pumping this movie as 'Endgame' of sorts for Spiderman

Also, this essentially will be the introduction of the multiverse for the MCU, so there is a lot of weight tied to that as far as the future of the MCU

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I just never get people who complain about runtimes for movies they are interested in. An extra 30 mins setting you back somehow? Why?

They are packing a shytload into this movie, of course its gonna be on the longer side
I wasn't complaining about the runtime, I was just wondering why you assumed the movie was preferred to be just 90 minutes. That was weird. :francis:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
well I am also concerned about them trying to fit too much into the movie as well, but the longer runtime should give them a better runway to do that IMO

Fiege/Watts have been pumping this movie as 'Endgame' of sorts for Spiderman

Also, this essentially will be the introduction of the multiverse for the MCU, so there is a lot of weight tied to that as far as the future of the MCU
I’ve only seen 3 selected minutes of footage but this is what I’m wondering what is the extra time since “Multiverse of Madness” is speculated to be a heavy film on Multiverse.

So you have two back to back Multiverse films?

This Spidey franchise has done a good job of tying the mundane (homecoming, school field trip) to the fantastical narrative. Now we are having a small scale identity story tied to this Endgame scale narrative.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ve only seen 3 selected minutes of footage but this is what I’m wondering what is the extra time since “Multiverse of Madness” is speculated to be a heavy film on Multiverse.

This Spidey franchise has done a good job of tying the mundane (homecoming, school field trip) to the fantastical narrative. Now we are having a small scale identity story tied to this Endgame scale narrative.
I agree with you its an odd leap for this specific Spiderman trilogy/saga to have the first two storylines on a small scale (relative to the possibilities within the MCU) and then take this MASSIVE jump in scale for the third film. With the multiverse connection, I can only guess this movie will have heavy implications for Strange Multiverse Madness. I am concerned about the jump in scale though here. If you read about the production of Multiverse of Madness too, Im worried they are biting off more than they can chew in these two movies

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
When was that said? We already know the animated show is still following Hollands character just in his earlier HS years. I don't recall reading anywhere that this is the last MCU appearance of Spiderman.
'Spider-Man No Way Home' Release Date, News, Cast, and Spoilers.

Tom Holland says he doesn’t have a contract for any more Spider-Man films

Tom Holland Confirms His 'Spider-Man' Contract Ends After 'No Way Home' - Inside the Magic
Film Executives Want Tom Holland to Keep Playing Spider-Man, But He's Not Convinced - IGN

Tom Holland Talks End Of Spider-Man Contract, Tries To Avoid Spoilers

Tom Holland Says ‘Spider-Man 3’ Completes His Current Contract, But “If They Want Me Back, I’ll Be There in a Heartbeat”

Tom Holland contract with MCU ends with this movie. So unless they recast Tom Holland :aicmon: into the MCU after a whole trilogy :aicmon: then this will be the last time you see spider man in the MCU

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I agree with you its an odd leap for this specific Spiderman trilogy/saga to have the first two storylines on a small scale (relative to the possibilities within the MCU) and then take this MASSIVE jump in scale for the third film. With the multiverse connection, I can only guess this movie will have heavy implications for Strange Multiverse Madness. I am concerned about the jump in scale though here. If you read about the production of Multiverse of Madness too, Im worried they are biting off more than they can chew in these two movies

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t believe half of what they say in interviews. These Marvel guys sign NDAs all the time and still leak stuff on accident.

When they first renewed the Disney deal, I read that it was for this movie and an appearance in another Marvel movie which he hasn’t filled that obligation for yet.

they’re most likely still in negotiation stages for his solo films and gonna wait til after this drops to start speaking publicly about that

they’ve already shown Venom show up in the MCU and want the Tom Holland Spider-Man.. the Venom director teased the eventual Spidey/Venom confrontation and Tom Hardy and Holland both tease it once a month… Holland ain’t going nowhere despite how much he tries to throw the media off

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

Because what happens in this film will not be repaired by time Stranges film comes. It's going to get worse especially with both Wanda and Loki appearing :picard: