Official Snowfall Season 4 Thread

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Andre lived next door, had a tail on him, broke in his house and stole all his files. Uh, that’s what happens when someone is gunning for you, no matter how smart you are.

And he would’ve died had they not been missing from a damn repast where hella people are next door and can hear shots/go looking for him. If I remember, I think he even died for a bit, had to be resuscitated

How would the coroners have known when frank shot him point blank and put the gun in his hand? That along with the current circumstances of Andre - suspended from work, daughter on drugs - created plausibility.

lastly, this is a realistic depiction of the game, being smart doesn’t mean being unscathed, that wouldn’t be authentic

I get why he killed Andre for the sake of the story, but ideally he would not have been shytting where he ate so that his own next door neighbor cop could figure out what he's doing. Or he also could have just lied to Andre and say he was done with that shyt (with his more legit business aspirations around the corner anyway.)

There would have been gunshot residue on Andre's hand and suicide by gunshot would have created stippling on the wound ; they knew this even in the 80s. Like I said though, it is plausible that they just didn't care since they would have yet another homicide to worry about clearing.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I get why he killed Andre for the sake of the story, but ideally he would not have been shytting where he ate so that his own next door neighbor cop could figure out what he's doing. Or he also could have just lied to Andre and say he was done with that shyt (with his more legit business aspirations around the corner anyway.)

There would have been gunshot residue on Andre's hand and suicide by gunshot would have created stippling on the wound ; they knew this even in the 80s. Like I said though, it is plausible that they just didn't care since they would have yet another homicide to worry about clearing.
what? dre knew frank was pushing drugs when he was small time, small time drug dealers are supposed to be where exactly? Lol @ lying to Dre saying he's done and Dre just being like "cool :hubie:" while watching rock still float around the street and only being tied to one supplier/crew at that time (Frank's) being a realistic way to deescalate Dre's preoccupation with Saint.

Stippling would be there regardless, the powder residue not being there, ok. But you're also assuming writers know all those details.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
what? dre knew frank was pushing drugs when he was small time, small time drug dealers are supposed to be where exactly? Lol @ lying to Dre saying he's done and Dre just being like "cool :hubie:" while watching rock still float around the street and only being tied to one supplier/crew at that time (Frank's) being a realistic way to deescalate Dre's preoccupation with Saint.

Stippling would be there regardless, the powder residue not being there, ok. But you're also assuming writers know all those details.

That goes both ways. Selling crack is not a constitutional right and I don't blame Andre for not turning a blind eye while Franklin turned his neighborhood to hell on Earth. He should have kept it to himself for the time, though. He (mistakenly) thought Franklin was better than he was.

I don't blame the writers for not being forensic experts because it's just TV and it's not supposed to be realistic.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That goes both ways. Selling crack is not a constitutional right and I don't blame Andre for not turning a blind eye while Franklin turned his neighborhood to hell on Earth. He should have kept it to himself for the time, though. He (mistakenly) thought Franklin was better than he was.

I don't blame the writers for not being forensic experts because it's just TV and it's not supposed to be realistic.
of course he wasn't supposed to turn a blind eye, but your whole argument was based on Franklin not being smart because Dre was on him. like of course he'll be on him and of course Frank had to start his operation from where he was - even tho he did keep his dirt away from his and his uncel's house, bruh had a cook house early in the game.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
of course he wasn't supposed to turn a blind eye, but your whole argument was based on Franklin not being smart because Dre was on him. like of course he'll be on him and of course Frank had to start his operation from where he was - even tho he did keep his dirt away from his and his uncel's house, bruh had a cook house early in the game.

It's all part of the game I guess, but my point was that he didn't just start making these very risky decisions in Season 4.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It's all part of the game I guess, but my point was that he didn't just start making these very risky decisions in Season 4.
that's also the whole point - he made dumb risky decisions when he was new to the game, we then saw him elevate and start moving smarter, now he's back to making day one dumb moves...he regressed

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt is gonna get real interesting when Teddy doesn't need Franklin anymore.

Will he be able to be a kingpin without having that lucky CIA connect?

he’s already angling for an early exit by expanding what they’re doing rather than wait for the war to be over cuz he know it’s endgame once he don’t have anything coming in

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
nah, you look at them pics/pop culture, even rap, shyt was hittin like 85-92, it was around earlier, but wasn't everywhere until the mid-late 80's
You're a little bit off. Funny enough I just had a conversation with my pops about Jheri curls he said when he visited my great auntie in. L.A. who was a hairdresser she put one in for him in either 76 or 77. Says it was semi popular at the time but by 79/80 they were real popular. Keep in mind those these weren't the loose hanging Jheri Curls thats that's synonymous with the term but afros with a curly kit put in. Like this.
b0805110faaca77a6979d1bed83773bc.jpg

BTW this is still the best show on TV for me so it is what it is. But it us noticable for an 80s baby like myself. Fashion and style wise there are a few misses. It wasn't all Jheri Curls at the time either some dudes wore shags or low cuts like Eddie Murphy.

They're kind of hit and miss with the women too Louie looks contemporary but many of the women aren't early 80s was big hair or a Janet on Different Strokes type Hairstyle
All of family's old pictures I see this
180px-Jody_Watley_-_Dorsey_High_School_-_Class_of_1977.jpg

Not this

maxresdefault.jpg

But I think the show is on a tight budget so fukk it. You just gotta suspend your disbelief and enjoy the show. :manny:

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
You're a little bit off. Funny enough I just had a conversation with my pops about Jheri curls he said when he visited my great auntie in. L.A. who was a hairdresser she put one in for him in either 76 or 77. Says it was semi popular at the time but by 79/80 they were real popular. Keep in mind those these weren't the loose hanging Jheri Curls thats that's synonymous with the term but afros with a curly kit put in. Like this.
b0805110faaca77a6979d1bed83773bc.jpg

BTW this is still the best show on TV for me so it is what it is. But it us noticable for an 80s baby like myself. Fashion and style wise there are a few misses. It wasn't all Jheri Curls at the time either some dudes wore shags or low cuts like Eddie Murphy.

They're kind of hit and miss with the women too Louie looks contemporary but many of the women aren't early 80s was big hair or a Janet on Different Strokes type Hairstyle
All of family's old pictures I see this
180px-Jody_Watley_-_Dorsey_High_School_-_Class_of_1977.jpg

Not this

maxresdefault.jpg

But I think the show is on a tight budget so fukk it. You just gotta suspend your disbelief and enjoy the show. :manny:
Damn Jody Watley was fine :wow:

Luxury Tax

Middleman Money
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
jerome had that, he was decked out when opening jammin jerome's, and kev had a piece, but franklin aint flashy, nor is lee or skully, only person beside jerome i'd expect to be rocking jewelry is manboy

as for jeri curls, wasn't that kinda a mid-late 80's/early 90's thing? seems right that it may not have fully taken off yet where the show is - 85

Im talking about the characters that are rocking the jewels... them aint the chains cats was rockin in that era... Just an observation