Official Snowfall Season 4 Thread

Daps
Damson's done a good job with the LA accent :ehh:

shyt ain't like The Wire where String and McNulty's British accents would slip every other scene :mjlol:

lol, his brit accent never comes through, but that sounds like an LA accent to you? He sounds like he’s imitating Denzel to me. Like he learned the “us accent” by studying Denzel films.

Loving this season (even tho this was the weakest episode, by far), and really this show has been great since season 2. I did find it odd that Franklin was pretending he didn’t know Leon. Did the writers forget Leon got shot at his crib?

Luxury Tax

Middleman Money
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Daps
Agreed that whole storyline with how they got fatback really irked me. Show did a dive to empire quality during that. The girl who set up fatback was literally in front of the police station and don’t think anybody could have saw her? And how the bytch put up the bail without any traces back to her since she paid in drug money?
I hope the show don’t jump the shark with the unrealistic storylines. That’s what has separated it from shows like power

These are some weak criticisms...you have to remember: The police don’t know that he was bailed out by a rival and set up. When he comes up dead at Louie’s Club, they’re just gonna assume goons got to him while he was out on bail. There’s no need (or even logical reason) to go digging into who bailed him out or who picked him up.

The real question is why Skully and Man Boy were doing nothing? Not even tryna get at him while he was in county? And why was Saint so lackadaisical about bailing him out? Aside from the fact that you should do right by the guy taking a wrap for you, he supposed to be smart, he should’ve known Fat back was exposed while he was in custody and it was the perfect time for Skully/ManBoy to attack

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These are some weak criticisms...you have to remember: The police don’t know that he was bailed out by a rival and set up. When he comes up dead at Louie’s Club, they’re just gonna assume goons got to him while he was out on bail. There’s no need (or even logical reason) to go digging into who bailed him out or who picked him up.
I’m not knocking the show. I’ve been watching since season one and still my top 2-3 show that still going. I just feel like they could have sophisticated how they got him a lil better.

Daps
I’m not knocking the show. I’ve been watching since season one and still my top 2-3 show that still going. I just feel like they could have sophisticated how they got him a lil better.
Peep my edit...I got no problems with criticizing the writing and I think it’s ripe for the criticizing. I just didn’t think those criticisms were valid.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Peep my edit...I got no problems with criticizing the writing and I think it’s ripe for the criticizing. I just didn’t think those criticisms were valid.
I agree with your edit. At first I thought Franklin put the money up like he was supposed to and them hoes just beat them there. Franklin got some a1 Jew lawyer so the fact some hood rats outsmarted them to the point even the lawyer was confused. I felt was ehhh. They would literally need a inside man in the police department to pull it off the way they did. The timing was too convenient. But given the time period and etc you right it’s not completely far fetched about her waiting outside and etc . But giving them the benefit of the doubt with everything else him just going along nilly Willy knowing 2 gang leaders wanted him dead made it that much more unrealistic.

Daps
I agree with your edit. At first I thought Franklin put the money up like he was supposed to and them hoes just beat them there. Franklin got some a1 Jew lawyer so the fact some hood rats outsmarted them to the point even the lawyer was confused. I felt was ehhh. They would literally need a inside man in the police department to pull it off the way they did. The timing was too convenient. But given the time period and etc you right it’s not completely far fetched about her waiting outside and etc . But giving them the benefit of the doubt with everything else him just going along nilly Willy knowing 2 gang leaders wanted him dead made it that much more unrealistic.

Yup, and while I had no problem with the random broad picking Fat Back up cuz that wouldn’t alarm no cops, Leon being in the car when they dropped off Fat Back was silly:snoop:

Leon is the most wanted man in metro LA, and he’s sitting across from the Compton police station, still rocking his distinctive fro, in a car with Franklin and Peaches...the very same car the cops ran up on them at the beginning of the episode. :snoop:

Daps
Why was Peaches picking the lock in the beginning? Were they at Louies's club?

They were at Louie’s Club...I think Franklin just forgot the key or something, cuz he jokingly tells Peaches that they could just go home and get his key if it would be quicker.

Maybe fact that Peaches can pick locks will become important later, or that he’s from (or spent time in) Chicago, or it wasn’t that deep :ld:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The real question is why Skully and Man Boy were doing nothing? Not even tryna get at him while he was in county? And why was Saint so lackadaisical about bailing him out? Aside from the fact that you should do right by the guy taking a wrap for you, he supposed to be smart, he should’ve known Fat back was exposed while he was in custody and it was the perfect time for Skully/ManBoy to attack
Even once bail was made, what was the plan?

Frank was at the club smashing his chick. Seems like all he sent was the lawyer, who I doubt was going to give Fatback a ride back to the crib. He didn't have any soldiers waiting to pick him up after bail. Was Fatback taking the bus home? Everyone knew Fatback had a target on his back and the plan to make sure he made it out safe seemed kind of :manny:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think she’s a fed not one of Manboy’s.

Considering the police already know Franklin frequents Louie's spot and he's storing keys there, I'd say this is unlikely. Shorty already got enough info on him to get a warrant. Honestly it's weird he's using that as his stash spot considering how public his association with the place is. If anything she's connected to Manboy and trying to find the plug.

Daps
Considering the police already know Franklin frequents Louie's spot and he's storing keys there, I'd say this is unlikely. Shorty already got enough info on him to get a warrant. Honestly it's weird he's using that as his stash spot considering how public his association with the place is. If anything she's connected to Manboy and trying to find the plug.

Yup, and she was asking about Reed last episode. She was his first lay, so they go way back, but he also knew Manboy from way back too, so it all fits together. They’ve introduced her trope-filled character in the most obvious manner possible. I think we all knew she was rat from the moment she showed up on screen.

I agree it’s odd that Franklin would store his work at the club. In the opening scene of the last episode he tells Peaches that after they do that deal they’ll move all those keys to the stash house. So I’m guessing they’re setting it up for him to either get robbed or jammed up by the police :francis:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
yea, they keep dropping lines about manboy trying to find the plug, she's a chick from frank's past school days, manboy and frank went to school together back in the day...i'm rollin with the manboy association

re: him storing the keys there, i'm wondering if it's to show how backed up his inventory is with no skully and manboy buying from him

Ducktales

Get Money
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I legit skipped to the last page because I’m only on season 2 , binge watching, but wow this is the best show out right now. I can’t believe I passed on it so long listening to critics and reviews and shyt. Even tho I know it’s pretty favorable with this show. I Love the wire and shows like that so I didn’t watch it because I was too critical of the presentation of the series and didn’t think it was a serious show..But after watching it, its no reason to compare it to the wire. They are completely different shows with completely different stories maybe with the same central message or point, but that’s all. It’s no reason to compare them. Just appreciate each one for what they bring to the table in terms of quality. Show is the complete opposite of what I thought. It’s a serious show and legit all around. I absolutely love how they provide historical context on Iran contra and the government flooding our communities with poison. Hope the rest of the seasons get even better, but I can’t enter the thread again until I’m caught up with you all. Peace