Official Space Jam: A New Legacy Thread

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
How did Gossamer get more tick than Taz and Yosemite Sam?

He a G League Looney Tune character
Yeah I was wondering this too
Also bugs and Daffy don’t talk to each other once in this film. I watched some scenes to double check
They’re like the OG Duo :gucci:
If they weren’t busy making Star Trek references maybe they would’ve had time

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I disagree - Space Jam 1 didn't really have any heart...which is actually what made it a better movie. Int rying to be more heartfelt, Space Jam 2 falls on its face since the acting is ass and the premise is so cynical to begin with. Space Jam 1 ain't even pretend to be nothing more than an adapted sneaker commercial, so it's stupid but never painful to watch either.

The original = Looney Tunes meets NBA. A New Legacy = LeBron James PR/HBO Max promo piece with Looney Tunes tacked on.
U have no idea what u talking about. Space Jam was literally based off Jordan’s retirement after his father died. The movie was tied to his real life. That in itself gave it more heart. To ME. This new movie shouldn’t have even been made cause Space Jam was directly tied to Jordan’s retirement and return to the NBA. The Looney Tunes, The soundtrack, the merch ALL >>>>>>>>>>>> this new shyt.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
there's new Looney Tunes on HBO Max but they haven't spent a lot of time promoting them
WkSIxiC.png

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Yeah I was wondering this too
Also bugs and Daffy don’t talk to each other once in this film. I watched some scenes to double check
They’re like the OG Duo :gucci:
If they weren’t busy making Star Trek references maybe they would’ve had time
Bugs still mad Daffy didnt pay rent when he was staying at his crib.

:francis:

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
The Rick and Morty cameo was worth it just to hear Rick call Lebron a dum-dum.

I kind of feel sorry for Kong. He got his ass kicked by Godzilla and then goes to a basketball game only to catch a stray from Don Cheadle. This hasn't been the best year for him. :mjlol:
King Kong won :ufdup:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
U have no idea what u talking about. Space Jam was literally based off Jordan’s retirement after his father died. The movie was tied to his real life. That in itself gave it more heart. To ME. This new movie shouldn’t have even been made cause Space Jam was directly tied to Jordan’s retirement and return to the NBA. The Looney Tunes, The soundtrack, the merch ALL >>>>>>>>>>>> this new shyt.
I mean, Space Jam 2 is based on LeBron's family life raising two kids in the crazy media spotlight. But in Space Jam 1, all of that's pretty shallow and largely unessential to the plot. They make the bare minimum of effort deriving and emotional beats out of it, whereas that dominates the SJ2 story...and SJ2 is worse for it because LeBron can't act and it's all so fukking dumb and inane either way

With stories like this, it's best to keep it simple. Space Jam stayed in it's lane cuz it was the 90s and shyt was more cynical back then, whereas now everybody tries to be #important

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I mean, Space Jam 2 is based on LeBron's family life raising two kids in the crazy media spotlight. But in Space Jam 1, all of that's pretty shallow and largely unessential to the plot. They make the bare minimum of effort deriving and emotional beats out of it, whereas that dominates the SJ2 story...and SJ2 is worse for it because LeBron can't act and it's all so fukking dumb and inane either way

With stories like this, it's best to keep it simple. Space Jam stayed in it's lane cuz it was the 90s and shyt was more cynical back then, whereas now everybody tries to be #important
The movie had more heart from the premise and plot alone. Forget all the acting. People felt a way about Jordan retiring. People felt for Jordan about his pops. And people felt a way about him coming back to the NBA. Those things alone gave it more heart. That movie birthed I Believe I Can Fly, and Fly Like An Eagle. Some of the most inspirational songs of the 90s. Space Jam was tailor made for Jordan. Best thing they could’ve done with the series is take it away from basketball and do it for a different sport like they was gonna do before. But even the director of the OG said this shyt is trash and shouldnt have been made because it was tailor made for Jordan. And that the soundtrack to the new film was insignificant. Do u know what that means? The soundtrack to the first film was tailor made to be inspirational. The shyt wasn’t forced. It naturally had more heart.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
The movie had more heart from the premise and plot alone. Forget all the acting. People felt a way about Jordan retiring. People felt for Jordan about his pops. And people felt a way about him coming back to the NBA. Those things alone gave it more heart. That movie birthed I Believe I Can Fly, and Fly Like An Eagle. Some of the most inspirational songs of the 90s. Space Jam was tailor made for Jordan. Best thing they could’ve done with the series is take it away from basketball and do it for a different sport like they was gonna do before. But even the director of the OG said this shyt is trash and shouldnt have been made because it was tailor made for Jordan. And that the soundtrack to the new film was insignificant. Do u know what that means? The soundtrack to the first film was tailor made to be inspirational. The shyt wasn’t forced. It naturally had more heart.
My nikka, you are way too lost in this nostalgia to have this conversation rationally, and I was probably younger than you when it came out :heh:

I'm not even trying to criticize Space Jam 1 in comparison to the sequel - I'm actually using this to say it was better!

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
My nikka, you are way too lost in this nostalgia to have this conversation rationally, and I was probably younger than you when it came out :heh:

I'm not even trying to criticize Space Jam 1 in comparison to the sequel - I'm actually using this to say it was better!
Im not saying ur trying to criticize the movie. Im explaining why what ur saying is very flawed. U said u was prolly younger than me when it dropped. Which would make me even more qualified to speak on the climate of the release of the film. The movie was DIRECTLY tied to MJ’s life and retirement and return to the NBA.

Last edited: