Official Space Jam: A New Legacy Thread

darryl

Superstar
Daps
The Rick and Morty cameo was worth it just to hear Rick call Lebron a dum-dum.

I kind of feel sorry for Kong. He got his ass kicked by Godzilla and then goes to a basketball game only to catch a stray from Don Cheadle. This hasn't been the best year for him. :mjlol:
And yet godzilla not even popular enough to make a cameo in this,but kong is. That's why you're upset. Shut yo ass up. Godzilla fans are annoying as fukk

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
And yet godzilla not even popular enough to make a cameo in this,but kong is. That's why you're upset. Shut yo ass up. Godzilla fans are annoying as fukk
Toho still own the rights to Godzilla and want the bag for everything, he's in, Warner brothers abstained on this one

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
giphy.gif

E R 11 C

Pro
Daps
Just watched this last night. Movie was decent. I enjoyed it for the most part. Felt that the "Lebron's greatness" portion in the beginning was too long, but it was similar to how they told the story of MJs career in the opening credits of the OG film, so I gave it a pass. Enjoyed seeing the toons in their cameos in other movies and the throwbacks to the OG film. Laughed at Elmer Fudd as Mini Me. I thought the Goon Squad players were cool, although I wish they all had a little more dialogue. Seems like Ogwumike and Davis have a majority of the lines. Don Cheadle was good, even tho he basically turns into Giannis at the end. Was waiting for at least some sort of Jordan cameo, but all we got was Michael B instead of Michael A. And I wish Daffy played in the game.

Overall: Space Jam >> Space Jam: New Legacy.

Question: In this movie, do the Toons remember playing with Jordan at Moron Mountain? I feel like Bugs alludes to it several times and Daffy says something like "been there", but everyone else seems kinda oblivious to it.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Just watched this last night. Movie was decent. I enjoyed it for the most part. Felt that the "Lebron's greatness" portion in the beginning was too long, but it was similar to how they told the story of MJs career in the opening credits of the OG film, so I gave it a pass. Enjoyed seeing the toons in their cameos in other movies and the throwbacks to the OG film. Laughed at Elmer Fudd as Mini Me. I thought the Goon Squad players were cool, although I wish they all had a little more dialogue. Seems like Ogwumike and Davis have a majority of the lines. Don Cheadle was good, even tho he basically turns into Giannis at the end. Was waiting for at least some sort of Jordan cameo, but all we got was Michael B instead of Michael A. And I wish Daffy played in the game.

Overall: Space Jam >> Space Jam: New Legacy.

Question: In this movie, do the Toons remember playing with Jordan at Moron Mountain? I feel like Bugs alludes to it several times and Daffy says something like "been there", but everyone else seems kinda oblivious to it.
Gianni's was initially signed on and then decided not to do it, citing "winning a championship", looks like he made the right decision

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
it was ight, First Space Jam had more heart and soul tho

this scene alone >>>>>

I disagree - Space Jam 1 didn't really have any heart...which is actually what made it a better movie. Int rying to be more heartfelt, Space Jam 2 falls on its face since the acting is ass and the premise is so cynical to begin with. Space Jam 1 ain't even pretend to be nothing more than an adapted sneaker commercial, so it's stupid but never painful to watch either.

The original = Looney Tunes meets NBA. A New Legacy = LeBron James PR/HBO Max promo piece with Looney Tunes tacked on.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Surprised Warner bros ain’t making more bugs bunny cartoons instead they just throw these characters back in vault for 20-30 years